Conservatives are failsauce as Voters, no?

It's just my opinion that as a Voting populace, they haven't gotten a person in the highest office who actually Governs as they believe, or has a Conservative record to stand on. That's all, and I'm wondering if they feel differently from where they sit.

Shit - I'm not even actually dissing them, because the opposite party can't really call Cons. Presidents failures, exactly, when Conservatives can't even elect one.

Troll thread is trolling.

You can answer proudly if you'd like - who was the last Conservative you guys achieved to the highest office, or even to win the primary?

I have voted for a few in the primaries.

Ross Perot was a fiscal conservative and he was in the mix.

Mike Huckabee was a social conservative whom I supported.

Not really sure what your point is.

Troll thread is trolling.

You can answer proudly if you'd like - who was the last Conservative you guys achieved to the highest office, or even to win the primary?

My point is that your Voting faction is unable to get an ideal Conservative, with a Conservative record, into the highest office - and secondly a wonder if you disagree or not.

My point is that your Voting faction is unable to get an ideal Conservative, with a Conservative record, into the highest office - and secondly a wonder if you disagree or not.

Since you havent been able to define "conservative" your question is a fail.
Who was the liberal elected to the highest office? Not Obama. Everyone on the left considers him a continuation of George W Bush.
This country elects moderates, life of center, right of center. Obama ran as a moderate. His platform wasnt much different from McCain's. He has governed as more left, but only marginally so.
But look at the governors in this country and there are many more conservatives than liberals.

I believe the days of a candidate appearing to be ideologically perfect are over. Truthfully no candidate probably ever was but back then we didn't have the tools to find the dirt that candidates use against each other today.

The perfect candidate does not exist.

Who was the liberal elected to the highest office? Not Obama. Everyone on the left considers him a continuation of George W Bush.
This country elects moderates, life of center, right of center. Obama ran as a moderate. His platform wasnt much different from McCain's. He has governed as more left, but only marginally so.
But look at the governors in this country and there are many more conservatives than liberals.

I don't need to define Conservative, the question implies that it pertains to the respondee's opinion of what a Conservative is, and that's pretty obvious to anyone not trying to be a churlish son of a bee, but you're usmb's "Rabbi" so, expected.

On your point re: Moderates, yea, that's obviously the point. If most Americans are "Conservatives" as O'Reilly and others like to proclaim, then why aren't they Voting their guy up to the head office? It's a valid question. It's an if then.

I believe the days of a candidate appearing to be ideologically perfect are over. Truthfully no candidate probably ever was but back then we didn't have the tools to find the dirt that candidates use against each other today.

^ this is the exact reason why boards like these, cable television, and talk radio all feed, and feed into - a false narrative about how one side is perfect and the other is loony and dumb.....................whereas, from what I and apparently Presidential elections percieve as reality - most people have a mixed bag of views thus the Conspiracy theories of one side trying to or destroying the Country are all a farce, meanwhile big $ is actually our leader(s).

I don't need to define Conservative, the question implies that it pertains to the respondee's opinion of what a Conservative is, and that's pretty obvious to anyone not trying to be a churlish son of a bee, but you're usmb's "Rabbi" so, expected.

On your point re: Moderates, yea, that's obviously the point. If most Americans are "Conservatives" as O'Reilly and others like to proclaim, then why aren't they Voting their guy up to the head office? It's a valid question. It's an if then.

Strawman argument is strawman. You dont define conservative, let O'Reilly also not define it, accept his premise about most Americans, and then challenge that.
I tis a complete and total fail.
This thread needs to go to the Rubber Room.

Strawman argument is strawman. You dont define conservative, let O'Reilly also not define it, accept his premise about most Americans, and then challenge that.

get a life.

^ this is the exact reason why boards like these, cable television, and talk radio all feed, and feed into - a false narrative about how one side is perfect and the other is loony and dumb.....................whereas, from what I and apparently Presidential elections percieve as reality - most people have a mixed bag of views thus the Conspiracy theories of one side trying to or destroying the Country are all a farce, meanwhile big $ is actually our leader(s).

How exactly did you get any of that from my post?

get a life.

Translation: I'm a total fail.

Thanks for admitting you are a zero and a troller.

How exactly did you get any of that from my post?

I didnt get it all from your post.

get a life.

Translation: I'm a total fail.

Thanks for admitting you are a zero and a troller.

how big do you feel, doing this on a daily basis? really curious.

I don't want a president to be perfectly conservative or perfectly liberal. I want one perfectly libertarian!

Okay, I'll bite...

I doubt there has been an ideal candidate, ever.

For the last 45 years for sure, and probably the last 100+ years, we've seen very few non-RINOs running for President. Perot was a reasonable Conservative from what I remember, but he didn't get the nod obviously. Reagan talked a great Conservative game, but spent like a Progressive.

I'm afraid to find a true Conservative (ironically, what we used to call a "Liberal"), I'd have to go back to Grover Cleveland. Ever since, it's been pretty much big government Rs. Team them up with the ALWAYS big government Ds, and you see why we're $16 trillion in debt with an ungodly number of laws and regulations and the idea of individual liberty and respect for personal property pretty much in the toilet.

So, there's my honest answer. We'll see if you're trolling here or not.

Would someone who's not trolling title his/her thread "conservatives are failsauce." Nope. This forum might as well be renamed "go ahead and troll like it's 1999."

Okay, I'll bite...

For the last 45 years for sure, and probably the last 100+ years, we've seen very few non-RINOs running for President. Perot was a reasonable Conservative from what I remember, but he didn't get the nod obviously. Reagan talked a great Conservative game, but spent like a Progressive.

I'm afraid to find a true Conservative (ironically, what we used to call a "Liberal"), I'd have to go back to Grover Cleveland. Ever since, it's been pretty much big government Rs. Team them up with the ALWAYS big government Ds, and you see why we're $16 trillion in debt with an ungodly number of laws and regulations and the idea of individual liberty and respect for personal property pretty much in the toilet.

I dont even get what I could be trolling about - I already expressed my opinion right in the thread title..........................

I mean - I was looking to debate whether a Pres. or two named were actually conservative, but not trolling-to-do-so.

Would someone who's not trolling title his/her thread "conservatives are failsauce." Nope. This forum might as well be renamed "go ahead and troll like it's 1999."

I was asking for an opinion - not sure what form of trolling that is but uh, okay.

Okay, I'll bite...

I dont even get what I could be trolling about - I already expressed my opinion right in the thread title..........................

I mean - I was looking to debate whether a Pres. or two named were actually conservative, but not trolling-to-do-so.

So debate

Forum List

Back