Consequences of a Shrinking Global Population

Seriously though, why would anyone want kids? ESPECIALLY women?

Millennials don't want kids. Good thing too, since we can't afford them. The rest of society is just gonna have to deal with that.

Ain't gonna be nobody there to take care of your ass when you get old, dipshit.

That's not the way the world was designed to work, not at all.
So your proposal is infinite expansion of the population?

Did not God say: "Be fruitful, and multiply"? Why yes, I believe he did.
I'm an atheist, so that kind of "logic" just makes me laugh. It's hard to believe that anyone would seriously argue that the population should increase until it reaches infinity.
Should or should not is irrelevant. I do not think that the thread is about weather or not it should but that our current economic system is built around continuous population growth and that growth is curving down. As you pointed out this seems to only effect some populations though so I think we are running into a societal wall here in the west rather than a resource wall.

It is also a fundamental reality of life in general, let alone people, that life attempts to expand indefinitely as often as possible. In the past people have hit that equilibrium where limited resources stabilize the death and birth rates until something changes (like advancements in agriculture that relax those constraints).

We will eventually leave this little rock and continue to expand again after we hit that equilibrium as we have in the past when new resources are uncovered.
By "our economic system" you mean Social Security and Medicare. Yes, those are built around continuous population growth. That's because they are Ponzi scheme. What you're saying is that we have to increase our population to infinity because we got snookered into a Ponzi scheme. I think we need to find a better solution.

I love all you assholes who grew up with one or two brothers and sisters ....

Do you love being an asshole who makes blind guesses about other people's families?
You mean like you and Marion Morrison are doing? All this stuff about "love and support" are just blind guesses, aren't they? Furthermore, you're making blind guesses about my family, and that's against the rules.

No, not guesses.

I haven't said a damn thing about your family, douche. That's your game.

Millennials don't want kids. Good thing too, since we can't afford them. The rest of society is just gonna have to deal with that.

Really? It used to be that men were expected to become men and behave like men as soon as possible. Then it became kind of self deprecating for adult men to occasionally act in a boyish fashion, to show a lighthearted side. OK, fine, no harm. This eventually developed into adult men almost constantly behaving like children. Now we have supposedly male people openly and shamelessly committed to remaining infants for their entire empty unproductive lives. Maybe all those generations in the past had it right in the first place.
I’m very productive. ......

Does your boat have your last name, or the name of the housekeeper you abuse yourself over? Or...?
If it’s good enough for Arnold Schwarzenegger is good enough for me

Seriously though, why would anyone want kids?.....

Because we are human beings, and there is nothing better or more important in life.
That’s a lie. ......

Real adult human beings know it is true. The bitter, misanthropes, and closet-cases like yourself sometimes try and fail to hide the obvious behind a vengeful disdain for human life. One reason why so many democrats like you worship abortion instead of loving life.
You are correct. I don’t believe in god, human life is not that precious, we are overpopulated, quality over quantity of life,

I don’t distain human life. Is it disdain? Thanks professor.

I just wish the poor had half the kids they have now. The country would be better off if every woman on foodstamps with 2 kids only had 1 kid. That’s a fact no one denies. Everyone wishes she was smarter and didn’t make the same mistake twice.

Ain't gonna be nobody there to take care of your ass when you get old, dipshit.

That's not the way the world was designed to work, not at all.
I have two amazing nephews. They’ll be there for me as much as any son would.

:lmao: Oh yeah, of course they will... :lmao:

Hey, at least your boat loves you...
Who do you think is going to take care of you? And how? What is it you will require? I’ve been really good to them. All I need is their love and I already have it.

Oh, and I don’t need anyone to take care of me because I take care of myself. What I can’t do my Belarusian does

Among these are allowing (if not recruiting) immigrants, particularly those with skills or who are willing to provide services in demand.

The World Can't Afford to Cheat Care Workers

What about the fact that automation will increasingly make it less likely to need cheap labor, then what?

Just admit it you love immigrants, and hate White people.

There's countries doing rather well with few immigrants, and low birth-rates, like Finland, or Japan.

Oh, it's so bad, except Finland commonly tops the charts as the best, of the best in Europe, and even quite often the World.

Finland sits on a good pile of natural resources relative to their population which provides a nice cushion for their society. Sometimes you get lucky. Japan's economy has been stagnant since the start of the century and is light years away from the booming economy it had back in the 80s when people were still writing books about how Japan was going to take over the world. There are even some population models which show Japan ceasing to exist as a country in 200 years. Current trends suggest Japan's population will be half of what it is now within 80 years. Its a bit risky to bet that somehow technology is going to save the day.

Because we are human beings, and there is nothing better or more important in life.
That’s a lie. ......

