Congrats to my friends on the left for winning their 1st special election - re: AL

Why was Moore a better choice than Luther Strange? Specifically.
Meh, Strange was a very conservative Senator, and I think a little too far right for my tastes.

The Voter's Self Defense System

1. Luther Strange was Mich McConnels pick.

2. Strange was endorsed by all the big DC centered organizations, while Moore was backed by more individuals who put their names on the line for Moore and are activists against the DC Establishment, and my preference is for anti-Establishment candidates.

3. Moore has a better understanding of the Separation clause than anyone in DC. It was intended to prevent a state church like they have in England, not to stop kids from playing before football games, and Moore grasps this.

4. Moore wants to start holding Federal judges to conducting themselves within the scope of their authority and impeach them if they donot. I think this is an issue critical to the success of our Republic.

Other than these trifles, the two are like peas in a pod; ideological conservatives to the core.

I would much prefer to vote for Daniel Patric Moynahan, but unfortunately he is not running. He is dead.
Moore never followed the Constitution when he was a judge

It's actually the 12th special election the Democrats have won - just counting those where the seat was flipped -

11 in state elections plus Jones.

Forum List

Back