Cop hate threads allowed in "Politics"; Why?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Have to ask this. I always see anti-cop, or outright cop hate, threads in the politics forum. They are always allowed to stay. I have posted many pro-cop ones. About half the time they are moved. Sometimes to "Law" and justice system forums.

Why are pro cop ones moved, anti cop ones allowed?

Hmmmm.:confused:

And to the guy who most recently keeps posting cop bashing threads........you do NOT live in a "police state". You think you do. And have been convinced by others you do. But you do not. Try life in a true police state, OR, a state where the police are TRULY evil and corrupt. I dont mean "evil and corrupt" as in they write you a speeding ticket or wont let you smoke weed. I mean that they will murder, rape and steal from you in MASS, as in the NORM, like in Brazil or Mexico or the Middle East. Or they'll literally kidnap and torture you and dispose of your body in a canyon, like in China or North Korea.

They are government employees.

In fact, they are among the most important government employees. They apply politics to real life. Without "Law Enforcement", a "Law" carries the same weight as the crayon scribbled dog and cat picture a 4 year old draws.

Which baffles me, seeing as how nationally so many people are intensely into politics, but mostly dont give a shit about how police departments are funded and run.

They care SO MUCH about the laws, but dont give two seconds worth of thought about the actual application of them in real world.

Have to ask this. I always see anti-cop, or outright cop hate, threads in the politics forum. They are always allowed to stay. I have posted many pro-cop ones. About half the time they are moved. Sometimes to "Law" and justice system forums.

Why are pro cop ones moved, anti cop ones allowed?

Hmmmm.:confused:

And to the guy who most recently keeps posting cop bashing threads........you do NOT live in a "police state". You think you do. And have been convinced by others you do. But you do not. Try life in a true police state, OR, a state where the police are TRULY evil and corrupt. I dont mean "evil and corrupt" as in they write you a speeding ticket or wont let you smoke weed. I mean that they will murder, rape and steal from you in MASS, as in the NORM, like in Brazil or Mexico or the Middle East. Or they'll literally kidnap and torture you and dispose of your body in a canyon, like in China or North Korea.

I frequently think along the same lines when I see those threads. People who write them have never been to a truly oppressive country.

I feel the same way when I see threads which bash America as an oppressive nation. Such people have NO idea.

While much of what I see happening in law enforcement and government since we collectively lost our heads on 9/11 concerns me deeply, I do have some perspective having been active duty for over 20 years, most of which was outside the US.

A cop who abuses his authority is certainly to be condemned. But the intent behind those topics is to write that cop large and stereotype all cops as thugs. It's pure and simple bigotry, based on ignorance.

Forum List

Back