Congress' intelligence heads: Taliban stronger

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Congress' intelligence heads: Taliban stronger - Yahoo! News

The pessimistic report by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., challenges Obama's own assessment last week in his visit to Kabul that the "tide had turned" and that "we broke the Taliban's momentum."

Well that sucks.

Seems that instead of stomping the head of a snake, we were cutting the heads off a Hydra.

and in related news...

Al-Qaida releases video of American hostage - Yahoo! News

"My life is in your hands, Mr. President," Weinstein said in the video. "If you accept the demands, I live; if you don't accept the demands, then I die."

In a video message posted on militant websites in December, al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri said Weinstein would be released if the United States stopped airstrikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen. He also demanded the release of all al-Qaida and Taliban suspects around the world

My deepest sympathies too Mrs Weinstein.

The pessimistic report by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., challenges Obama's own assessment last week in his visit to Kabul that the "tide had turned" and that "we broke the Taliban's momentum."

Well that sucks.

Seems that instead of stomping the head of a snake, we were cutting the heads off a Hydra.

and in related news...

"My life is in your hands, Mr. President," Weinstein said in the video. "If you accept the demands, I live; if you don't accept the demands, then I die."

In a video message posted on militant websites in December, al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri said Weinstein would be released if the United States stopped airstrikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen. He also demanded the release of all al-Qaida and Taliban suspects around the world

The US won the war in Afghanistan in several weeks. Bin Laden was holed up in Tora Bora making his peace with his maker. What happened?

Iraq.

And that all went to shit.

Well that sucks.

and in related news...

The US won the war in Afghanistan in several weeks. Bin Laden was holed up in Tora Bora making his peace with his maker. What happened?

Iraq.

I thought iraq had no connections to terror?

And that war ended last year.

Well that sucks.

and in related news...

Iraq.

It didn't.

But what happened in Afghanistan..was that after a very impressive initially successful operation..it was turned into a low grade war no one paid attention to for nearly a decade. This helped the Taliban to become stronger on both the war fighting fronts..and political fronts. Americans are seen as conquerors..and the Taliban are seen as patriots. And it doesn't help that Karzai is as corrupt as they come.

Iraq.

It didn't.

But what happened in Afghanistan..was that after a very impressive initially successful operation..it was turned into a low grade war no one paid attention to for nearly a decade. This helped the Taliban to become stronger on both the war fighting fronts..and political fronts. Americans are seen as conquerors..and the Taliban are seen as patriots. And it doesn't help that Karzai is as corrupt as they come.

We stopped doing what needed to be done to win wars with VN.

We need to go total war and not bother. That's why this has dragged on and on.

It didn't.

True. What we do now is little more than political game playing. Instead of using overwhelming force, we use politically correct force. Utter bullshit.

Total War! Sounds like a ratings winner!

Asshole.

moran

total war won every single last war until you liberal buffoons got involved.

Korean war = draw
VN = loss
Bay of Pigs = loss
Somalia = loss
Desert Storm (total war until nearly the end) = draw
Iraq = dragged on so long = win
Afghanistan = still not done

sorry fool, but history is on my side and failure is on yours.

Nation-building in Afghanistan was a ridiculous and naive waste of blood and money from the very beginning. Not to mention the fact that we never had any right to even TRY. It's NOT OUR COUNTRY.

If anyone is surprised that the Taliban is stronger, they have been living in abject denial since 2003.

Insanity.

It didn't.

:lol:

"Total" war? We threw everything we had at the Vietnamese. Several million were killed. The only thing left was to nuke them..but that would have invited both the Russians and the Chinese to retaliate.

It's amazing the history revisions that go on here.

Asshole.

moran

Korean war = draw
VN = loss
Bay of Pigs = loss
Somalia = loss

War is not a football game. Real people..die.

It didn't.

"Total" war? We threw everything we had at the Vietnamese. Several million were killed. The only thing left was to nuke them..but that would have invited both the Russians and the Chinese to retaliate.

so the restricted bombing was all made up?

the enemy hides just over the boarder in another country, but we can't get them, b/c of restrictions, is all a lie?

sorry, your bs doesn't pass the sniff test on that one.

Asshole.

moran

Korean war = draw
VN = loss
Bay of Pigs = loss
Somalia = loss

so are you saying that you'd rather fight for over a decade than fight balls out for one year?

so the restricted bombing was all made up?

the enemy hides just over the boarder in another country, but we can't get them, b/c of restrictions, is all a lie?

sorry, your bs doesn't pass the sniff test on that one.

What "restricted" bombings?

More bombs were dropped on South east asia then were used in all wars, combined up until that period. Millions of people were obliterated. And Kerry wasn't wrong about "free fire" zones and other atrocities. Nixon actually carried out secret bombings in countries that weren't even involved..like Cambodia and Laos. And in Cambodia..that led to the rise of the Khmer Rouge..a lovely bunch of assholes..that committed a genocide.

The US royally screwed the pooch in Vietnam.

moran

Korean war = draw
VN = loss
Bay of Pigs = loss
Somalia = loss

so are you saying that you'd rather fight for over a decade than fight balls out for one year?

Aside from cleaning out the camps in Afghanistan..this country hasn't had a war that would pass the Constitutional "sniff" test since WWII.

The taliban is stronger because it is and always was obama's intention to undo whatever Bush had done including take the war to the terrorists and send them back into irrelevancy. The taliban has an ally in the white house. Being stronger isn't at all a surprise.

The taliban is stronger because it is and always was obama's intention to undo whatever Bush had done including take the war to the terrorists and send them back into irrelevancy. The taliban has an ally in the white house. Being stronger isn't at all a surprise.

Obama "undid" Bush's contention that Bin Laden was a useful boogeyman.

Forum List

Back