AP: Report: Overhaul would raise health care costs-- Finally the TRUTH!

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Report: Overhaul would raise health care costs

Long-term plan could 'face a significant risk of failure,' raise premiums

A new report from government economic analysts at the Health and Human Services Department found that the nation's $2.5 trillion annual health care tab won't shrink under the Democratic blueprint that senators are debating. Instead, it would grow somewhat more rapidly than if Congress does nothing.

More troubling was the report's assessment that the Democrats' plan to squeeze Medicare for $493 billion over 10 years in savings relies on specific policy changes that "may be unrealistic" and could lead to cuts in services...

In still more bad news, the report starkly warned that a new long-term care insurance plan included in the legislation could "face a significant risk of failure" because it would attract people in poor health, leading to higher and higher premiums, and eventually triggering an "insurance death spiral."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34382286/ns/health-health_care/

Finally the truth from the MSM and government analysts .

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;1801125 said:
Report: Overhaul would raise health care costs

Long-term plan could 'face a significant risk of failure,' raise premiums

A new report from government economic analysts at the Health and Human Services Department found that the nation's $2.5 trillion annual health care tab won't shrink under the Democratic blueprint that senators are debating. Instead, it would grow somewhat more rapidly than if Congress does nothing.

More troubling was the report's assessment that the Democrats' plan to squeeze Medicare for $493 billion over 10 years in savings relies on specific policy changes that "may be unrealistic" and could lead to cuts in services...

In still more bad news, the report starkly warned that a new long-term care insurance plan included in the legislation could "face a significant risk of failure" because it would attract people in poor health, leading to higher and higher premiums, and eventually triggering an "insurance death spiral."

Report: Overhaul would raise health care costs - Health care- msnbc.com

Finally the truth from the MSM and government analysts .

This is the 2ND STORY to come out about this in the past 3 days. The first one, from MSNBC also, said that the programs costs were "unrealistic" and were going to significantly increase over the next 10 years.

America...we are being LIED TO and we are having unwanted legislation shoved down our throats by a Congress who could care less about the wellbeing of America.

Like that's a big surprise to anybody with half a brain...

Really! Why is this a surprise? Inspite of being told that there would be a savings and it would be "deficite neutral", even the politicians, whose only job is to decieve, said that taxes would be raised.

If more money is required, that means the cost is higher. Is this hard to grasp?

1 trillion dollars in added cost means the cost is 1 trillion dollars higher.

The expansion of stupid is breath taking. Speaking to the accuracy of reporting from a different thread, is your news outlet relating the costs of this boodndoggle accurately?

It's all about creating an oligarchy in Washington. The states are going bankrupt, there will only be the fed to turn to. I've never been a super strong state's rightist, but I'm beginning to see the merit of Jefferson's ideals.

Nobody appears to be listening.

The people are...........Washington isnt. Its a joke. Is it not suppossed to be government for the people??!!!

WTF????!!!!!!!

Just the fact that this is marching forward is proof positive that there is a power grab here of epic proportions...........epic........as never before seen in the history of our country. Think of it? The old joke is, the only thing a politician cares about is the next election. But curiously...........not on this issue!!!!!:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Only those without common sense cant figure it out...............:lol:

stfu...obama said it would bring down the defecit.

he knows all, hallowed be his name

I couldn't have predicted this at all. Tons of reports showing exactly the opposite, but you claim they're all lies. One comes out which supports your position, and it's gospel truth.

I couldn't have predicted this at all. Tons of reports showing exactly the opposite, but you claim they're all lies. One comes out which supports your position, and it's gospel truth.

When the agency writing the report is staffed with Obama appointees, the reports will more than likely FAVOR their bosses position!!!

When the agency writing the report is staffed with Obama appointees, the reports will more than likely FAVOR their bosses position!!!

CBO isn't staffed with Obama appointees. So, dodge fail.

Last edited:

CBO isn't staffed with Obama appointees. So, dodge fail.

No, with Pelosi appointees. Each Congress (House) appoints its own director of CBO. However, one must say that Elmendorf did initially try to keep this CBO non partisan, but finally buckled under political pressure when he agreed not to count the unfunded $247 billion the House was adding to Medicare in a separate bill to prevent a mandated cut in reimbursements to doctors as a part of the cost of HR 3200.

Last edited:

You couldn't predict it will rain, even when struck by lightening.

I'm confused. The dems want to just use Medicare for UHC, but Medicare is going bankrupt, so WTF happens when Medicare goes broke from the dems adding the poor MFs??

That means that those of us who paid into Medicare all our working lives get pimped. I don't know if the DC morons get what that would really mean.

Forum List

Back