Congress votes to end gender id/gay job discrimination

All you homophobic anti-Americans need to just relax. Take a few slow deep breaths.

Your fellow homophobic, anti-American Rs and t-potties in the House won't pass this because they don't believe in the Constitutional guarantee of equality of all Americans any more than you do.

:lol:
when you start calling for equality for those aborted we'll care about the rest of your high and mighty bs

now go beat your chest and sling more poo

oh brother, they already HAD PROTECTION
just another useless frikken law
partisan hack

Federally:
No they don't, LGBT is not covered under current federal employment non-discrimination laws.

Federally:
Of 50 States, 60% provide no employment protection to LGBT under law. (LINK)

>>>>

>

BTW - I support the repeal of non-discrimination (Employment and Public Accommodation) laws as applied to private business.

>>>>

Why are rw's so afraid of their own Constitution?

Why are they afraid of equality for all Americans?

Equality of perversion. That's a new one.

Businesses will just become more careful in vetting potential employees such as only hiring those that are known to someone else. Someone who is trustworthy. Getting a job will depend more on who you know than what you can do. Employers already use social media extensively. The employer will go through facebook, twitter, and find out all about a candidate before they even get in for an interview. After all, even a gay person cannot say they were denied a job if they never even were interviewed for the job.

millions of people losing their insurance coverage because of Democrats...

but homosexuals a small percent is this country is damn way more important folks

just accept it...or they will use government to FORCE it on you like they did OfailCare

All you homophobic anti-Americans need to just relax. Take a few slow deep breaths.

Your fellow homophobic, anti-American Rs and t-potties in the House won't pass this because they don't believe in the Constitutional guarantee of equality for all Americans any more than you do.

The Constitution is a limiting document on government, it does not require equal treatment by private individuals acting in a private capacity. It requires equal treatment of all citizens by government entities.

>>>>

Your fellow homophobic, anti-American Rs and t-potties in the House won't pass this because they don't believe in the Constitutional guarantee of equality for all Americans any more than you do.

The Constitution is a limiting document on government, it does not require equal treatment by private individuals acting in a private capacity. It requires equal treatment of all citizens by government entities.

>>>>
That's the argument offered up by bigots in the old South when it was decided that all Americans, no matter their race were to receive equal accommodations in a public business. If you are open to the public, it was decided and rightfully so, you must BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC regardless of the make up of that public.

If you ran Greyhound bus lines for instance, you could not legally force Black passengers to the back of the bus. If you ran a lunch counter, you could not legally refuse service to Black customers merely because they were Black. If you refuse to hire someone based on his or her sexual orientation, your actions should have no legal cover either.

Conservatives are fond of saying "Freedom isn't free". In this matter, we see that the cost of freedom for all Americans is overcoming the bigotry and hatred Conservatives harbor toward their fellow Americans.

This is nothing new. Conservatives have ALWAYS provided the obstacles to freedom here in America. Civil Rights for Blacks, women and other minorities would be a given had it not been for the resistance of Conservatives. And yet the Conservatives claim to 'love America'. I makes one wonder what about America they love so much.

Last edited:
Boehner says freedom from discrimination will cost businesses too much. At the very least, he hides his fear of freedom. The stock Conservative bigot does not disguise their ignorance as we'll.

Why on earth would anyone claiming to love America oppose this bill?

Because it's anti-freedom, that's why. You will, of course, claim that it's promoting freedom by protecting homosexuals in the workplace, but it actually takes away the freedom of the employer to employ whom he wants at will. These kinds of laws are an overreach by the federal government.

Boehner says freedom from discrimination will cost businesses too much. At the very least, he hides his fear of freedom. The stock Conservative bigot does not disguise their ignorance as we'll.

Because it's anti-freedom, that's why. You will, of course, claim that it's promoting freedom by protecting homosexuals in the workplace, but it actually takes away the freedom of the employer to employ whom he wants at will. These kinds of laws are an overreach by the federal government.

This is just my humble opinion of course...

But I think one of the real reasons to oppose ENDA is because if codifies in Federal law sex-orientation as a "protected class" and such a designation will ultimately be argued in Civil Marriage cases.

>>>>

LOL, now I am anti-American for opposing this bill?

You are either with the homosexuals or against us! LOL, sounds familiar, who else said something like that?

Your fellow homophobic, anti-American Rs and t-potties in the House won't pass this because they don't believe in the Constitutional guarantee of equality of all Americans any more than you do.

:lol:
when you start calling for equality for those aborted we'll care about the rest of your high and mighty bs

now go beat your chest and sling more poo
What about aborting gay fetuses, could they support that?

