Congress Finally Challenges the Cuba Travel Ban

So, which US policy forced Castro to remain "President" for 50 years?
Changing the subject so soon? Jeeze, you gave up so quickly on the main point. Ask me the pertinent question instead, if you dare. You know, the one about Castro & Communism that you are avoiding and trying to find an absurd escape from because you sense that you are way out on a limb and about to fall and crash.

You have any proof of Obama's intelligence?
Maybe his ability to stop the rise of the oceans, just by getting the Dem nomination?
Or was it his weakest economic recovery since WWII?
Was it the 63 house seats the Dems lost (63, holy shit!) in 2010?
Oh, stop being a silly boy by changing the subject.

View attachment 272845

Changing the subject so soon?

Nah, the subject is still your idiotic claim.

Oh, stop being a silly boy by changing the subject.

You posted a picture of Obama in a dunce cap. I agreed.

My daughter and son-in-law returned from Cuba just a couple weeks before the "re-ban".
It needs to stay.
Cuba is on no way ready for tourism. I placed pics they took on this forum in another thread.
Their infrastructure is beyond dilapidated and dangerous.
They hated it, and said they would never go back. They felt horrible for the people living in those conditions.

My daughter and son-in-law returned from Cuba just a couple weeks before the "re-ban".
It needs to stay.
Cuba is on no way ready for tourism. I placed pics they took on this forum in another thread.
They hated it, and said they would never go back. They felt horrible for the people living in those conditions.
There is no one but the U.S. to blame for those conditions.

It needs to stay.
Yeah.....Castro may have had something to do with it.

It needs to stay.
Why? Because he didn't turn the country back over to the American mafia?

It needs to stay.

Poor Castro, he would have had a country as rich as Switzerland, but 1 country in the world prevented it...….LOL!

It needs to stay.

Poor Castro, he would have had a country as rich as Switzerland, but 1 country in the world prevented it...….LOL!
And he was such a swell guy.... truly the male version of Mother Theresa.

Our 60 year economic war against Cuba.

/----/ Many countries have always traded with Cuba and they could have had anything they wanted or needed. Cuba failed because of Communism and the Castros.
The top export destinations of Cuba are China ($379M), Spain ($184M), Germany ($82.3M), Indonesia ($55.4M) and Singapore ($52.4M). The top import origins are China ($1.35B), Spain ($1.01B), Mexico ($356M), Algeria($353M) and Brazil ($345M). OEC - Cuba (CUB) Exports, Imports, and Trade Partners
OK, what's your excuse now?

It needs to stay.
Why? Because he didn't turn the country back over to the American mafia?
/----/ "Why? Because he didn't turn the country back over to the American mafia?"
Oh, that was his only choice - the Mafia or the bloodthirsty USSR slave state. Nothing else.
big dope.png

Every piece of crap you pick up in Wal Mart is made in COMMUNIST China.

But try to buy a Cuban cigar anywhere here in the US.

Every piece of crap you pick up in Wal Mart is made in COMMUNIST China.

But try to buy a Cuban cigar anywhere here in the US.
/---/ I tried a Cuban cigar in the DR, and even the store owner says the Commies ruined it. The Cuban seeds snuck out and grown in South America are 10 times better.

“The bipartisan bill I will introduce on Monday is about the right of Americans, not Cubans, to travel,” Senator Patrick Leahy stated, as he prepared to introduce the “Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act of 2019” this week. “Every member of Congress,” he declared, “especially those who have been to Cuba, should oppose restrictions on American citizens that have no place in the law books of a free society.”

In the House, Congressmen James McGovern and Tom Emmer introduced identical legislation last week, setting the stage for Congress to debate President Trump’s ongoing efforts to restrict travel in order to score electoral points in Florida. Although congressional proponents of free travel to Cuba have tried, and failed, to lift existing restrictions in the past, Trump’s recent flagrant assault on freedom to travel, along with the natural constituency of millions of citizens who have flocked to Cuba over the past few years, may combine to give this latest legislative initiative a better chance of success.

Few people are aware that Cuba is the only nation in the world to which a congressional statute prohibits US citizens from traveling for a simple vacation.
From the end of the Eisenhower administration to the mid-1990s, restrictions on travel, like the trade embargo itself, fell under executive authority; the restrictions were imposed by the president and could be rescinded by the president. That changed in 1996, when President Clinton signed the punitive Helms-Burton Act, which codified the embargo into law, along with restrictions on travel. After Clinton moved to create exemptions that would allow travel to Cuba for specific, non-touristic, purposes—journalism, education, religious activities, business transactions, professional meetings, etc.—Congress amended the Trade Sanctions Reform and Export Enhancement Act of 2000 to read: “the Secretary of the Treasury may not authorize travel-related transactions for travel to, from, or within Cuba for tourist activities.”

Congress Finally Challenges the Cuba Travel Ban

I'm planning to open a banana boat rental place on Guantanamo beach.
IMG_0245.JPG

Forum List

Back