Congress on Mnimum wage -- Overtime pay -- Opinions?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
970114_583680068320529_932555527_n.jpg

photo.php

photo.php

481574_583289581692911_1080317306_n.png

It should be obvious but, my opinion -
972254_583268205028382_2000896647_n.jpg

Everyone is allowed to negotiate their own contract. If you do not want to work for wages offered, then don't.

~LoneStar™~

Everyone is allowed to negotiate their own contract. If you do not want to work for wages offered, then don't.

~LoneStar™~

That's not the question.

Congress (read R scum) want you to work overtime for nothing and, even worse, they believe you should work for 60s pay.

One reallyl lame ass excuse I've heard is that minimum wage jobs are meant for high school kids but the fact is, its now college grads who are slinging grease burgers at McDonald's.

Interesting is that the same lame asses throw a fit if those same people get any kind of assistance and yet, that is exactly what R congress is forcing on these people. Fact is, people have a right to work for a livable wage.

The minimum wage jobs have raised their prices over the years and they will continue to raise prices. Why shouldn't they have to pay a livable wage?

Why is the right so eager to turn us into a sweatshop society? Why do they want us to be China?

Congress has bigger issues to worry about right now than the minimum wage.

- IRS scandal
- Benghazi scandal
- AP/Fox/CBS news scandals

And I'm sure there will be more before long considering how we are now seeing the reductio ad absurdum meltdown of the galactic incompetence of our Organizer In Chief Who Would Be King.

- IRS scandal
- Benghazi scandal

And I'm sure there will be more before long considering how we are now seeing the reductio ad absurdum meltdown of the galactic incompetence of our Organizer In Chief Who Would Be King.

All minor issues but the scumbags you look up to like that car thief darryl issa are going for impeachment.

- IRS scandal
- Benghazi scandal

All minor issues but the scumbags you look up to like that car thief darryl issa are going for impeachment.

Nobody is going to be impeached. Stop wetting your bed.

Dont want 7.25 an hour? Me either, but ill take it if I cant get anything else. Cant support a family on 7.25 an hour? Wrap it up. You think you deserve 20 plus bucks an hour? get a job in construction, delivery services, manual labor, etc. There is plenty of things a person can change personally if they want to be more successful, its not my problem as an employer if they're unmotivated Funny memes wont get you too far in an argument with me.

why do liberals think they are entitled to everything?

government, i am entitled to free birth control, to have as many kids as i want, even if i cant support them financially, emotionally, mentally, etc

so... gimme free housing, healthcare, and anything else i want

Your not entitled to others hard earned money

youre not prevented from working by a mental or physical disablity.

god, liberalism is a religion worshipped by the willingly insane

:cuckoo:

liberals, get your head out of your ass :eusa_pray:

Dont want 7.25 an hour? Me either, but ill take it if I cant get anything else. Cant support a family on 7.25 an hour? Wrap it up. You think you deserve 20 plus bucks an hour? get a job in construction, delivery services, manual labor, etc. There is plenty of things a person can change personally if they want to be more successful, its not my problem as an employer if they're unmotivated Funny memes wont get you too far in an argument with me.

BAD idea to eliminate OTP.

Giving time off in replacement for OT WILL be abused by many employers.

COUNT on that.

Minimum wage jobs was not a problem when teenagers were the dominate population filling those positions. The problem today is the population is too big and there isn't enough jobs.

Minimum wage jobs was not a problem when teenagers were the dominate population filling those positions. The problem today is the population is too big and there isn't enough jobs.

60% of all earners are paid hourly and less than 5% of hourly paid workers or about 3% of all workers make minimum wage or less. Those who make less tend to be in food service and receive tips.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2011.htm

In 2011, 73.9 million American workers age 16 and over were paid at hourly rates, representing 59.1 percent of all wage and salary workers.1 Among those paid by the hour, 1.7 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 2.2 million had wages below the minimum.2 Together, these 3.8 million workers with wages at or below the Federal minimum made up 5.2 percent of all hourly-paid workers.

- IRS scandal
- Benghazi scandal

Amazing how Republicans prefer witch hunts over addressing problems that affect the country

When are Republicans going to present that Healthcare plan they promised?

Forum List

Back