Cop shoots woman for rolling her window up

Read the links. He was fired and is now going to trial for murder. The husband has also sued him for 5.4 million.He should be found guilty and given death penalty.

Okay, the preponderance of the evidence shifts against the officer. I was unaware that he was fired, which suggests that the evidence doesn't support him. Then, what's the point of this thread? A bad cop is fired and is facing murder charges. What's post-worthy about that?

It is a thing of dig up all the dirt you can on those you hate.

the Oposter had a cop drag him from the window of his car?

I have never had any trouble with cops, never even got a moving violation in my million or so miles of driving.

why do you Automatically assume the Cops are lying every time?

From your own Link.

State police say Cook rolled up the window, catching the officer's arm inside, and then dragged him.

Why do you automatically assume they are telling the truth?
Because it's part of their job description, and great pains are taken during their training to ensure that reports are true.

why do you Automatically assume the Cops are lying every time?

From your own Link.

Because it's part of their job description, and great pains are taken during their training to ensure that reports are true.

That was funny. Cops, believe it or not, are human, Humans lie, every single one of them. They are more likely to lie when they are in trouble, like if they just shot somebody. Since the cop you are trying to defend here is actually charged in the incident we are talking about my guess is I am not the only one that is aware that people lie.

Can we all agree that in this case the media is doing an honest job in questioning the actions of persons in authority? That's what it is all about on a local level. What happened to the media's job of questioning the Attorney General's role in the murder of a Border Patrol officer? What happened to the media's responsibility to question the incredible blunder of the federal operation called Fast/Furious? How about showing some outrage about the delay of the trial of the jihad Major who killed 13 of his own men and wounded 30 three years ago in Ft. Hood Texas?

That was funny. Cops, believe it or not, are human, Humans lie, every single one of them. They are more likely to lie when they are in trouble, like if they just shot somebody. Since the cop you are trying to defend here is actually charged in the incident we are talking about my guess is I am not the only one that is aware that people lie.
My daughter trains cops. If they're in her charge you better be damn sure their life will be hell on this earth if they lie. She can sniff out a lie better than a bloodhound the scent of supper. That's why she's a trainer. When cops are trained by someone who tolerates nothing evil, and they likely will follow their training when in doubt.

I do not know what will happen to this cop. I hope he followed his training to the letter and is absolved. Follow up reports by other cops are consistent with their findings of a cop who told the truth.

In the meantime, I am sorry a family lost a family member because she somehow missed obeying a cop's orders and did something he perceived was life-threatening to him.

Last edited:
Read the links. He was fired and is now going to trial for murder. The husband has also sued him for 5.4 million.He should be found guilty and given death penalty.
There will be a trial and if found guilty, he will be punished. The civil suit will be costly to the people of Culpepper. I'm all for getting rid of the occasional bad cop, but like with everyone else, I wait for proof of guilt.
Patricia A. Cook Dies In Culpeper Police Officer Involved Shooting In VA | wusa9.com

Contempt of cop. Its an offense worthy of death obviously. I know this happened in February but its been covered a lot on the RP forums...we don't care for thugs with badges abusing their power much. I can say my door stays locked at all times when I am driving as do all the other doors in my vehicle and my window is rolled down just enough for me to speak to him and give him my papers if asked for them. I have had a pig try to drag me from my vehicle before it was locked but stupidly had window down all the way as they were harassing me. Learned my lesson that time...never again.
Sounds to me like you have good reason to be wary of law enforcement officers. You've got a fucking attitude that is likely to get your ass kicked quite often.
I got yanked out of my car by a cop once. I was 18 and I deserved it. I was a mouthy punk that thought all cops were pigs.
The difference between me and you is I grew up. I don't mouth off to police officers any more. I treat them courteously and do as I'm told. If I have a problem with their actions or judgment, I contact their superiors or go to court and plead not guilty.
About 3 years ago, I was leaving a friend's house about 1:30 in the morning. I got to the end of the block and signaled a right turn. Glancing to my left, I noticed a police car maybe 50 feet away Lights off, but it was just my side of a street lamp. Needless to say, I came to a complete stop. As soon as I made my turn, the lights on the cruiser came on and he followed me to the next intersection where he pulled me over for a stop sign violation
I didn't bitch at all but just handed him my papers and as he returned to his car, I see a female officer standing behind my car.
As I said before, The cruiser was between me and a street light, giving me a clear view of its interior. There was only one person visible in the car.
Where did the female officer come from? There was only one cruiser.
I had a couple friends on the department and I posited to one that the female's head must have been below the dash. My friend just rolled his eyes like he wasn't surprised at all.
So court date comes and my case is called. I walk up and plead "not guilty"
The cop who wrote the ticket wasn't in the court room and the Judge dismissed the case.

First of all, she was a 54-year woman sitting in her car in a church parking lot. She may not have realized she was irritating someone just by being there, but someone called the police department and reported her as "suspicious." The first policeman to arrive on the scene to ask her to move on gets his arm caught in her window when she rolls up her window and starts to leave, surprised why anyone would want someone occupying a church parking lot arrested. She may not have realized he was sticking his arm in the window as she was rolling the window up and leaving as he requested. A witness may have misinterpreted what he was seeing, and may have arrived at a time he described inaccurately, considering he could have immediately seen danger to the woman and psychosomatically sympathized with her and not the officer who may well have had to hotfoot it along to keep from going down with his arm stuck in the door.

A lot of things go wrong with a witness during a shooting. A lot of things go wrong with people who are being the object of a perceived verbal attack, and this one may have offended her overall view of cops anyway, never having seen an angry one, and she may have decided he was impersonating a cop and decided to get out of there as quickly as she could, not realizing a cop is trained to use lethal force if he is threatened by someone using a car to stop or hurt him.

Some people who are forced to behave by a cop at some time earlier in their life may have negative feelings toward all policemen. The witness may be interrogated by a psychologist to get at the truth.

All I can say is this is a huge tragedy. I would not dare to decide what the findings will be nor the fate of the cop. People tend to shut up and lawyer up. We won't know a speck of truth until the jury or panel decides whether the cop should go to trial for murder or declared innocent by reason of evidence possibly showing a clear window roll bruise to his arm that was not originally known and as evidence, cannot be disclosed in public prior to the trial.

Be slow to judge because in America, people are innocent until proved guilty.
Examination of the car window mechanism should show whether or not the window was in the full up position as the witness stated. If the window was all the way up, the officer's arm was not trapped.

Forum List

Back