Consession Speech

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
Americans have made their position absolutely clear; they are too scared to make any form of changes at this time. I do not like this decision, but I will respect it. However, before the world announces the end of the democratic party, a few parting facts.

MY TOP FIVE BRIGHT SIDES OF THE KERRY LOSS

5. The democrat's top supporter of stem cell research is STILL AAAAArnold, you know the "Republican/closet Democrat". He successfully passed the stem cell research bill, which removes the restrictions put into place by GW's "so called" stem cell research program, which has been shot down by scientists because adult stem cells don't show potential.

As long as Arnold is governor, California will remain a democratic state. I see 55 electoral votes automatically going to a democrat for many years to come.

4. Your FEDERAL government may be all REPUBLICAN, but how's your STATE???. Although we're down by one seat in the senate, the house of representatives, as well as the governorship of Tennessee, will remain with the Democrats. If your state government is predominately democrat and you voted for Bush, you'd lost!!! No matter what Federal legislation takes place, it still has to be approved by the state.

3. Americans gave the Republicans enough rope, now watch them hang themselves. The Republicans still have a bad economy and a war to fight. This means that if the Republicans fail to improve our economy and end the war on terrorism in victory, not only will they lose in the 2008 election, they may never have control of anything for years to come. It's early, but it's safe for democrats to say "four more years"!

2. Kerry can run again, Bush can't. In conceding defeat, and calling for healing, Kerry has already threw in his hat for the 2008 election. Since Kerry's term as senator doesn't expire until 2008, he can help democratic candidates in their efforts to win congressional seats, while at the same time, prepare to run in 2008. He can literally kill two birds with one stone.

1. Who's going to run for the Republican party and beat John Kerry in 2008?

1. Dick Cheney- no, his heart's not into it..literally!
2. Bill Frist- No, he's a doctor, not a president
3. Zach Wamp...

Awww who are we kidding, a democrat will win the white house in 2008!

Despite the loss, I'm happy to report a great win. I have young relatives and employees, who will be of adult age during this administration, that say that they will not consider military service as an occupational option. In short, they refuse to fight and die for a cause they don't believe in. Those who voted for Bush, that's your decision, let your children die for it; but don't ask me to send my children to die for what they don't believe in.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
-General George S. Patton

You're too funny (stupid).

First off, I have NO problem with individual states passing stem-cell research if that is what they want. You and the other democrats seem to forget that we are a REPUBLIC and our system was designed so as to let the individual states decide what they will and will not do - for the most part. Stuff like stem-cell research, abortion, gay rights, legalization of drugs, et al should be made at the STATE level. That is how our system was designed. So you haven't taught us anything. A matter of fact, all your rhetoric did was show how IGNORANT you are.... too bad for you.

John Kerry will never have another shot at President. The fact that anyone would want him to is just sad.

Awww who are we kidding, a democrat will win the white house in 2008!

Yeah, Hitlery Clinton will be running in '08, and of course a Lib would say anyone is better than a Repub.
But not to worry, if she's the best the Dems can nominate, the republicans will be in the white house for 4 more years after this.
:bye1:

pennyville73 said:
Yeah, Hitlery Clinton will be running in '08, and of course a Lib would say anyone is better than a Repub.
But not to worry, if she's the best the Dems can nominate, the republicans will be in the white house for 4 more years after this.
:bye1:

Hillary Clinton is a joke. As far as John Kerry is concerned, who will oppose him? He can run again, Georgie porgie is a lame duck now.

I'd conceded defeat, but the republican party has but FOUR MORE YEARS to prove that they deserve to run the country.

With the Iraqi and the Afghanistan elections leading to no more than a contest to see which official gets assassinated next, I guarantee you that our troops will be in both countries when the next congressional elections come around. From there, the democrats will take back the congress.

In order for George Bush to retain a republican congress, as well as assure republican control for years to come, the following things must be accomplished. Now these objectives were based on the huge "moral values" vote that made the difference

1. Ban stem cell research
2. Ban Abortion
3. Ban Affirmative Action
4. Install a conservative Supreme Court that supports moral values
5. Win the war on Terror
6. Balance the budget
7. Lower Gas prices
8. Provide tax breaks for the middle class
9. Bring the UN back into our corner
10. Ban Gay marriages and impede gay rights
11. Dissolve some of the separation between church and state without leaning toward any one religion
12. Shrink the federal government reponsibilities without placing too much burden on the state governments too early
13. Establish some measure of peace within the middle east
14. Avoid raising taxes
15. Disarm Iraq and N. Korea of its nuclear programs without the use of force
16. Capture Osama Bin Laden
17. Stop other rogue nations from developing WMDs
18. Liberate other nations, such as Sudan, that have people crying to us for help and freedom
19. Clean up the television networks
20. Fight to deny "Most favorable trade status" to nations that are in violation of human rights laws
21. Control illegal immigration and make those who do enter legally, pay their share of taxes
22. Fix the problems within the CIA, FBI and the justice apartment, concerning terrorism and overall crime
23. Fix the problems within the voting process itself
24. Consolidate our armed forces so as to prevent spreading them out too far
25. Rotate our soldiers in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan, without any forms of very long term service or drastic recalls to service for those who's already served.
26. Unite the congress so that any of the following things can be done without being blocked
27. Rebuild his cabinet, with the possibility of binging in democrats, and still be an effective administration.
28. Establishing a Palestinian state. (This promise just in from GW)
29. Restoring all of the world's opinion of the United States, particularly within the Muslim world, to a more respectul position; this must be done without the help of Arafat, who appears to be dying.
30. Do all of the following objectives within four years.

