Conservative Host Has Brilliant Solution For Poor School Kids - Call CPS

Typical republican call for more government programs then refuse to fund them
You don't know what the hell you are talking about. In fact, Republicans avoid funding wasteful programs instituted by left-wing, liberal DEMONRATS. The party of BIG government followed up by a lifelong tax and spend agenda. FJB

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. In fact, Republicans avoid funding wasteful programs instituted by left-wing, liberal DEMONRATS. The party of BIG government followed up by a lifelong tax and spend agenda. FJB

You mean like the Republicans in Florida sticking two counties with a billion dollars in debt? Or creating a group to oversee and micromanage a business?

Tell me what do you think will happen if people call CPS for on this issue?

An already barely funded system will have to be expanded and not a single republican will want to fund it.

right I read hat wrong.

But not all addicts are addicts because of poor moral fiber either.

You never try to think of why people might get addicted to drugs do you?

The fact most addicts have a history of trauma and there is little or no help for these people, another large portion are mentally ill and self medicate because again there is no help available.

My mother was an addict and she OD'd when I was 14 I found out the she was abused by her stepfather and raped multiple times but no one would believe her so she fell into the trap and cycle of abuse and it really wasn't her moral fiber that was the root she gave up hope of ever being heard and getting help.

And truth be told I was better off with her than I was in the foster system

As ever we have a huge chasm in this nation.

People who desperately need help with all sorts of problems....

And people who have a therapist so they can just talk through life. Or work "issues", or I don't even know.

And the gap between the haves and the have-nots just gets bigger and bigger

"After a far-right Republican state lawmaker claimed there are no hungry people in Minnesota because he hasn't met any, then voted against a free school lunch program, extremely conservative pundit Ben Shapiro, considered a right wing “thought leader,” weighed in, declaring Child Protective Services – not free school lunches – is the solution. school lunches are not going to solve the problem of child hunger at any serious level. Appearing to be reading a question from a supporter [about school lunch] - Shapiro said" Well, If there is a problem of children actually starving that is a child endangerment scenario to which CPS needs to be called - the truth is it does not take that much money to feed a child. I know I have three of them," he added.

Michael O’Brien, MD, a pediatrician, responded to the video of Shapiro and wrote: "The same pundits and activists targeting the LGBTQ community, drag queens, and books — in the name of ‘protecting kids’ — don’t give a damn about childhood hunger."

Now it makes sense....if a child Is having to rely on school lunch....maybe CPS needs to be called and the child removed..that is basically child abuse and if a parent has to rely on government to feed their kid, that child needs to be removed and placed in foster care. Truth of the matter is, no child in this country is hungry, therefore no child in this country needs to have a school provide them with free breakfast or lunch. I believe the Dems are trying to force these lunches on these kids; and using the GMO's in the food to turn these kids into gay CRT transgender Antifa woke mob soldiers.
Yeah, what we need is another band-aid. Let's just pile it on top of the others.

That's all we know how to do at this point.

Xlur3QP.jpg

and arresting poor parents is going to be more cost effective than a school lunch program.

If jail were an actual consequence of child abuse, parent may spend less of their money on malt liquor and more on Lunchables.

If jail were an actual consequence of child abuse, parent may spend less of their money on malt liquor and more on Lunchables.

I doubt that it would just require an expansion of the already broken foster system and republicans don't want to pay more for that either.

Is it that reprehensible to you people that a kid gets a free lunch at school?

Bring orphanages back, with oversight.

Foster families in home can and do wonderful work in some cases. In others, they are almost as neglectful and abusive as bio parents.

Orphanages mean that children with needs are in one spot so that social workers, doctors, dentists can be brought in. Case workers can be more present. Adults working in groups together bring more accountability.

Schools are already operating as day-orphanages at any rate.

I doubt that it would just require an expansion of the already broken foster system and republicans don't want to pay more for that either.

Is it that reprehensible to you people that a kid gets a free lunch at school?

A) Schools are meant to be places of education... not soup kitchens and

B) There is no such thing as a "free" lunch.

Bring orphanages back, with oversight.

Foster families in home can and do wonderful work in some cases. In others, they are almost as neglectful and abusive as bio parents.

Orphanages mean that children with needs are in one spot so that social workers, doctors, dentists can be brought in. Case workers can be more present. Adults working in groups together bring more accountability.

Schools are already operating as day-orphanages at any rate.
Republicans won't pay for those either.

Ah the wisdom of a person who has never been hungry.

yeah well, he's one of those "I'll take care of my own and the devil take the hindmost" sorts. When it comes to kids, I think of the 19th century and gangs of street children....

When I get hungry, I make something to eat.

When my children were hungry, I fed them. I didn't ask my neighbor to do it.

Spoken like a person who doesn't understand poverty and the fact that it exists in this country

When I get hungry, I make something to eat.

When my children were hungry, I fed them. I didn't ask my neighbor to do it.

Quaint idea. I understand it fundamentally.

But 20% of our kids are hungry whether you believe it or not. Spouting our ideology about it won't feed them.

I doubt that there's no payback in it for them

When the school systems collapse and working parents no longer have that "free day care", things will change. That is, if our nation makes it that far into the future (I estimate maybe five years).

I'm doubtful on that last point

Forum List

Back