cooking lobster alive?

No, it isn't. The lobster can be humanely killed right before cooking. The point of a sharp knife right through the cross on the back.
Yep they could also do it that way ...and only right before cooking

Although for lefties I recommend they kill the lobster and let it sit out for at least 2 hours ....overnight even better :p

Taste and effective

Those damned lobsters would kill us all if they could figure out a way.
7a435133c8facdab458f0f283e61fed0.jpg

Only if they can actually experience pain in the few seconds they survive boiling water.
Most varieties are known to be masochistic .
The song they sing as they happily boil is often very spirititual .
However , if you have the radio on they will mimic whatever is being played as though seeking approval .
I swear I heard one call me a bastard on one occasion because I played Elvis singing , Love me tender . .

I guess if your moral high horse is tall enough you could just choose to not eat lobsters at all since it isn't necessary. We spray cockroaches and trap mice to make them suffer because we prefer our homes to be without them, but that isn't really necessary either.

in switzerland there is a law against it
In the USA it is against the law

The Lacey Act

It is a federal crime to boil a live lobster. The Lacey Act reads it is a federal crime “to possess any fish or wildlife taken, possessed, transported, or sold in violation of any law or regulation of any State or in violation of any foreign law or Indian tribal law.”

Also, Lobsters make noise as they are dying.

Scientists have found that it can take lobsters between 35 – 45 seconds to die when plunged into a pot of boiling water — and if they are dismembered their nervous system can still function for up to an hour.

In the USA it is against the law

The Lacey Act

It is a federal crime to boil a live lobster. The Lacey Act reads it is a federal crime “to possess any fish or wildlife taken, possessed, transported, or sold in violation of any law or regulation of any State or in violation of any foreign law or Indian tribal law.”

Also, Lobsters make noise as they are dying.

Scientists have found that it can take lobsters between 35 – 45 seconds to die when plunged into a pot of boiling water — and if they are dismembered their nervous system can still function for up to an hour.

Good!

Forum List

Back