"Conservative" Democrats?

You're so full of shit.

Is there really such a thing anymore? All I see from that party are nothing but whacked out Leftists and Communists.

A consequence of being a blind partisan hack.

Democrats relegated party extremists to the political backseat between 1988 and 1992, one of the reasons why they’ve won four of the last six presidential elections; something republicans will need to do to realize long-term political viability.

Democrats learned that the voters despise all forms of extremism, left or right; a lesson republicans haven’t yet learned.

No, you are a blind partisan. Until the GOP rids itself of the far right loons, they will be "also rans" in national elections.

Is there really such a thing anymore? All I see from that party are nothing but whacked out Leftists and Communists.

That's because you're blind (and a partisan/moron). In reality there are no conservatives in the once GOP; the conservative wing of the Republican Party has tossed all real conservatives under the bus (They're RINOs!!) and adopted the name but not the ideology of Goldwater or Buckley. Today's conservative is a reactionary, racist, bigot as well as a self serving greedy person and a lousy custodian of the air, water and soil.

Today those who want to save our planet from pollution and make the water, air and soil healthy for our posterity are Democrats. Democrats are the only ones who want to repair our infrastructure before we have collapse of our power, dams and levees, bridges and tunnels. Republicans don't care, and reactionaries are too dumb to care.

Last edited:
Obama is a communist.

Obama is a liberal democrat. You seem misinformed. Change your avatar, it is offensive.

These days "liberal democrat" is a euphemism meaning "communist."

I think you need to educate yourself a bit on political ideology. I tire of the phrases communist and fascist being thrown about when discussing American politics as they do not apply and merely show the users ignorance.

A 'conservative' dimocrap, huh?

Is that like a 'pious' whore?

Now here's something we can all enjoy..!!

Seeing dimocrap scum get put in Prison where they belong. If they're alive. Which.... :dunno:

How many times have I said, "the dimocrap party isn't a political party, it is a criminal enterprise'?

Bunches.

I'd start a thread for this, but it would only be moved to -- Somewhere.

Three Union Thugs Plead Guilty To Extortion After Waging Campaign Of Violence And Terror Against Non-Union Contractors…

IndianapolisUnionProtesters-548x283.jpg

In other words, union goons doing what union goons do.

Via FBI press release:

The United States Attorney’s Office announced today that three members of Local 17 of the International Union of Operating Engineers pleaded guilty before United States District Judge William M. Skretny to violations of the federal Hobbs Act Extortion statute and agreed to testify in the upcoming trial of their seven co-defendants.

Pleading guilty were:

Carl A. Larson, 50, of Boston, New York; Larson formerly worked as an organizer for Local 17

Michael Eddy, 44, of Gowanda, New York, a member of Local 17

George DeWald, 50, of Springville, New York; a member of Local 17.

Each defendant faces a sentence of up to 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000 when he is sentenced in May 2014.

In pleading guilty, each of the defendants admitted that he participated in a campaign of threats, violence, and property destruction against non-union contractors in an effort to force those contractors to enter into a collective bargaining agreement with Local 17.

Larson pled guilty to trying to force an Orchard Park contractor and its owner to sign with Local 17 by threatening the owner personally and after the contractor’s owner was stabbed by another Local 17 member. On February 5, 2003, the contractor’s owner asked Larson, “What are the positives [to signing with the union]? You guys slash my tires, stab me in the neck, try to beat me up in a bar. What are the positives to signing? There are only negatives.” Larson responded by telling the owner that “the positives are that the negatives you are complaining about would go away.”

Eddy pled guilty to being part of a campaign of violence and intimidation against a Latham, New York contractor while the contractor was removing soil contaminated with coal tar from under the Waterfront School in downtown Buffalo during the summer of 2005. Eddy admitted to being present when members of Local 17 damaged a pickup truck being driven by the contractor’s project manager as he tried to enter the worksite and then “belly bumping” the project manager when got out of his truck to investigate. During this campaign, a Local 17 organizer obtained the project manager’s home address and his wife’s name and sent his wife a letter stating, “We would like for the job to run as smoothly as your wedding day did at [your wedding venue] and as smooth as [your husband’s] nights are in the Western New York region.

DeWald pled guilty to being a part of campaign designed to force a Frankfort, New York contractor who was the low bidder on the 2003 expansion of the Chaffee Landfill in Chaffee, New York, to sign a collective bargaining agreement with Local 17. DeWald admitted that on May 7 or 8, 2002, he and several other Local 17 members went to the Chaffee Landfill under the cover of darkness, where they put sand used for sandblasting into the engines and hydraulic lines of nine separate pieces of heavy equipment causing significant delays in finishing the job and over $240,000 in damage to the equipment.

Edge:

Just a 'local story' I guess.

Right

This story exposes the true nature of Unionism in this country. Unions are criminal enterprises. They are extortion rackets.

