Conservatives simply don't know economics

/---- We fundamentally reject it because it's untrue.

No, because you don't fucking understand it.

Tax Cuts Increase Federal Revenues
But you will fundamentally reject the facts:
In 1980, the last year before the tax cuts, tax revenues were $956 billion (in constant 1996 dollars).
evenues exceeded that 1980 level in eight of the next 10 years. Annual revenues over the next decade averaged $102 billion above their 1980 level (in constant 1996 dollars).

Ummm, only 8 of the next ten years? Shouldn't it have been 10 of 10? The economy grew every year, yet revenues didn't by your own admission. So then you can't credit revenue growth to the tax cuts, can you?

Just curious, how much did spending increase during Reagan? Why it grew by about 70%. Don't you think that had more to do with revenues than tax cuts?

Any increase in budget deficits was therefore the result of spending increases rather than tax cut-induced revenue decreases.

That is just denial there. And no accountability. No personal responsibility. Just a load of nonsense.

We know tax cuts create deficits because we saw it play out in real-time in Kansas. They just repealed their trickle-down. Take a look at the budget below. SB 30 was the repeal of the 2012 tax cuts. Notice how suddenly the deficits turn into surpluses. Square that circle with your principles:

StarkNumbers.jpg

The right has its own share of economic retardation, but the left's belief that the government can control the economy to produce better output is far worse.

So that's a straw man. The left does not believe that.

The unfunded part comes from them overestimating the rate of return on the investment fund for the pensions. They say 8.5% a year, so we only have to add X from the general fund, when they really only get 3%, and then don't change X to make up the difference.

Again, that's on a year-by-year basis and assuming the economy doesn't expand. You canont possibly know what revenues will look like years from now. You cannot possibly know what revenues will look like months from now. So how can you possibly say the benefits are unfunded when you admit you don't even know what revenues will be down the line?

And i notice you don't talk about the real issue, CUTTING FREAKING SPENDING.

Cutting spending achieves no economic gains. All it does is increase costs for consumers. For example, when Brownback cut taxes in KS, the state was plunged into a budget crisis. To solve that crisis, Brownback cut education spending. Those cuts to education spending were directly responsible for the KS State Board of Regents raising tuition costs. Raising tuition costs means students have to borrow more. Which means if/when they graduate, they are burdened with debt that delays them starting a family and/or buying a home. And when there's a cooling of the housing market, what do you think happens to the economy as a whole???? Come on man, use your head! Think things through! Abandon ideology.

asn't there another event in 2001 that may have impacted GDP?

All the losses from 9/11 were regained by November of 2001. So nice try, but you can't whine and blame 9/11 for the following 8 years of shitty growth under Bush's Trickle-down Tax Cut nonsense.

Correlation does not equal causation.....

Exactly! So you cannot say cutting taxes causes revenue to increase.

Doesn't matter? A full timer makes twice the money, RETARD!

Ummm, what? Part-time work covers everyone up to 30 hours a week. That's only ten hours less than what is conventionally known as full-time work. So what the fuck are you even talking about?

]See above. The only reason you love spending is you are a liberal. And you think we can spend our way into prosperity. Doesn't happen.

No, I like strongly funded institutions because it means I have to spend less on institutions we all utilize. When you cut taxes, you cut tax revenue, which results in spending cuts, which results in higher fees.

Conservatives never seem capable of figuring that out, either deliberately or because they're truly clueless. I notice a lot of intellectual dishonesty from you guys. This is no exception.

That's a belief system, not economics.

Nope. Wrong again. Tax cuts reduce revenues which forces the State to raise fees. KS serves as a good example; Brownback cut taxes, which cut tax revenue, which erased surpluses, which created deficits, which had to be closed by spending cuts, which resulted in cuts to education, which resulted in tuition increases, which resulted in increased borrowing, which results in debt.

It's not hard to figure out, so why are you being obtuse?

Another 'Oops' Moment? Rick Perry Quote on Supply and Demand Mocked

Energy Secretary Rick Perry has a reputation for verbal gaffes, so the internet pounced on his latest remarks.

In a visit to a coal-fired power plant in West Virginia, the former Texas governor and two-time presidential candidate appeared to misstate a fundamental economic principle.

“Here’s a little economics lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand will follow,” Perry said, according to a reporter on the scene.

What an idiot. Must be why there's an oversupply of coal in the world.

