Congress on Mnimum wage -- Overtime pay -- Opinions?

Congress (read R scum) want you to work overtime for nothing

No one is proposing eliminating overtime pay. The proposal is that IF BOTH WORKERS AND EMPLOYER agree BEFORE overtime hours are worked, that the employee may, instead of taking time and a half overtime pay, take time and half hours of leave. And if that leave is not used by the end of the calendar year, the employee is to be paid at his/her current regular rate for those hours (unless the pay at the time was higher).

Example: Employee is asked to work 6 extra hours in a week (46 hours total) and makes a wage of $10/hr. She has the choice of taking overtime pay ($400 regular pay, $90 overtime pay) or receiving 9 hours time off. She never manages to take the time off, but does get a pay raise to $12/hr. At the end of the year she has those 9 hours of leave to cash out at the rate of $12/hr for a total of $108. If she hadn't gotten a raise, or even if she had gotten a pay cut, she would receive a buy back of $90, same as if she had gotten the overtime pay.

So how is that worse?

And here I go again.....you don't agree with low wages/lost benefits/consolidated ownership/corporatism etc.etc. etc.......THEN STOP BUYING THE THINGS THEY PRODUCE. STOP CHOOSING A CHEAP PRICE AS THE PRIMARY REASON YOU BUY WHAT YOU BUY.
Your actions as a consumer faaaaaaaaaaaaaar outweigh anything else you say or do. When 90% of Americans choose cheaper prices as the primary reason for buying....manufacturers have absolutely no choice but to lower costs to maintain the cheap price.

And by the way....if minimum wage was $22 per hour...your $.99 cheeseburger would be $8.00

Without government subsidies (TAX MONEY), hamburger would cost in excess of $20 a pound.

Hamburger contributes to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity and more.

I don't think some businesses should be paid for their own poor business practices.

The answer?

Don't eat that garbage. Hell, I wouldn't even feed hamburger to my dog!

Congress has bigger issues to worry about right now than the minimum wage.

- IRS scandal
- Benghazi scandal
- AP/Fox/CBS news scandals

And I'm sure there will be more before long considering how we are now seeing the reductio ad absurdum meltdown of the galactic incompetence of our Organizer In Chief Who Would Be King.

Amazing how Republicans prefer witch hunts over addressing problems that affect the country

When are Republicans going to present that Healthcare plan they promised?

For that matter, when are they gonna vote for some JOBS????

Oh wait, its time for another vacation. Never mind. Maybe next time they breeze into town to filibuster something they might find time for the working class.

Its damn hard to actually get anything done when you work only 125 days a year. And, that $200THOUSAND DOLLARS?? That barely covers their greens fees and that new tanning bed in the office.

Congress has bigger issues to worry about right now than the minimum wage.

- IRS scandal
- Benghazi scandal
- AP/Fox/CBS news scandals

And I'm sure there will be more before long considering how we are now seeing the reductio ad absurdum meltdown of the galactic incompetence of our Organizer In Chief Who Would Be King.

Amazing how Republicans prefer witch hunts over addressing problems that affect the country

When are Republicans going to present that Healthcare plan they promised?

For that matter, when are they gonna vote for some JOBS????

Oh wait, its time for another vacation. Never mind. Maybe next time they breeze into town to filibuster something they might find time for the working class.

Its damn hard to actually get anything done when you work only 125 days a year. And, that $200THOUSAND DOLLARS?? That barely covers their greens fees and that new tanning bed in the office.

Jobs?

They are furloughing federal workers on another one of thei manufactured crisis

264532_583681001653769_187376109_n.png

Take note, that the most hours needed dominate blue states.

Not often an op pewns himself.

so min wage should be triple what it is now.

That means we would have to pay $18 for a Big mac meal for one.
$30-60 to get 1 movie ticket
over $10 for a gallon of gas

These are the things liberals don't think about. The results of their idiotic actions

And by the way....if minimum wage was $22 per hour...your $.99 cheeseburger would be $8.00

Without government subsidies (TAX MONEY), hamburger would cost in excess of $20 a pound.

I don't think some businesses should be paid for their own poor business practices.

The answer?

See how easy it was for you to draw your own conclusion.

Why should Uncle Sam tell us what we should or should not eat?

These are the things liberals don't think about. The results of their idiotic actions

That is completely wrong. Your assertion is that the total cost of goods is equal to the labor cost.

That is completely wrong. Your assertion is that the total cost of goods is equal to the labor cost.

The business owner can only push their cost increases on to their consumers

The business owner can only push their cost increases on to their consumers

Well the business owner could also accept a slightly smaller profit margin to keep competitive or they could invest in technology that increases efficiency.

I sure as hell don't want my wages - minimum, overtime or otherwise - determined by Congress.

Well the business owner could also accept a slightly smaller profit margin to keep competitive or they could invest in technology that increases efficiency.

You mean replace those jobs which use to be worth the minimum wage with automation, thus pricing another job out of the marketplace.

sure. Why not?

Maybe we should put congress on minimum wage. They spend most of their time trolling for campaign funds anyway. Maybe cut their health insurance also. Especially the republican dogs that would see little children go without food before the likes of the Walmart heirs had to pay one penny more for taxes. We could start with pauline ryan and erica cantor.

Maybe we should put congress on minimum wage. They spend most of their time trolling for campaign funds anyway. Maybe cut their health insurance also. Especially the republican dogs that would see little children go without food before the likes of the Walmart heirs had to pay one penny more for taxes. We could start with pauline ryan and erica cantor.

Do you really think they should be in charge of setting our wages?

There are currently 143,579,000 people working and producing $16 trillion in goods and services each year. That is an output of over $111,000 per person per year. The minimum wage can easily be $15 an hour or $30k a year.

Last edited:

The answer?

Depends on where you get your meat from.
We buy 100% of our meat from a local butcher that guarantees all meat comes from 100 miles from the store or less. (And includes the list of farms on the wall in the store)
Every Saturday there is a line 20 deep pretty much all day.

There are currently 143,579,000 people working and producing $16 trillion in goods and services each year. That is an output of over $111,000 per person per year. The minimum wage can easily be $15 an hour or $30k a year.

Gross, not net.

Forum List

Back