Congress grants the Executive branch the power to break up any company

This is really dangerous idea about transferring power to one branch because the only thing that can create another power for any branch of the government is the constitution itself. This means that transferring power to one branch is unconstitutional simply because you are creating another power for that branch by transference and whatever power transferred probably isn't within the scope of the constitution itself.

And yet i cant find a thread on it. I cant imagine that this is a good thing.

Why is this a shock? They also gave the Fed the authority to seize ANY company they deemed vital t o our economy if they believed it was failing.

Just more "we know what's best for you" from this current administration and the Brownshirts that have seized power in Congress.

And yet i cant find a thread on it. I cant imagine that this is a good thing.

Hmmm....seeing as how you started THIS thread, one would have thought YOU would provide the link to support your thread? Just sayin'.:eusa_whistle:

Kiinda hard to find a link if the MSM ain't covering it. Just sayin.

Then why even start a thread about it? It makes the OP look lilke he is trying to make something up. Just sayin'.

Hmmm....seeing as how you started THIS thread, one would have thought YOU would provide the link to support your thread? Just sayin'.:eusa_whistle:

Then why even start a thread about it? It makes the OP look lilke he is trying to make something up. Just sayin'.

I recall you're the guy who never picks up a newspaper and never reads the news. Just sayin.
House approves financial regulation overhaul - Yahoo! News
In addition to systemic risk regulation and the CFPA, the broader House bill would give the government new powers over large banks and set up new protocols for dealing with large firms, known as "too big to fail," that get into trouble.

It would also impose new curbs on executive pay, strengthen

protections for investors and, for the first time, set up a federal office to monitor the insurance industry.
More at the source.

I recall you're the guy who never picks up a newspaper and never reads the news. Just sayin.
In addition to systemic risk regulation and the CFPA, the broader House bill would give the government new powers over large banks and set up new protocols for dealing with large firms, known as "too big to fail," that get into trouble.

protections for investors and, for the first time, set up a federal office to monitor the insurance industry.
More at the source.

Was I the OP??

More at the source.

Unless you ENJOYED bailing out the banks, the car makers and the investment houses and the insurance firms, I see this as a VERY good thing.

More at the source.

Unless you ENJOYED bailing out the banks, the car makers and the investment houses and the insurance firms, I see this as a VERY good thing.

Why because you liked the bailouts and want to see more of them? Does anyone think some board charged with overseeing "too big to fail" will NOT recommend bailing out businesses that get into trouble?
It's a terrible thing. It will guarantee US mediocrity for years to come. Capitalism deals with failure by bankruptcy and dissoltuion, not bail outs. We are well on teh way to Euro-rot.

More at the source.

Why because you liked the bailouts and want to see more of them? Does anyone think some board charged with overseeing "too big to fail" will NOT recommend bailing out businesses that get into trouble?
It's a terrible thing. It will guarantee US mediocrity for years to come. Capitalism deals with failure by bankruptcy and dissoltuion, not bail outs. We are well on teh way to Euro-rot.

ANY private company deemed "too big to fail" is bad for the USA. ANY company that our government feels the need to bail out on the backs of it's taxpayers is bad for the USA. They SHOULD be broken up.

This bill codifies protocol for future bailouts. It will encourage more risk taking, while touting it will mean less. Congress gets to take bankers to the wood shed. The only group with a lower approval rating than themselves.

How do you determine what is "too big to fail"?

I personally don't believe there is such a thing. And if there is, gov't is the last entity in the world that needs to be deciding that.

How do you determine what is "too big to fail"?

I personally don't believe there is such a thing. And if there is, gov't is the last entity in the world that needs to be deciding that.

Bush decided AIG was too big to fail. Obama decided GM and Chrysler were too big to fail. Apparently it is a POTUS thing? In my humble opinion, let the bastards fail!

Well, from the link provided, it appears to be a VERY GOOD BILL overall and the changes made, for the most part, are good solid reforms that need to take place so that we will not be put in to the same position we were put in last September and October with bailouts. I did not see anything in the article that states the Executive Branch would be making the determination on who gets broken up? Can someone supply a link that supports Avatar's position or comment on this...?

I am actually RELIEVED that the house and hopefully the senate is ACTUALLY doing this, FINALLY doing this....we as a country are at risk, a huge risk, of another crisis, if the rules that lead us to this crisis are not corrected and reformed imo.

Care

Congress grants the Executive branch the power to break up any company

The Constitution does not grant Congress the power to break up companies, so where the fuck did the congresscritters get the authority?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The Federal Government has the authority and power to REGULATE interstate trade. This is where the left will claim the power comes from.

Forum List

Back