Consequences of a Shrinking Global Population

At this point, there’s pretty much no avoiding the shrinking, aging future. The question is what to do about it.
What advice would you give the poor students in your class? Go to college. 4 years and $40,000 debt. Get a good job at 22 and live with your parents paying off your debt and saving for a home. Buy home at 30 and then then find wife. Pay for wedding and have 2 kids before 40.

How much has this person saved for retirement? Zero at age 40. And with cuts to social security and Medicare you don’t see Americans have taken a huge step back? You wonder why we’re having less kids or no kids at all?

Seriously though, why would anyone want kids?.....

Because we are human beings, and there is nothing better or more important in life.
I can think of a lot of things better than having kids

You want to because you have to.

No I didn't want kids because there's a lot more in my life I want to do than raise kids.....

Yeah, right.

Just because you can't get past your get married have kids programming doesn't mean everyone is a drone like you

Because we are human beings, and there is nothing better or more important in life.

No I didn't want kids because there's a lot more in my life I want to do than raise kids.....

Yeah, right.

Just because you can't get past your get married have kids programming doesn't mean everyone is a drone like you

Your pain is palpable.

Yeah, right.

Your pain is palpable.
And you seem like the least happy person on USMB.

Yeah, right.

Your pain is palpable.
Yeah I sleep great and do whatever I want whenever I want

You really can't understand that people don't have to have kids can you?

Yeah, right.

Your pain is palpable.
And you seem like the least happy person on USMB.

Really, Gillian?

Don’t you have some overcompensating to do?

Yeah, right.

Your pain is palpable.

“Have to”? Did someone tell you that you had to?

Yeah, right.

Your pain is palpable.

Did someone tell you that his pain is palpable? Or did you just make that up as a sort of defense mechanism because you were losing the argument?

He said I didn't want kids because there's a lot more in my life I want to do than raise kids.

Why did you say "yea right"? And then tell him he's in pain? Are you a total fucking asshole or what? Hard to have a conversation with such a kuntbag.

Yeah, right.

Your pain is palpable.

Did someone tell you that his pain is palpable? ....

You have no idea what the word “palpable” means, do you?

:lol:

No I didn't want kids because there's a lot more in my life I want to do than raise kids

Besides the go to school, get married, have kids drones like you are a dime a dozen

I have zero desire to raise kids although I know if I had one i'd be a great dad and get a lot of joy out of it. But, it's just not on my bucket list. Too expensive and time consuming. If I had the job I have now when I was in my 20's I may have wanted to have a kid then but even then it wasn't something I cared about. I was so relieved when my brother popped out 2 boys to carry on the Sealybobo name. Then I told my parents to leave me alone. You have 2 grandkids and anymore wishing would be just selfish of them. Enjoy what you have. Be grateful you have two grandsons don't wish for a 3rd.

Yeah, right.

Your pain is palpable.

Didn't you say it's the most important thing a person can do? Gosh what would we do if you never had kids.

So she is doing the most imporant thing a person can do?

Yeah, right.

Your pain is palpable.

Didn't you say it's the most important thing a person can do? ...

Yes, I did.

No I didn't want kids because there's a lot more in my life I want to do than raise kids

Besides the go to school, get married, have kids drones like you are a dime a dozen

I have zero desire to raise kids although I know if I had one i'd be a great dad ....

How do you know that?

I have zero desire to raise kids although I know if I had one i'd be a great dad ....

How do you know that?
The way I am with other kids and everyone tells me I would be great. I ran a music school for 3 years. Do you know how many parents asked why I didn't have my own kids? All of them. Just because I'm good to other people's kids doesn't mean I want my own.

And you are right. I could be a good uncle and a lousy parent. My kid could grow up to be a heroin addict.

Your pain is palpable.

Yes, I did.
Then why would you deny people with their children to come into this country? And why would you separate those children from their parents the way Trump is doing?

George Takei: Family Separation 'Worse' Than Japanese Internment

Your pain is palpable.

Yes, I did.
Then why would you deny people with their children to come into this country? .....

Many thousands of people come to this country every year.

Yes, I did.
Then why would you deny people with their children to come into this country? .....

Yea but why would you separate those children from their parents the way Trump is doing?

George Takei: Family Separation 'Worse' Than Japanese Internment

If the parents are bringing their kids to the USA for a better life, and there is no more important job than to raise a child, how can you deny them their key mission in life?

They Are (Still) Refugees: People Continue to Flee Violence in Latin American Countries - Center for American Progress

Yes, I did.

Are you against asylum seekers?

families who traveled thousands of miles to seek asylum in the United States. The Trump administration is mischaracterizing the caravan as evidence of an out-of-control border crisis requiring a multifaceted and aggressive response—even though federal law enforcement apprehensions at the southern border in fiscal year 2017 remain at a near 46-year low since fiscal year 1972.2 The administration is using the caravan to justify several decisions, including sending thousands of National Guard troops to the border and making draconian changes to policies relating to asylum and criminal prosecutions. These changes are designed to expedite the path to deportation by circumscribing an individual’s right to seek asylum.

In May 2018, the administration announced a “zero-tolerance policy” to prosecute anyone crossing the border, including those who may seek asylum.4 One predictable result of this new policy is that families apprehended at the border are being separated, with parents being referred by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for prosecution and children being sent to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Refugee Resettlement. Recent testimonies by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials suggest that during a 13-day span in May, DHS may have separated 658 children from parents.

They are fleeing because their home countries continue to be plagued with violence—much of it gang-related—as well as economic and political instability. Among those fleeing, many are women; children who may be unaccompanied or traveling with a parent; and LGBTQ people.7 Turning these individuals and families back or actively deporting them to their home countries—sometimes after first criminally prosecuting them and sentencing them to time in U.S. federal prison—may mean returning them to places where they may face persecution, displacement, and, in some cases, even death.

But what do you care? You only care about American people right?

Women and children, especially girls, as well as LGBTQ people continue to face high levels of severe and persistent danger from gender-based violence in the Northern Triangle countries. According to data released by the Small Arms Survey, El Salvador and Honduras were among the 10 countries not currently involved in armed conflict with the highest rates of femicide—the murder of women—in 2016.14 While the 2017 statistics show a slight decrease in that rate for both countries, the number of female homicides is still very high. For example, El Salvador reported 469 femicides in 2017—down from 524 in 2016—but this means that on average, more than nine women and/or girls were killed every week in 2017.16 Women and children in the Northern Triangle region also face brutal physical and sexual violence at the hands of gang members and other individuals. Additionally, LGBTQ people are also vulnerable to similar abuses and threats in these countries.18 Often, survivors do not have any avenues to pursue justice, because there is a high level of impunity and lack of protections in these countries.19 Stories shared by women, children, and LGBTQ people traveling in the caravan cited sexual abuse, severe stress and fear, domestic violence, and rape as reasons for fleeing their countries.20 These include Nelda, a teenager who left Honduras with her mother and little sister to escape her sexually abusive uncle, a man with gang ties. He threatened to kill them if they did not withdraw their police report against him.

Sorry Nelda but zero tolerance.

The American population is growing at a rate of 2m people per year without immigration.

we need to have a 10-year moratorium on immigration. Zero it out for 10 years.

Forum List

Back