Noticed that I'd said very little about education, domestic unemployment, goverment aid for individuals, the environment and overall health care, yet I came up with thirty items alone.

I have one piece of advice for you; work with us democrats and concede some positions. You still will need 60% of the congressional votes; that means that you will need some democrats to vote for you in order to pass anything.

You Republicans need to get cracking. It's around your World in a thousand days, and you're already 900 days behind. You'd made false promises; your bed has been made..Pleasent dreams. :sleep:

"sweet dreams baby, how long must I dream" -Patsy Cline

"Give them enough rope, they'll hang themselves."

He doesn't have to do anything with respect to stem cells. The current state of affairs is acceptable for most
2. Ban Abortion
Limiting it, and encouraging other options should be fine. Abortion will probably never be banned outright
I don't remember him every promising this. But it would be nice
He either will or won't be able to do that, based on whether or not anyone leaves.
5. Win the war on Terror
He needn't win it. He need only continue to prosecute it effectively.
7. Lower Gas prices
That is not under his control.
The tax break has been provided, now it will be made permanent.
No one cares about the UN here.
I think the State Constitutional ammendment victories are enough. The result will encourage nearly every other state to pass a similar amendment in the coming years. A Federal Constitution amendment will be uneccessary.
11. Dissolve some of the separation between church and state without leaning toward any one religion
There is no required separation.
I have no problem with force.
Would be nice. But marginalizing him is almost as effective
That's the entire world's job
18. Liberate other nations, such as Sudan, that have people crying to us for help and freedom
Again, that's the whole world's job.
State issue.
27. Rebuild his cabinet, with the possibility of binging in democrats, and still be an effective administration.
Why bring in democrats?
That's up to them, but Arafat's death could very well help.
29. Restoring all of the world's opinion of the United States,
Their opinion is their problem.

Probably won't happen, but the federal government won't fund it, which is good.

2. Ban Abortion

Not gonna happen, as much as I would like it to. However, partial birth abortion will continue to remain illegal.

I'm actually hoping for this one. It's out of control. What will probably happen to this issue (if anything) will be a severe limitation of its use. Face it, it's reverse racism. We need to get rid of it.

A very good thing. Laws without morals are practically meaningless.

5. Win the war on Terror

That's a long term goal. What I'd substitute is to stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan.

6. Balance the budget

Few politicians ever try to do this, since they know they'll be long gone before the nat'l debt has to be paid off.

7. Lower Gas prices

The president has NO power over commodities prices.

Done, with breaks for the lower and upper classes, too.

Not gonna happen. The UN will wait for us to go to their corner, but we won't, because the UN is corrupt.

The states are doing a fine job of banning gay marriage already, and if by "impede gay rights" you mean "not pander to gays and give them more weight in disputes than straight people because they're a poor, oppressed, minority" then I'm all for it. If you meant anything else, please elaborate. I don't think anybody could get away with actually impeding the rights of a minority.

Definitely. Seperation from church and state isn't even in the Constitution, and it's designed to keep religion from controlling the government, not to keep all semblance of religion away from anything resembling the government. It's also there to protect the church from the government.

12. Shrink the federal government reponsibilities without placing too much burden on the state governments too early

Definitely, but probably won't happen. The federal government is too big, but so far, no president has tried to shrink it. The best they've done is keep it from getting bigger.

13. Establish some measure of peace within the middle east

Not gonna happen, but we're sure gonna try.

14. Avoid raising taxes

Duh! He's a Republican, and they don't raise taxes.

I think you mean Iran instead of Iraq, but anyway, that would be great. I say use arms if needed, but please exhaust all other options this time.

I hope he ends up in Abu Ghraib.

A must do. We have to protect our country.

I'd love this, but we have to do it carfully, or we'll spread our troops thin.

19. Clean up the television networks

They have too much money and too many lawyers, but I'd like to try.

20. Fight to deny "Most favorable trade status" to nations that are in violation of human rights laws

Yeah, that's a travesty.

21. Control illegal immigration and make those who do enter legally, pay their share of taxes

Yes, yes, holy crap, yes. We need to stem the tide.

22. Fix the problems within the CIA, FBI and the justice apartment, concerning terrorism and overall crime

Two intel failures in a row? Yeah, we gotta do this.

That's up to the states, but imposing a few regulations would be a good thing.

24. Consolidate our armed forces so as to prevent spreading them out too far

Um, we have to have troops in all these places. The problem is not consolidation, it's raw numbers.

25. Rotate our soldiers in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan, without any forms of very long term service or drastic recalls to service for those who's already served.

We need the numbers, and they are being rotated.

26. Unite the congress so that any of the following things can be done without being blocked

Maybe the lack of Tom Daschle will help with this.

Not a bad idea, but with the current state of the Dems, I say keep it all GOP.

People have been promising a peaceful, Palestinian state for a long time, but it's not gonna happen, because Hamas won't stop until all Israelis are dead.

29. Restoring all of the world's opinion of the United States, particularly within the Muslim world, to a more respectul position; this must be done without the help of Arafat, who appears to be dying.

I don't want the help of the nations that currently hate us, and believe it or not, most countries that weren't benefiting from Saddam like us.

30. Do all of the following objectives within four years.

A daunting task.

All in all, not bad, but you need a better grasp on what he can and can't do.

Forum List

Back