They (union members) hate republicans and that makes them aok with me. But really, you guys had to go back how many years to find this story? 12 year old story. Oh MY GOD, how could this have happened 12 years ago. Wasn't the Bush Dept of Justice on the ball back then?

Why did it take the Obama administration to prosecute these guys? Must of been cause Obama loves him some union members. Yea, that's it.

You two are fucking idiots.

If you mean the American conservative of modern America I sure hope not. AC are the biggest whiners and do nothings of our history. The current congress is a perfect example, people who make as much as two hundred dollars an hour trying only to remove help for the needy in America, while they kowtow to K street and corporate money. Sad bunch. No nation - no positive policy for all Americans - was ever founded by conservatives, for in order to do so, you'd need to stop whining and do something.

The Regressive Antidote - If Conservatism Is The Ideology of Freedom, I'm The Queen of England

See my signature for more on the useless right.

'Pew Research Center reports that only 6 percent of scientists identified as Republican and only 9 percent identified as conservatives.'

"Type L: libertarian, technocratic, meritocratic, pro-business, anti-government, laissez faire, pro-science, positivist, secular, elitist, progress-driven, Whiggish, optimistic. “The best should have the power."

Type C: tradition-oriented, pro-status quo, nationalistic, protectionist, isolationist, xenophobic, social conservative, pro-business, pro-government (at least in regards to furthering other goals), pro-religion, cronyistic, chauvinistic. "The powerful should have the power."

If there are any characteristics that the right wing exemplifies they are the whining, the sky is falling, and martyrdom syndromes. Someone is always plotting to destroy some past utopia that only they can see. Add the Dunning-Kruger effect and you have the perfect right winger, usually a conservative, often republican, but occasionally a libertarian sort of mortal. They are real beauts, guided by the narrative of taxes are bad and government is even worse, the corporations play them like banjos, and like banjos they willingly acquiesce in their own sad mental state - circle back to the top line.

If you mean the American conservative of modern America I sure hope not. AC are the biggest whiners and do nothings of our history. The current congress is a perfect example, people who make as much as two hundred dollars an hour trying only to remove help for the needy in America, while they kowtow to K street and corporate money. Sad bunch. No nation - no positive policy for all Americans - was ever founded by conservatives, for in order to do so, you'd need to stop whining and do something.

The Regressive Antidote - If Conservatism Is The Ideology of Freedom, I'm The Queen of England

See my signature for more on the useless right.

'Pew Research Center reports that only 6 percent of scientists identified as Republican and only 9 percent identified as conservatives.'

"Type L: libertarian, technocratic, meritocratic, pro-business, anti-government, laissez faire, pro-science, positivist, secular, elitist, progress-driven, Whiggish, optimistic. “The best should have the power."

Type C: tradition-oriented, pro-status quo, nationalistic, protectionist, isolationist, xenophobic, social conservative, pro-business, pro-government (at least in regards to furthering other goals), pro-religion, cronyistic, chauvinistic. "The powerful should have the power."

If there are any characteristics that the right wing exemplifies they are the whining, the sky is falling, and martyrdom syndromes. Someone is always plotting to destroy some past utopia that only they can see. Add the Dunning-Kruger effect and you have the perfect right winger, usually a conservative, often republican, but occasionally a libertarian sort of mortal. They are real beauts, guided by the narrative of taxes are bad and government is even worse, the corporations play them like banjos, and like banjos they willingly acquiesce in their own sad mental state - circle back to the top line.

Did you have anything interesting or possibly true to contribute?

I love how liberals want to expand government, and when they get it, it now becomes the conservatives fault for all of the corporate lobbyists that take advantage of the governments expanded role. Talk about your misunderstanding of history! Conservatives advocated for limited government, that is to say, Congress should only have the express authority it is given in Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution. FDR fought and succeeded in expanding federal power by changing the meaning of the words "general welfare." Of course, he opened up the Pandora's box of welfare when he did so and now both corporate welfare and specific individual welfare has led to a lobbyist and undue corporate influence explosion! Add the New Deal to the Great Society and Obamacare and you have a political environment rife for bribery, cronyism, corporatism, and undue influence. AND YOU BLAME CONSERVTIVES?

I love how liberals want to expand government, and when they get it, it now becomes the conservatives fault for all of the corporate lobbyists that take advantage of the governments expanded role. Talk about your misunderstanding of history! Conservatives advocated for limited government, that is to say, Congress should only have the express authority it is given in Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution. FDR fought and succeeded in expanding federal power by changing the meaning of the words "general welfare." Of course, he opened up the Pandora's box of welfare when he did so and now both corporate welfare and specific individual welfare has led to a lobbyist and undue corporate influence explosion! Add the New Deal to the Great Society and Obamacare and you have a political environment rife for bribery, cronyism, corporatism, and undue influence. AND YOU BLAME CONSERVTIVES?

Liberals are against ownership of anything even of their own failed ideas

Forum List

Back