Real adult human beings know it is true. The bitter, misanthropes, and closet-cases like yourself sometimes try and fail to hide the obvious behind a vengeful disdain for human life. One reason why so many democrats like you worship abortion instead of loving life.
You are correct. I don’t believe in god, human life is not that precious, we are overpopulated, quality over quantity of life,

I just wish the poor had half the kids they have now. The country would be better off if every woman on foodstamps with 2 kids only had 1 kid. That’s a fact no one denies. Everyone wishes she was smarter and didn’t make the same mistake twice.

Not if your in the United States. Future prosperity in the United States is heavily dependent on raising the birth rate or increasing immigration. Overall, in the United States given its economy, wealth and first world position, increased population is a bonus and will prevent the population problems other advanced societies are going through or will go through in the future.

Do you love being an asshole who makes blind guesses about other people's families?
You mean like you and Marion Morrison are doing? All this stuff about "love and support" are just blind guesses, aren't they? Furthermore, you're making blind guesses about my family, and that's against the rules.

No, not guesses.

Sure you have. Plus you've been attacking me personally. Marion Morrison has certainly made aspersions about my family.

That’s a lie. ......

Not if your in the United States. Future prosperity in the United States is heavily dependent on raising the birth rate or increasing immigration. Overall, in the United States given its economy, wealth and first world position, increased population is a bonus and will prevent the population problems other advanced societies are going through or will go through in the future.
Having twice as many people at the beach or on our highways as we have now is not a benefit of any kind. My personal wealth doesn't increase because a lot of low wage labor crosses the border illegally.

No, not guesses.

Sure you have. ....

Quote it, or shut your lying mouth.

At this point, there’s pretty much no avoiding the shrinking, aging future. The question is what to do about it.

That’s a lie. ......

You are correct. I don’t believe in god, human life is not that precious....

...typical democrat

That’s a lie. ......

Having twice as many people at the beach or on our highways as we have now is not a benefit of any kind. My personal wealth doesn't increase because a lot of low wage labor crosses the border illegally.

Tell that to business's at the beach. They would love to have twice as many people at the beach! The car, oil, and gas business's would love to put more people on the highways. Huge profits for them, and lots of taxes headed to the federal government to pay for defense and balance the budget. As for low wage labor crossing the border, there are thousands of business's that need that labor NOW! There are labor shortages all over the country as business's try to keep up with the growing economy. They need that extra labor to expand their business and reach higher profits.

Just think about it. Which states out of the 50 in the United States are doing the best. The ones with stagnant or falling populations or the ones with rising populations?

At this point, there’s pretty much no avoiding the shrinking, aging future. The question is what to do about it.

Relaxing immigration regulations and providing more support for families is the solution. The United States population is still rising at a good rate and could reach 400 million by 2040 which is far better than Europe and Japan where many countries will see populations decrease or remain stagnant.

That’s a lie. ......

Tell that to business's at the beach. They would love to have twice as many people at the beach! The car, oil, and gas business's would love to put more people on the highways. Huge profits for them, and lots of taxes headed to the federal government to pay for defense and balance the budget. As for low wage labor crossing the border, there are thousands of business's that need that labor NOW! There are labor shortages all over the country as business's try to keep up with the growing economy. They need that extra labor to expand their business and reach higher profits.

Just think about it. Which states out of the 50 in the United States are doing the best. The ones with stagnant or falling populations or the ones with rising populations?
Business wants more and more. We the people should be smarter than that. We have finite resources

Relaxing immigration regulations and providing more support for families is the solution. The United States population is still rising at a good rate and could reach 400 million by 2040 which is far better than Europe and Japan where many countries will see populations decrease or remain stagnant.
I told people trump can’t have the growth he says he wants without more immigrants.

So all the poor white republicans still excited about running illegals out, soon are going to realize republicans will eventually start increasing legal immigration from Mexico and Honduras and all the other shitholes because those are the only people who want to come here

We’re going to have to make parenting more affordable.

When my dad was 18 he took a 30 year job at ford so he had two kids. I’ve never worked anywhere more than 6 years. That’s the way things are now. Look it up. People don’t have job security anymore so don’t expect them to want to pop out more than 2 kids if they’ll even have that many.

And I’m sorry but our birth rates have dropped. I think you’re mistakin

That’s a lie. ......

What beach vendors want shouldn't be the driving factor for government policy.

"Labor shortage" is a euphemism meaning corporations don't want to pay the market rate for wages. Hiring more people is one way to expand a business. Automating your production is another way. However, if the population isn't expanding, then why do businesses need to expand?

...... Not all large families have lots of love and support and companionship. That all has to be shared among more siblings as well......

Leave it to someone with no understanding of all that is good in humanity to miss the fact that real love doesn't divide but rather multiplies.
Please spare us the idiotic pap. "Real love" can't pay for orthodontia. It takes money.
7 billion people on earth. prophecy says 1/3 of the people will be wiped out. New Testament prophecy book of revelations. Maybe unkotare isn’t worried because he already knows what’s going to happen?

Forum List

Back