Congrats to Dems. on the Cap & trade bill win!

It seem those who are trying to ram this bill down our throats don't believe that old saying that says, " Haste makes waste" But then I don't think they care. All they care about is their power and screw the people of this country.

The so called stimulus bill was rushed through and we see how well that is not working... So what did the Democrats learn... Absolutely Nothing. Now they are trying to force through this Cap and trade bill before anybody can figure out what is in the bill and what damage it will do to this country. I do hope the Senate will kill this horrorible bill.

I also hope the people of this country will finally wake up and see what those who voted for this bill are willing to do to them and this country to empower and enrich themselves and their cronie friends at our expense. I hope the people will vote out of office any and all that voted for this crap bill, Democrats and Republicans alike, for they clearly have crap for brains and are unworthy to be in elected office.

I wonder what one of the richest democrats have to say about Cap and Trade?

Oh I found one...Warren Buffett...

BUFFETT: I think if you get into the way it was written, it's a huge tax and there's no sense calling it anything else. I mean, it is a tax. And it's a fairly regressive tax. If we buy permits, essentially, at our utilities, that goes right into the bills of the utility customers and an awful lot of people in Iowa, in Oregon, and Utah, and places where we are, very poor people are going to pay a lot more money for electricity. So I think that can be improved.

Warren Buffett Criticizes Cap and Trade (Again) as Huge, Regressive Tax - AIP Blog - American Issues Project

So? That is what debate is for but the Rs, especially in the House, simply want everything changed to the way they want it or they vote no.

Buffet says he thinks poor people will be paying too much for electricity and that can be improved. Well then sit down and hash it out instead of saying no and spinning that the bill is categorically incorrect and will not work.

Otherwise, they can sit on the sidelines and watch while Democrats work for energy, climate and lowering greenhouse gas emissions.

Why do you think that Republicans are suddenly right about everything when they lost so big the last two elections? Hint: nobody thinks that except of course Rs.

"The federal government can come in and inspect your house and send you the bill. And if they find that you’re out of compliance with this new federal code, 'The Secretary shall assess a civil penalty for violations of this section,'" Scalise said. "Now living in your home is considered unlawful under this bill. This is ludicrous."

Taking his argument a step further, Scalise called into question the very constitutionality of the measure. He reminded his fellow congressmen that the 10th Amendment to the Constitution says, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to states respectively or to the people.”

This bill comes in and basically says throw out the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
~ Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA)
View topic - Cap-and-trade legislation to include ‘Global Warming Gestapo :: Free Dominion - Principled Conservative - Party and Canadian Politics - Canada Blogs

Within one year after the date of enactment, a national building code will be established. States are required to adopt the national code within one year from that date, they can adopt a state code that is equally stringent or they can adopt California's Title 24 building code within two years.

In her 24-page order on Friday, Vázquez wrote, "The city's goals in enacting Albuquerque's Energy Conservation Code and the Albuquerque High Performance Buildings Ordinance are laudable. Unfortunately, the drafters of the code were unaware of the long-standing federal statutes governing the energy efficiency of certain HVAC and water heating products and expressly preempting state regulation of these products when the code was drafted and, as a result, the code, as enacted, infringes on an area preempted by federal law."
Federal Judge Puts Albuquerque's Green Building Code on Hold | GreenerBuildings

This should be an interesting court battle on this one, on the one hand the Federal Govt. will claim that the materials in the home are covered under Federal Law and therefor that gives the Federal Govt. the right to institute a national code. However, you have an issue with that , in that existing structures which were permitted prior to the advent of this should have a good claim not to mention a very weak case on the part of the Federal Govt. to begin with when it comes to usurping a clear state issue, sound like healhtcare? beginning to see a pattern here? I'd also like to ask one simple question, if Ca. environmental polices have been so wonderful, and they have some of the worst pollution in the nation still after all these years, and a constant budget shortfall to the tune of 24 plus billion dollars, the plan here is to repeat that nation wide? Anyone here know what states famous for rolling brown outs?

BUFFETT: I think if you get into the way it was written, it's a huge tax and there's no sense calling it anything else. I mean, it is a tax. And it's a fairly regressive tax. If we buy permits, essentially, at our utilities, that goes right into the bills of the utility customers and an awful lot of people in Iowa, in Oregon, and Utah, and places where we are, very poor people are going to pay a lot more money for electricity. So I think that can be improved.

