Congress votes to end gender id/gay job discrimination

Exactly...also, it is truly hilarious to see Republicans oppose gay marriage, equal rights, voting rights, and other social issues. Then they shove the Constitution and other Founding Documents down everyone's throats...so I guess "Pursuit of Happiness" only applies to people who agree with them?

Conservatives don't hate the LGBT community, we are just sick and tired of having their agenda shoved at us all the time and are fighting back. Politically, before we have to take it to the streets which is already happening in some places.

Yea, they are shoving their agenda down your throats alright....how dare they seek equal rights in society??? Who are they to believe they should be married, not be refused services or jobs because of their orientation? Boy, go figure you guys are losing this battle...not to mention all the other minority groups.

Really sad to see this kind of behavior about equal rights, especially in this day of age :eusa_naughty:

Equal rights does not include forcing people to hire them simply because they are gay anymore than it is forcing girls to share the bathrooms with boys.

Exactly...also, it is truly hilarious to see Republicans oppose gay marriage, equal rights, voting rights, and other social issues. Then they shove the Constitution and other Founding Documents down everyone's throats...so I guess "Pursuit of Happiness" only applies to people who agree with them?

Want to know what is truly hilarious?

Your belief that you are able to defend your positions.

Conservatives don't hate the LGBT community, we are just sick and tired of having their agenda shoved at us all the time and are fighting back. Politically, before we have to take it to the streets which is already happening in some places.

Yea, they are shoving their agenda down your throats alright....how dare they seek equal rights in society??? Who are they to believe they should be married, not be refused services or jobs because of their orientation? Boy, go figure you guys are losing this battle...not to mention all the other minority groups.

Really sad to see this kind of behavior about equal rights, especially in this day of age :eusa_naughty:

They have voluntarily chosen to engage in a behavior that others may or may not accept. They have equal rights. They have the same rights to marry as everyone else has, and the same prohibitions as any other pervert has.

Equal rights does not include forcing people to hire them simply because they are gay anymore than it is forcing girls to share the bathrooms with boys.

Well, that is a sad and weak comparison. This is not forcing anyone to hire someone based on their orientation. This is simply making it illegal to deny someone a job based on their orientation, just as it is illegal to refuse a job based on ethnicity, religion, and gender. But I guess based on your views, that you are against that too....pathetic. :cuckoo:

Boehner says freedom from discrimination will cost businesses too much. At the very least, he hides his fear of freedom. The stock Conservative bigot does not disguise their ignorance as we'll.

Why on earth would anyone claiming to love America oppose this bill?

Perhaps they love America, but they clearly hate Americans!

What the haters fail to realize, among other things, is the popular don't need protection under law, the unpopular certainly do.

Those who hate equal freedoms and rights as guaranteed by our Constitution also hate our country. They're the same traitors who side with other countries over their own.

They're welcome to leave but no. They stay here, availing themselves of the very same freedoms and rights they want to take away from other Americans.
What about my freedom to hire who I choose? I did some digging and found a picture of you in business attire. Frankly, I don't want you interacting with my clients.

tranny.jpg

Seriously! Where does the Constitution state that your rights trump mine?
ENDA doesn't say you MUST hire LBGT. It says you cannot fire them BECAUSE they are LBGT.

Want to know what is truly hilarious?

Your belief that you are able to defend your positions.

I can defend my positions all week and twice on Sunday if you want to play that game. The Republican joke about frivolous lawsuits is old and no one is buying that snake oil, but it seems you may be one of their dealers???? Using your logic...employers should also be able to refuse work to a woman, an African American, or a Catholic. America is based on equality, yet Republicans are against that....shocker! That was the party that opposed Civil Rights legislation and just about any other equal rights bill brought up in the last 100 years.

They have voluntarily chosen to engage in a behavior that others may or may not accept. They have equal rights. They have the same rights to marry as everyone else has, and the same prohibitions as any other pervert has.

