Congrats to my friends on the left for winning their 1st special election - re: AL

It's a good thing Roy Moore lost the election cuz it seems genetic testing indicates he has fathered a lot of children in Alabama.

In fact, police say it is near impossible to solve any crimes in Alabama cuz all of the genetic testing matches and there never is any dental records left over.

Um, not all the votes have been counted as I type.

AP jumped the gun.

Why did Fox have Jones up ten points in a state wide election that turned out to be a squeaker? Was it an intentional effort to suppress turnout? Are we going to see wildly erroneous "polls" in the future that are nothing but political tools?

Why did Fox have Jones up ten points in a state wide election that turned out to be a squeaker? Was it an intentional effort to suppress turnout? Are we going to see wildly erroneous "polls" in the future that are nothing but political tools?

Well there are some facts that are kind of embarrassing to the GOP establishment if they did not deliberately udnermine Moore.

In 2008 Sessions won over 1.3 million votes, while Moore took only 650k. His Democrat opponent took 670k votes but the Dem in 2008 took around 750k.

So while the Dems had a reduced turnout, the GOP establishment in Alabama failed to get out more than 50% of the voters from 9 years ago.

Clearly the Alabama state GOP did not support Moore, which is very similar to how they deliberately dropped the ball in Virginia with Cuccinelli.

The GOP leadership of Alabama does not want to drain the swamp; they live off of it.

It's a good thing Roy Moore lost the election cuz it seems genetic testing indicates he has fathered a lot of children in Alabama.

In fact, police say it is near impossible to solve any crimes in Alabama cuz all of the genetic testing matches and there never is any dental records left over.

AP jumped the gun.

You maybe right, I don't see a 21,000 vote lead evaporating however I have been wrong before, many times. :)

AP jumped the gun.

You maybe right, I don't see a 21,000 vote lead evaporating however I have been wrong before, many times. :)

i dont think Moore will likely win a recount, but anything is possible.

How many of these ballot boxes have inaccurate vote totals on them like happened in Detroit in 2016?

I would like to see a recount, but Think Jones won.

I seriously doubt he will win again in two years.

AP jumped the gun.

How many of these ballot boxes have inaccurate vote totals on them like happened in Detroit in 2016?

Jones has no chance in to win in two years unless he votes for some Republican policies, which he won't.

Recounts always favor Democrats as they seem to apply intent to a ballot and then seem to find hidden boxes in trunks of cars and a whole lot of suspicious BS.

Well there are some facts that are kind of embarrassing to the GOP establishment if they did not deliberately udnermine Moore.

In 2008 Sessions won over 1.3 million votes, while Moore took only 650k. His Democrat opponent took 670k votes but the Dem in 2008 took around 750k.

So while the Dems had a reduced turnout, the GOP establishment in Alabama failed to get out more than 50% of the voters from 9 years ago.

Clearly the Alabama state GOP did not support Moore, which is very similar to how they deliberately dropped the ball in Virginia with Cuccinelli.

The GOP leadership of Alabama does not want to drain the swamp; they live off of it.

Electing people like Roy Moore is your idea of draining the swamp?

[QUOTE="Dragonlady, post: 18810987, member: 41417

Sanders isn’t a Democrat. He’s an independent who tried to co-opt the Party.[/QUOTE]

True........the same is true of Trump. I love Trump, but it is clear the traditional party system is in real trouble in this country. It reminds me a lot of 1860, when the Dems split into four (4) different presidential candidates, and Lincoln was literally not on the ballot in seven states in the South. Okay, it's not that bad yet, but we are getting there. And after that? You know what comes after that.

Jones has no chance in to win in two years unless he votes for some Republican policies, which he won't.

No, but it's three years till Jones' election. I do not think anything can be assumed in this political climate. Dog-eat-dog, stunning October Surprises, polls all wrong: no, no guessing beforehand is my new rule.

[QUOTE="Dragonlady, post: 18810987, member: 41417

Sanders isn’t a Democrat. He’s an independent who tried to co-opt the Party.

True........the same is true of Trump. I love Trump, but it is clear the traditional party system is in real trouble in this country. It reminds me a lot of 1860, when the Dems split into four (4) different presidential candidates, and Lincoln was literally not on the ballot in seven states in the South. Okay, it's not that bad yet, but we are getting there. And after that? You know what comes after that.[/QUOTE]

I think we are in the winds of change in this country.

Recounts always favor Democrats as they seem to apply intent to a ballot and then seem to find hidden boxes in trunks of cars and a whole lot of suspicious BS.

Generally maybe, but recounts gave Bush and Trump more votes in 2000 and 2016 respectively.

Without a doubt as Moore is not part of the DC swamp.

And you apparently think the swamp is the GOP?

roflmao

enjoy your 2 year Senator baws

and congrats on finally getting someone with 11th hour allegations

:beer:

Moore, unlike Trump (and Reagan before him) just did not have the Teflon coat

It was pretty funny noting all the comments from defecrats cheering the special election win of a beady eyed rat defecrat. They got a long way to go to get to abuse America again.

Seems like republicans are in the majority and can't get anything done. It's easy to win a football game when you only let the other team play with 7 players. But in 2018, all your voter suppression and Gerrymandered districts aren't going to save you.

roflmao

Why was Moore a better choice than Luther Strange? Specifically.

roflmao

Good question. Of course you are not going to get an honest answer.

AP jumped the gun.

We will see in three years how Jones does in Alabama

A lot will depend who runs against him. Have Republicans learned not to run Breitbart Republicans?
2020 will have Trump as a headliner. With approval hovering around 30 percent, how long will his coat tails be?

Jones would’ve had a bigger win in Alabama if it hadn’t been for the left’s identity politics.

Meh, Strange was a very conservative Senator, and I think a little too far right for my tastes.

The Voter's Self Defense System

1. Luther Strange was Mich McConnels pick.

2. Strange was endorsed by all the big DC centered organizations, while Moore was backed by more individuals who put their names on the line for Moore and are activists against the DC Establishment, and my preference is for anti-Establishment candidates.

3. Moore has a better understanding of the Separation clause than anyone in DC. It was intended to prevent a state church like they have in England, not to stop kids from playing before football games, and Moore grasps this.

4. Moore wants to start holding Federal judges to conducting themselves within the scope of their authority and impeach them if they donot. I think this is an issue critical to the success of our Republic.

Other than these trifles, the two are like peas in a pod; ideological conservatives to the core.

I would much prefer to vote for Daniel Patric Moynahan, but unfortunately he is not running. He is dead.

Forum List

Back