Warren Buffett Criticizes Cap and Trade (Again) as Huge, Regressive Tax - AIP Blog - American Issues Project

So? That is what debate is for but the Rs, especially in the House, simply want everything changed to the way they want it or they vote no.

Buffet says he thinks poor people will be paying too much for electricity and that can be improved. Well then sit down and hash it out instead of saying no and spinning that the bill is categorically incorrect and will not work.

Otherwise, they can sit on the sidelines and watch while Democrats work for energy, climate and lowering greenhouse gas emissions.

Why do you think that Republicans are suddenly right about everything when they lost so big the last two elections? Hint: nobody thinks that except of course Rs.
if you don't say NO, NOW, there is no chance to "hash" anything out
Sarah, are you REALLY this clueless to how this government functions?

She already knows all dem policies are sooper doooper and all republican policies are failures............:rolleyes:

She already knows all dem policies are sooper doooper and all republican policies are failures............:rolleyes:

Hey, you finally got something right...

Hash it out????? It's been passed by the House...with a 300 page add on Sarah! You don't give a damn about the little person huh? Screw them, were in power, live with it...that's your attitude. Another election is a little over a year away, we'll see what the tax payers say at the voting booth, and we'll probablly see the Kool-Aid drinkers saying how they were robbed.

By the way....why don't you show us where it has worked...where there isn't double digit unemployment. Go ahead, I will be waiting for your post, Sarah.

Last edited:

Something else for you to read...maybe a comment from you. it was written by me on another thread.

I don't think you understand that it will cost the people who have the least. From gas, to clothing, to food, to transportation, it will all be affected by this bill. It's biggest puppet (Al Gore) is one of the biggest individual abusers of energy consumption. He isn't going to change his lifestyle, but he is trying to make darn sure that yours and mine will have to change. He is talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Thats just inherently wrong, Maggie.
Coal and oil are the only real viable source of energy right now. Our government has hammered down on nuclear, which is the cleanest. Everything else is in it's infancy stage of development. But, for our government to punish us, because we have to use what we have is no more than beating down on the everyday citizen of this great nation.

Sure, the stimulus is a smashing success and cap and trade is the best piece of legislation ever. Republicans wanted to add an amendment that suspends that cap and trade program if gas hits $5.00 per gallon and/or if unemployment hits 15%, but guess what the dems did with those amendments ?, they gave the big middle finger. As divecon stated, you really are clueless, but you're such a partisan hack that you'll be perfectly happy driving your SmartCar, chanting "yes we can !" while occasionaly sipping your organic blue kool aid .........:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Hash it out????? It's been passed by the House...with a 300 page add on Sarah! You don't give a damn about the little person huh? Screw them, were in power, live with it...that's your attitude. Another election is a little over a year away, we'll see what the tax payers say at the voting booth, and we'll probablly see the Kool-Aid drinkers saying how they were roibbed.

By the way....why don't you show us where it has worked...where there isn't double digit unemployment. Go ahead, I will be waiting for your post, Sarah.

She won't answer, she's got nothing, never has .......

Something else for you to read...maybe a comment from you. it was written by me on another thread.

I don't think you understand that it will cost the people who have the least. From gas, to clothing, to food, to transportation, it will all be affected by this bill. It's biggest puppet (Al Gore) is one of the biggest individual abusers of energy consumption. He isn't going to change his lifestyle, but he is trying to make darn sure that yours and mine will have to change. He is talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Thats just inherently wrong, Maggie.
Coal and oil are the only real viable source of energy right now. Our government has hammered down on nuclear, which is the cleanest. Everything else is in it's infancy stage of development. But, for our government to punish us, because we have to use what we have is no more than beating down on the everyday citizen of this great nation.

He's banking on making enough money from this deal that he could heat his house by burning money ......

what she, and many other dem/libs, they think that they can raise taxes on "the rich" without really thinking
"the rich" arent the ones that actually pay those taxes, because the cost of doing business is reflected in the price of the product being sold
consumers pay those taxes

What you are saying about Gore being the biggest individual abuser of energy consumption is of course wrong. I wouldn't exactly say you are lying but your information is very outdated. It's an exaggeration to say he was the biggest abuser.