You can take that argument and shove it up your ass, because that is where it belongs. You must also believe in conversion therapy, that people "choose" to be LGBT? Amazing, simply amazing that in this day of age...people could be so ignorant and stupid. And you are wrong, many states (controlled by Republicans, I know surprise!) still ban same-sex marriage and would take the first chance they got to make it illegal for same-sex couples to adopt children...disgraceful. The protection of marriage is bullshit, it is an institution with a 50% failure rate....I do not think same-sex couples are doing anything to bring it down.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it! :up_yours:

You can take that argument and shove it up your ass, because that is where it belongs. You must also believe in conversion therapy, that people "choose" to be LGBT? Amazing, simply amazing that in this day of age...people could be so ignorant and stupid. And you are wrong, many states (controlled by Republicans, I know surprise!) still ban same-sex marriage and would take the first chance they got to make it illegal for same-sex couples to adopt children...disgraceful. The protection of marriage is bullshit, it is an institution with a 50% failure rate....I do not think same-sex couples are doing anything to bring it down.

Mayor De Blasio's wife was a former lesbian. She changed. Did she make a choice to be straight or was she born gay?

Mayor De Blasio's wife was a former lesbian. She changed. Did she make a choice to be straight or was she born gay?
She is not a lesbian. The article she wrote was from the perspective of a lesbian. Much the way Truman Capote was not a killer, but he wrote In Cold Blood.

She is not a lesbian. The article she wrote was from the perspective of a lesbian. Much the way Truman Capote was not a killer, but he wrote In Cold Blood.

Uh no. She is a self admitted former lesbian.
Mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio?s wife Chirlane McCray, a former lesbian, opens up about falling in love with a man - NY Daily News

So was she born homosexual or did she chose to be straight?

She could be bisexual....I guess I am just not seeing the argument you are making.

She didn't come out as bisexual. It is very clear in the article she came out to her parents as a lesbian when she was 17. Was she born bisexual or did she chose to marry a man later in her life. If she was born bisexual, how come she didn't know it until later in life?

People can change their behavior without changing themselves. In this case being a lesbian paid very little. Being the wife of a loudmouth paid much more.

People can change their behavior without changing themselves. In this case being a lesbian paid very little. Being the wife of a loudmouth paid much more.

So she chose to be straight? This makes sexuality a choice.

#1 Some try to define the world as a binary environment - true/false, yes/no, 1/0. When in fact sexuality consist over range of possibility where the individual is 100% attacked to females or 100% attacked to males. The truth is though that sexuality can exist in a range.

#2 Secondly don't confuse changing behavior with changing sexual orientation. They are not the same thing.

>>>>

Those who hate equal freedoms and rights as guaranteed by our Constitution also hate our country. They're the same traitors who side with other countries over their own.

They're welcome to leave but no. They stay here, availing themselves of the very same freedoms and rights they want to take away from other Americans.
What about my freedom to hire who I choose? I did some digging and found a picture of you in business attire. Frankly, I don't want you interacting with my clients.

tranny.jpg

Seriously! Where does the Constitution state that your rights trump mine?
ENDA doesn't say you MUST hire LBGT. It says you cannot fire them BECAUSE they are LBGT.

You come to work looking like that and you are NOT going to deal with my clients.

#1 Some try to define the world as a binary environment - true/false, yes/no, 1/0. When in fact sexuality consist over range of possibility where the individual is 100% attacked to females or 100% attacked to males. The truth is though that sexuality can exist in a range.

#2 Secondly don't confuse changing behavior with changing sexual orientation. They are not the same thing.

>>>>

So then it is not a choice, or you are not born one way? Then why do some harp on homosexuals being born that way? As though it means something?

>>>>

So then it is not a choice, or you are not born one way? Then why do some harp on homosexuals being born that way? As though it means something?

Again, trying to apply a binary status to something that can exist as a range.

Think of a very tall, narrow bell curve representing a population. 100% Heterosexuals represent the tall center either attracted to only men or only women. However at the outskirts there are those that can be attracted to either.

That doesn't mean it's a "choice" or it's "biological", it's a reflection of what is. Sexual Orientation (binary or range) is a "choice" or it's "biological", completely different matter.

>>>>

Last edited:

Forum List

Back