BTW - he got a "D" in "Principles of Economics" while at Texas A&M. It shows.
The thought processes of hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends of the spectrum appear to be distorted, and their ideologies generally render them inflexible and incurious.

So trying to discuss something has dense, broad and complicated as economics with many of them, is typically a waste of time. As it is with many other issues.

I don't think they are equal.

I don't often see liberals try to claim that spending doesn't contribute to deficits, yet on the right self-financing tax cuts is pretty much a given.

There is disproportionate amount of ignorance, magical thinking and dogma on the right when it comes to economics.
The Left has their own weaknesses when it comes to economics. They're just simplistic in other areas.

Either way, it's often a wasted exercise. It's my profession. I don't argue with the auto mechanic when he fixes my car, because I don't know shit about cars.

But that's not responding to what I said. Never said that there are not "weaknesses" the left, What i said what that it's much more common on the right.
Not from the perspective of an independent. What I see is more than enough arrogant ignorance on both ends.

What on the left is the equivalent of a tax-cut cult that we have on the right?

But on the right there is fundamental REJECTION that tax cuts increase deficits, rejection of sound economics.
LOL. Thanks for the Econ-101 lesson, junior. But cutting spending isn't even on your radar, which proves you're a know nothing.

You again talk out of your ass like the ass clown you are.

Not on my radar? Proves that I know nothing? WTF?

I consistently advocate for a mix of tax-raises and spending cuts to seriously address our long term fiscal problems. Economically sane, politically realistic approach that Obama by the way was pushing for in his Grand Bargain efforts.

But if I WASN'T, that still doesn't mean that there is economic concept I'm not understanding.

Last edited:
What on the left is the equivalent of a tax-cut cult that we have on the right?

Nothing. That's why they have to invent straw-men as they adhere to ideology that was devised by a guy when he was 12 years old. And I'm not even kidding about that. Grover "Is that guy still around?" Norquist devised his anti-tax beliefs when he was 12 and hasn't grown since. Talk about being in a state of arrested development!

Current Conservative economic theory was devised by a twelve year old who liked Nixon.

And I'm not even kidding about that.

Not from the perspective of an independent. What I see is more than enough arrogant ignorance on both ends..
So that's a lazy answer. It's laziness to throw up your hands and say both sides are the same when they're clearly not. A quick glance would see the fundamentals of one side are strong, and the fundamentals of the other rely on magical thinking.
I disagree.

But on the right there is fundamental REJECTION that tax cuts increase deficits, rejection of sound economics.
LOL. Thanks for the Econ-101 lesson, junior. But cutting spending isn't even on your radar, which proves you're a know nothing.

I consistently advocate for a mix of tax-raises and spending cuts to seriously address our long term fiscal problems. Sane, politically realistic approach that Obama by the way was pushing for in his Grand Bargain efforts.

But if I WASN'T, that still doesn't mean that there is economic concept I'm not understanding.
HERE'S WHAT YOU SAID, IDIOT:

"But on the right there is fundamental REJECTION that tax cuts increase deficits, rejection of sound economics."

You lied and mischaracterized what conservatives think, nothing about decreased spending.

I consistently advocate for a mix of tax-raises and spending cuts to seriously address our long term fiscal problems. Sane, politically realistic approach that Obama by the way was pushing for in his Grand Bargain efforts.

"But on the right there is fundamental REJECTION that tax cuts increase deficits, rejection of sound economics."

You lied and mischaracterized what conservatives think, nothing about decreased spending.

how does that connect to something about me supposedly not having spending cuts on my radar?

Can you concentrate for two seconds and pump out something rational please?

The only reason Conservatives want to cut spending is because they want people to suffer and go into debt. There are no other reasons. Which is why they manufacture budget deficits. They know they cannot possibly repeal spending because they lack the courage and/or support to do so through legislation. So instead, they manufacture deficits and then feign outrage at those deficits they created with their policies. Then they refuse any personal responsibility or accountability for it.

Doesn't matter? A full timer makes twice the money, RETARD!

Ummm, what? Part-time work covers everyone up to 30 hours a week. That's only ten hours less than what is conventionally known as full-time work. So what the fuck are you even talking about?
I'm talking about making more money so they don't have to draw aide but dumbfuck liberals don't get it and blame the company instead.

how does that connect to something about me supposedly not having spending cuts on my radar?

Can you concentrate for two seconds and pump out something rational please?
Supposedly? The words are right there, put it in bold for all to laugh at your dumb dishonest ass.

Forum List

Back