The Gores have made many energy efficent upgrades to their homes and are now LEED certified.

Kreider, June 16: The Gores' home is certified by the US Green Building Council as a Gold LEED certified home for retrofitted homes. As part of the LEED certification process, they upgraded their windows, lighting, appliances and insulation, among other items in and around the home [...] The residence is powered with a geothermal system as well as 33-solar panels. The Gores also participate in the "Green PowerSwitch" program offered by their utility [company].

FactCheck.org: Is it true that Al Gore's mansion uses significantly more energy than the typical home?

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

After the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed Gore’s massive home energy use, the former Vice President scurried to make his home more energy-efficient. Despite adding solar panels, installing a geothermal system, replacing existing light bulbs with more efficient models, and overhauling the home’s windows and ductwork, Gore now consumes more electricity than before the “green” overhaul.

Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration.

In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.

“Actions speak louder than words, and Gore’s actions prove that he views climate change not as a serious problem, but as a money-making opportunity,” Johnson said. “Gore is exploiting the public’s concern about the environment to line his pockets and enhance his profile.”

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, a Nashville-based free market think tank and watchdog organization, obtained information about Gore’s home energy use through a public records request to the Nashville Electric Service.

Tennesseefree.com » Tennessee Center for Policy Research again embarrasses Al Gore: his home energy useage up by 10%, even after last year’s spanking

What you are saying about Gore being the biggest individual abuser of energy consumption is of course wrong. I wouldn't exactly say you are lying but your information is very outdated. It's an exaggeration to say he was the biggest abuser.

The Gores have made many energy efficent upgrades to their homes and are now LEED certified.

Kreider, June 16: The Gores' home is certified by the US Green Building Council as a Gold LEED certified home for retrofitted homes. As part of the LEED certification process, they upgraded their windows, lighting, appliances and insulation, among other items in and around the home [...] The residence is powered with a geothermal system as well as 33-solar panels. The Gores also participate in the "Green PowerSwitch" program offered by their utility [company].

FactCheck.org: Is it true that Al Gore's mansion uses significantly more energy than the typical home?
too bad he didnt do it BEFORE he was exposed as a hypocrite

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

After the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed Gore’s massive home energy use, the former Vice President scurried to make his home more energy-efficient. Despite adding solar panels, installing a geothermal system, replacing existing light bulbs with more efficient models, and overhauling the home’s windows and ductwork, Gore now consumes more electricity than before the “green” overhaul.

Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration.

In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.

“Actions speak louder than words, and Gore’s actions prove that he views climate change not as a serious problem, but as a money-making opportunity,” Johnson said. “Gore is exploiting the public’s concern about the environment to line his pockets and enhance his profile.”

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, a Nashville-based free market think tank and watchdog organization, obtained information about Gore’s home energy use through a public records request to the Nashville Electric Service.

Tennesseefree.com » Tennessee Center for Policy Research again embarrasses Al Gore: his home energy useage up by 10%, even after last year’s spanking
OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

LEED certified, omgnoway ! I guess he's making enough money off his lies to get his home certified in any manner humanly possible. Enable these corrupt clowns all you want dummy, they win, you lose ........ :cool:

We didn't ask for the Gores' electric bills, so we can't say how much efficiency improvement the family has accomplished. But the e-mail was on target in 2007; it's out of date now.

– Andrew Karter

So given the fact that in 2008 these upgrades were made and the bills were 10% higher according to his Utility bills, and given the fact the writer of the article didnt bother to get them gor 2009, they are basing this on the mere fact that the home is LEED cert. okay!

We didn't ask for the Gores' electric bills, so we can't say how much efficiency improvement the family has accomplished. But the e-mail was on target in 2007; it's out of date now.

– Andrew Karter

So given the fact that in 2008 these upgrades were made and the bills were 10% higher according to his Utility bills, and given the fact the writer of the article didnt bother to get them gor 2009, they are basing this on the mere fact that the home is LEED cert. okay!

Not really. It isn't an article, it's Factcheck.

It was a completely straightforward presentation of the facts. Gore's homes were not energy efficient in 2006 and they are now in 2009.

Not hard to understand.

Forum List

Back