Congressman King’s new McCarthyism

MuslimAgorist

Mar 13, 2010
8c3afbeedad3fe3d472693b12617ccfc.jpg
In today’s Newsday OpEd New York Rep. Peter King announced his election by the House Republican Conference to chair the Homeland Security Committee, and his intention to hold hearings on “the radicalization of American Muslim community and homegrown terrorism.” Of course, King’s reputation for anti-Muslim rhetoric has many Muslims concerned that King’s inquiry will be more like this century’s version of the Red Scare era House UnAmerican Activities Committee hearings.

King writes, “Federal and local law enforcement officials throughout the country told me they received little or - in most cases - no cooperation from Muslims.” Yet, a recent study from the Muslim Public Affairs Council says almost forty percent of al-Qaida-related terror plots since September 11, 2001 were thwarted with the help of the Muslim community.

Read More

In today’s Newsday OpEd New York Rep. Peter King announced his election by the House Republican Conference to chair the Homeland Security Committee, and his intention to hold hearings on “the radicalization of American Muslim community and homegrown terrorism.” Of course, King’s reputation for anti-Muslim rhetoric has many Muslims concerned that King’s inquiry will be more like this century’s version of the Red Scare era House UnAmerican Activities Committee hearings.

King writes, “Federal and local law enforcement officials throughout the country told me they received little or - in most cases - no cooperation from Muslims.” Yet, a recent study from the Muslim Public Affairs Council says almost forty percent of al-Qaida-related terror plots since September 11, 2001 were thwarted with the help of the Muslim community.

Read More

Peter King is a complete and utter ass....a conservative blowhard who's a holdover from the corrupt political system of Suffolk County on Long Island, New York. Small wonder that the neocon driven GOP will elevate him to this post, as they need to keep their narrative going to maintain the legend of the Shrub era being right on all accounts.

Even if he gets re-elected, I doubt Obama will have the cojones to desolve the essentially redundant and money wasting Homeland Security and re-install the successful Clinton program....who accomplished the same (if not better) results with nothing more than simple weekly meetings and subsequent coordination.

What's the problem exactly? They should stick to investigating baseball and Toyota? Or you don't think we have worries about radical muslims on American soil?

Read More

Peter King is a complete and utter ass....a conservative blowhard who's a holdover from the corrupt political system of Suffolk County on Long Island, New York. Small wonder that the neocon driven GOP will elevate him to this post, as they need to keep their narrative going to maintain the legend of the Shrub era being right on all accounts.

Even if he gets re-elected, I doubt Obama will have the cojones to desolve the essentially redundant and money wasting Homeland Security and re-install the successful Clinton program....who accomplished the same (if not better) results with nothing more than simple weekly meetings and subsequent coordination.

Clinton created numerous barriers to interagency communication. He actively pitted one against the other and his legacy is 9/11.

Read More

Clinton created numerous barriers to interagency communication. He actively pitted one against the other and his legacy is 9/11.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Richard Clarke set the record straight on that one regarding how Clinton stopped the inter-agency bullshit with simple weekly meetings and one rule...."Everyone better have something to tell me or heads will roll". And for 7 years, NO terrorist plots were completed, several were stopped.

Then the Shrub comes in an literally throws out/ignores all things Clinton.....and 9-11 happens. So now we've got a bloated bureaucracy that essentially wastes money, has NOT reached all it's security goals (according to the GAO) that replaces the more effective Clinton policy. 'Nuff said.

What's wrong with calling Muslim extremists "Muslim extremists?"
Sure you can use it.

But no one knows exactly what the term "Muslim extremists" means. :doubt:

I agree. The name is Islamic terrorism.

Islamic terrorism is a disputed term for acts of terrorism committed by Muslims for the purpose of achieving varying political ends. For example, Osama bin Laden's stated goal of ending American military presence in the Middle East and the Arabian Peninsula,[1][2] overthrowing Arab regimes he considers corrupt and insufficiently religious,[1][2] and ending American support for Israel.[3]

Some observers have argued that this form of terrorism is also aimed at propagating Islamic culture, society and values in opposition to perceived political, imperialistic, and/or cultural influences of non-Muslims, and the Western world in particular.[4][5]

There are also historical dimensions to the phenomenon, and the history of Western influence and control after the fall of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, is a commonly stated reason used within some terrorist groups to justify and explain its use of violence as resistive and retributive against western influences.

Read More

Propaganda - which isn't fooling most of us, bub.

Sure you can use it.

But no one knows exactly what the term "Muslim extremists" means. :doubt:

I agree. The name is Islamic terrorism.

Islamic terrorism is a disputed term for acts of terrorism committed by Muslims for the purpose of achieving varying political ends. For example, Osama bin Laden's stated goal of ending American military presence in the Middle East and the Arabian Peninsula,[1][2] overthrowing Arab regimes he considers corrupt and insufficiently religious,[1][2] and ending American support for Israel.[3]

Some observers have argued that this form of terrorism is also aimed at propagating Islamic culture, society and values in opposition to perceived political, imperialistic, and/or cultural influences of non-Muslims, and the Western world in particular.[4][5]

There are also historical dimensions to the phenomenon, and the history of Western influence and control after the fall of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, is a commonly stated reason used within some terrorist groups to justify and explain its use of violence as resistive and retributive against western influences.

OK, I'm down for that.

Civil liberties don't mean shit in ClintObamaBushland.
Double Plus Good

What's the problem exactly? They should stick to investigating baseball and Toyota? Or you don't think we have worries about radical muslims on American soil?
I personally wish they would all pack up, go home and find work in the productive sector. In principle I have no problem with an national discussion on the root causes of terrorism or radicalization, but I seriously doubt that Peter King is the guy to approach it honestly.

The problem is that an incorrect answer to the question is worse than no answer at all, because if your policies are based upon a false premise you not only fail to solve the problem you started with, but in all likelihood further exacerbate the problem through wrong action.

King's clearly a patriot, just like McCarthy was.

Glad someone's awake, and lookin out for US by tackling this issue head on.:clap2:

WAKE THE HELL UP, MAN!

History has made it's judgement on McCarthy...who was nothing more than an opportunistic, dishonest power junkie who got his just desserts.

If King is not careful, he'll end up the same way.....and I hope he does before doing more damage to the country.

As long as you're referring to KNOWN Muslim extremists and NOT trying to fabricate a "guilt by association" or insinuation of muslims in general.

King is just blowing smoke out his fat, flabby ass.....as the article I sourced demonstrates.

As long as you're referring to KNOWN Muslim extremists and NOT trying to fabricate a "guilt by association" or insinuation of muslims in general.

King is just blowing smoke out his fat, flabby ass.....as the article I sourced demonstrates.

The "threats" Holder is talking about aren't Muslim?

Even if he does not use the word.

Forum List

Back