Congrats to Dems. on the Cap & trade bill win!

Once again, I'm glad the party of know knew enough to vote NO :clap2::clap2::clap2:

gas will go up about $.77 a gallon

electric up about 95%

all goods and services will go up

jobs will go overseas by the thousands. as no company will stay here and pay these taxes

and guess what.. it will not stop global warming..

all middle class families can expect a tax increase of roughly $3100.00. I hate to break it to you DUmmies but you voted in a liar!

democwats are idiots. just idiots

Last edited:
all you people who voted this regime in,, owes the rest of us an apology!

that's how i felt for the last 8 years. :eek: WELCOME to the club!

What goes around, comes around and no one seems to remember that, when in power, it seems! :(
It's actually pretty much the same Congress. Really doesn't matter much who the POTUS is, except now they have absolute power, one-party rule.... Basically a dictatorship, with no checks or balances.

That will begin to be corrected come 2010, it always is.

What goes around, comes around and no one seems to remember that, when in power, it seems! :(
It's actually pretty much the same Congress. Really doesn't matter much who the POTUS is, except now they have absolute power, one-party rule.... Basically a dictatorship, with no checks or balances.

nu hu,, they pretty much had a couple of big turnovers in o6 and o8..

yes, but no one in charge, thinks that now...that's all i am saying...it's like they are shocked when their party looses strength...yet it does run in circles....

CONTRATS--morons--included in the 1200 page bill for the people you voted for--who inserted another 310 pages last night at 3 a.m. in the morning-- INCLUDED- that YOUR local building department & regulations will be invaded by the Federal Government & be usurped by new regulations according to them. Not only that but you will be assigned a NEW appraisor according to Wash D.C standards that will APPRAISE your home "Prior to the sale of your existing home" to insure that your home is up to Washington D.C regulations before you sell.

ENJOY YOUR BILL! Congrats on making certain that you have elected a goverment with no brakes!

BTW--included in this 3 a.m. amendment--those of us that own forest land will be paid to keep our trees. I own at least 200-300 forest trees on my property- & an additional 500 on our other property-SO I AM WAITING for my check from you! Thanks in advance for my check.

PS--PLEASE do not stop breathing & exhaling (emitting CO2) before those of us with trees--checks come in! Thanks so much for breathing!

Serves you right. If you are going to have one of the dumbest systems in the land, tough shit...........

yes, but no one in charge, thinks that now...that's all i am saying...it's like they are shocked when their party looses strength...yet it does run in circles....

Someday people mgiht figure out that ALL politians do is fuck us over---until then it's basically a boring game

The public as a whole abhors one-party rule. And always should. All the way from Roosevelt through Clinton, Democrats pretty much dominated Congress. That's 60-plus unfettered years of domination. That pendulum was always a slow swinging one, until recent times.

Carter and Clinton enjoyed 2 years of one-party rule their first term, Dubya had three, and here we are again with Obama enjoying a huge numerical advantage in both the House and the Senate. Unlike past Presidents, he's also taking full advantage of this, every bill is an emergency, with dire consequences if we don't get them passed.

Next session we'll see the brakes come on a little, as Congresscritters start worrying more about winning re-election than making instant legislation. Then in 2010, we'll see the pendulum swing again, because they have far over-reached.

That doesn't matter, once this is law, it will be impossible to stop without all three houses and a super majority from the other side.

Its an unmitigated disaster.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
hold up here: hubby says national building codes have been coming for several years....too much variance between county to county codes. He is going on about stair codes. Thank yall. I will get to hear this all day.

WRONG--I work in the construction industry & deal with inspectors on a daily basis. Local building departments change regulations & codes constantly. They change their codes to adjust to the area YOU live in. In my county in the Rocky mountains we have different codes from L.A--due to snow loads--temperature--we already have codes for r-factor--insulation & windows are inspected accordingly to meet those energy standards.

There is not one single building department in this country that does not do that. For the federal government to usurp existing codes will either had cost to housing that is completely unnecessary & or "take" away standards that may be unsafe.

As this is getting very scary--& we have a house of representatives that will pass anything--stuff a 310 page bill in an energy bill at 3 a.m. in the morning to obtain these new expansive & intrusive regulations.:clap2:

To add--we already are under jurisdiction from the UBC--(The uniform building code)--this power does not need to support another government program with exclusive powers given to the Secretary of Energy.

It's time you speak up. Call your senators & tell them to either adjust this energy bill or vote no on it.

Last edited:
It is bullcrap that things are stuck in the bills at the last minute...I was very upset when this happened with the republicans in congress with the Democratic members not getting enough time to even read the bills like the patriot act and tax cut bills and the medicare pill bill and the Democrats accepting democrats doing this is hypocritical....

I think we can all agree to that....our congressmen SHOULD have the time to read a bill in its entirety before they have to vote on it and 72 hours seems about right....

There is no reason to not allow the time to read and debate the actual bill that is up for passing, I voted for my congressman to represent me in the passage of these bills and how can they, if they don't read them?

I am not even saying this addition to this bill is bad or good, just that our congressmen MUST have the time to read what is in these bills....how could otherwise, be acceptable to anyone, is beyond me?

care

Last edited:
It is bullcrap that things are stuck in the bills at the last minute...I was very upset when this happened with the republicans in congress with the Democratic members not getting enough time to even read the bills like the patriot act and tax cut bills and the medicare pill bill and the Democrats accepting democrats doing this is hypocritical....

I think we can all agree to that....our congressmen SHOULD have the time to read a bill in its entirety before they have to vote on it and 72 hours seems about right....

There is no reason to not allow the time to read and debate the actual bill that is up for passing, I voted for my congressman to represent me in the passage of these bills and how can they, if they don't read them?

I am not even saying this addition to this bill is bad or good, just that our congressmen MUST have the time to read what is in these bills....how could otherwise, be acceptable to anyone, is beyond me?

care
you're half way right
things shouldnt be added into unrelated bills
and they shouldnt be added without giving more time before the vote
not only for congress members to read it, but the PUBLIC as well

I wonder what one of the richest democrats have to say about Cap and Trade?

Oh I found one...Warren Buffett...

BUFFETT: I think if you get into the way it was written, it's a huge tax and there's no sense calling it anything else. I mean, it is a tax. And it's a fairly regressive tax. If we buy permits, essentially, at our utilities, that goes right into the bills of the utility customers and an awful lot of people in Iowa, in Oregon, and Utah, and places where we are, very poor people are going to pay a lot more money for electricity. So I think that can be improved.

Warren Buffett Criticizes Cap and Trade (Again) as Huge, Regressive Tax - AIP Blog - American Issues Project

Forum List

Back