Congressman: ‘I Would Vote To Repeal The Minimum Wage’

When you raise the Minimum Wage to, say, $8.50/hr, all you're really doing is eliminating all the jobs whose labor doesn't bring in $8.50/hr or more income into the business.

Actually, you're eliminating the jobs that won't bring in ($8.50/hr plus the overhead, accounting etc. expenses) income into the business. So you're really eliminating the jobs who don't bring in $11/hr, $12/hr, or whatever the total is.

Why should an employer hire someone, if hiring him will cause a net loss to the business?

Is there still somebody here who's pretending the employer has some responsibility to the guy's family, car upkeep etc. beyond his wages?

Employers used to pay employees enough wages where they didn't need to worry about family and car upkeep.

When?

When I got my first job, in 1969, I didn't get enough money to support a family, or even a car. Nor did I expect to... because what I was doing was simple enough that anyone could have done it.

Are you saying that, at some point, employers paid enough to support a family and car, to someone scooping ice cream at Baskin Robbins? Or flipping burgers at Mac's, or serving chicken at KFC? Or that at any time, employers took in enough income from hiring someone for those jobs, to turn around and pay him enough to support his family and car?

You are wrong. And, clearly, you haven't even done any checking before announcing your ludicrous lie. What did you hope to accomplish by trying to pretend things that obviously aren't true?

Is there anyone else who would like to discuss the effects (seriously this time) of raising the Minimum Wage beyond the point where an employer can take in enough from that person's labor, to pay for hiring him in the first place?

I'm telling you all, the key is to force customers to pay higher prices for goods and services. Then businesses will be able to pay their workers more.

I mean, that's more or less the solution we came up with for health insurance, right?

Well, that and forcing people to buy a product.
I'm sure the auto companies would love it if the government forced everybody to buy a car.

The far right live in that voodoo economics of reagan for the past 30+ yrs. Hell that trickle down has done great.
One of them should check the stocks and the CEO's pay and equate that with hourly wages or others working for a living.
Simpletons they are.

When you raise the Minimum Wage to, say, $8.50/hr, all you're really doing is eliminating all the jobs whose labor doesn't bring in $8.50/hr or more income into the business.

Actually, you're eliminating the jobs that won't bring in ($8.50/hr plus the overhead, accounting etc. expenses) income into the business. So you're really eliminating the jobs who don't bring in $11/hr, $12/hr, or whatever the total is.

Why should an employer hire someone, if hiring him will cause a net loss to the business?

Is there still somebody here who's pretending the employer has some responsibility to the guy's family, car upkeep etc. beyond his wages?

Employers used to pay employees enough wages where they didn't need to worry about family and car upkeep.

When?

When I got my first job, in 1969, I didn't get enough money to support a family, or even a car. Nor did I expect to... because what I was doing was simple enough that anyone could have done it.

Are you saying that, at some point, employers paid enough to support a family and car, to someone scooping ice cream at Baskin Robbins? Or flipping burgers at Mac's, or serving chicken at KFC? Or that at any time, employers took in enough income from hiring someone for those jobs, to turn around and pay him enough to support his family and car?

You are wrong. And, clearly, you haven't even done any checking before announcing your ludicrous lie. What did you hope to accomplish by trying to pretend things that obviously aren't true?

Is there anyone else who would like to discuss the effects (seriously this time) of raising the Minimum Wage beyond the point where an employer can take in enough from that person's labor, to pay for hiring him in the first place?

Looks like none of the board leftists want to touch these questions with a ten-foot pole.

Maybe their faith in their far-left agenda isn't as firm as we've been led to believe?

(Who can blame them, really? :D )

Last edited:
The far right live in that voodoo economics of reagan for the past 30+ yrs. Hell that trickle down has done great.
One of them should check the stocks and the CEO's pay and equate that with hourly wages or others working for a living.
Simpletons they are.

Yes, we need 70% top rates again, that'll fix the economy. Simpleton.

When?

Looks like none of the board leftists want to touch these questions with a ten-foot pole.

Maybe their faith in the left's agenda isn't as firm as we've been led to believe?

Since we are marching down memory lane....

I got my first job in 1972 at $2.10 an hour. I was able to pay my college tuition just working Summers. If you were not college material, you could buy a brand new car working a year at minimum wage.

You cannot do that on today's minimum wage

When?

Maybe their faith in the left's agenda isn't as firm as we've been led to believe?

Since we are marching down memory lane....

I got my first job in 1972 at $2.10 an hour. I was able to pay my college tuition just working Summers. If you were not college material, you could buy a brand new car working a year at minimum wage.

You cannot do that on today's minimum wage

2080 hours at $7.25 is $15,080.

New Hyundai Accent, starting $14,645.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/accent/?k_clickid=4f270a03-ccbe-7b69-bb13-000077a08e67&cid=sem_google

My, my.

The board leftists have become remarkably quiet, haven't they? Once the question was presented about the actual effects of their min-wage hikes?

Forum List

Back