If a person is qualified, reliable and performs the assigned duties well, should the employer have the freedom to fire that person because they happen to be gay? The freedom you're defending is the freedom to discriminate. The freedom I'm defending is the freedom of an individual to freely be himself. I put it to you: which is the nobler, more American version of freedom?

LOL, now I am anti-American for opposing this bill?

You are either with the homosexuals or against us! LOL, sounds familiar, who else said something like that?
Opposing this bill shows that you are not for equality and freedom at all.

Last edited:
If a person is qualified, reliable and performs the assigned duties well, should the employer have the freedom to fire that person because they happen to be gay?

In my opinion, no, they should not, but if you believe in living in a free country then that means an employer has the right to employ who ever he wants and terminate their employment when ever he wants for what ever reason.

The freedom you're defending is the freedom to discriminate.

Correct. You have the right to be a shit bag if you want.

The freedom I'm defending is the freedom of an individual to freely be himself.

By robbing somebody else of their freedom.

I put it to you: which is the nobler, more American version of freedom?

The freedom of people making their own choices free of coercion of government authority. That is the more noble version of American freedom.

If a person is qualified, reliable and performs the assigned duties well, should the employer have the freedom to fire that person because they happen to be gay?

In my opinion, no, they should not, but if you believe in living in a free country then that means an employer has the right to employ who ever he wants and terminate their employment when ever he wants for what ever reason.

The freedom you're defending is the freedom to discriminate.

Correct. You have the right to be a shit bag if you want.

The freedom I'm defending is the freedom of an individual to freely be himself.

By robbing somebody else of their freedom.

I put it to you: which is the nobler, more American version of freedom?

The freedom of people making their own choices free of coercion of government authority. That is the more noble version of American freedom.
You have a decidedly warped sense of "freedom" It seems that freedom, to you, means the freedom to commit actions limiting someone else's freedom. Freedom to me is much broader. No employer should have the freedom to exercise his hatred by denying someone employment for no cause other than the employer hates the employee's immutable circumstance. Yours is the "freedom" exercised by the slaveholder. Hardly a freedom to be embraced by a free people.

Now, you may think that anti-discrimination statutes are coercion. But they are actually the way we can make the whole of the country free. Free from blind hatred and bigotry and the development of what is, essentially second class Americans. If you think an employer has the right to terminate someone's employment simply because that employee is gay, what stops an employer from terminating someone's employment because they have an Irish surname or have blue eyes or are left handed? If none of those immutable factors do not adversely impact the job assigned to that worker, there is no real valid reason to fire that worker, is there?

If a person is qualified, reliable and performs the assigned duties well, should the employer have the freedom to fire that person because they happen to be gay? The freedom you're defending is the freedom to discriminate. The freedom I'm defending is the freedom of an individual to freely be himself. I put it to you: which is the nobler, more American version of freedom?

If someone has a job, is qualified, reliable and performs well, it HIGHLY doubtful that the person will be fired because it's found out that the person is gay. Unless the gay guy starts losing it over a coworker and start harassing him. Should an employer have to hire someone just because they are gay, whether they are qualified and reliable or not.

None of us are able to be freely ourselves. Being freely yourself is probably the number one reason why people are fired. There is no "nobler" version of freedom that doesn't impose on someone else's freedom. If the gay guy has the freedom to act out at work, then anyone working with him or her, has the same freedom to act out anti gay feelings. That's freedom to be freely yourself.

We don't discriminate enough, there should be more of it.

If someone has a job, is qualified, reliable and performs well, it HIGHLY doubtful that the person will be fired because it's found out that the person is gay. Unless the gay guy starts losing it over a coworker and start harassing him. Should an employer have to hire someone just because they are gay, whether they are qualified and reliable or not.

None of us are able to be freely ourselves. Being freely yourself is probably the number one reason why people are fired. There is no "nobler" version of freedom that doesn't impose on someone else's freedom. If the gay guy has the freedom to act out at work, then anyone working with him or her, has the same freedom to act out anti gay feelings. That's freedom to be freely yourself.

We don't discriminate enough, there should be more of it.
The law doesn't say that someone must be hired because they happen to be gay. That's a specious argument and you know it.

Workplace romances too often go awry and often they result in someone loosing their job. That should apply to gay and straight alike.

What the law says is an employer cannot fire someone because they happen to be gay.

Our society becomes greater the more we know and interact with our fellow citizens. Discrimination and hatred stymies that growth. Asking for more discrimination is a fool's errand. Segregation and hatred and fear do NOTHING to advance society.

Forum List

Back