Congrats to Dems. on the Cap & trade bill win!

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) promulgated new, stricter regulations for diesel truck emissions, last December, that significantly reduce the amount of fine particulate matter (PM 2.5) emissions allowed in the state. Diesel PM 2.5 is made up of fine particles of soot from diesel emissions that can be inhaled deeply into the lungs, and is often blamed for premature deaths. However, California’s new regulation will do nothing to improve public health, while costing millions.

California is the only state with such a diesel emissions reduction program, largely because the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has never determined that diesel exhaust causes premature deaths. For example, the agency’s large, detailed study in 2002 failed to find that diesel exhaust causes premature deaths. As Hoover Institution Senior Fellow Dr. Henry Miller points out, the new regulations constitute an overreach by CARB—based on faulty science—that would drive business out of California.
California's New Diesel Regulation Is All Pain for No Gain | CEI

Bakersfield had the worst level of fine-particle pollution in the nation last year — a toxic mix of soot,diesel exhaust, chemicals, metals and aerosols that contribute to heart attacks, strokes and lung disease, according to the American Lung Association’s annual State of the Air report.

The San Joaquin Valley city displaced Los Angeles, which fell to the third spot in the category of year-round particle pollution, behind second-place Pittsburgh-New Castle, Pa. Kern County, which includes Bakersfield, was ranked the worst county in the nation for average annual particulate pollution. The lung association report is based on data from local governments’ air monitoring stations and statistics gathered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Southern California's air pollution remains high | Greenspace | Los Angeles Times

I fail to see how and why the Obama Administration would want to follow any lead from Ca. when it comes to Governmental programs leading to any success. I find it rather interesting that this bill wants to adopt Ca. standards nationwide when the clearly don't work in Ca. The other issue at hand here is that one's states regulations may not be beneficial for another state, perhaps that why we states have their own govts. or has the Obama Administration forgotten that.

Now that the Democrats and a few very stupid republicans have passed the Cap and Trade Bill in the people's house this past week.... Take a deep breath and smell the stinch that comes from a bill that was formulated on a concept of the biggest lie of all time... Global Warming aka: Climate Change.

This is nothing more than a government PONZI scheme. Use fear tactics--in order to tell people that the air our lungs exhale (CO2) is a polutant to our autmosphere--that normal climatic changes--that BTW--have not changed since 2001 & fear us into believing that Al Gore, Barack Obama & Nancy Pelosi are GOING to save the planet--& that all they need is more money from us.

TO DO WHAT WITH? Like the one congressman from Florida--who because they are giving him 50 MILLION for his vote-- in order to build a new hurricane center in Florida.

This bill is nothing but a bunch of CRAP--that other free-world countries have already kicked to the curb.

It will send manufacturing jobs overseas-&-it will kill millions of jobs in this country that are energy related.

Contact your senators today & RAISE hell!

Last edited:
Rep. Gene Green, D-Texas, represents a district with several oil refineries, a huge source of greenhouse gas emissions. He also serves on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which must approve the global warming plan backed by President Barack Obama.

Green says Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., who heads the panel, is trying to entice him into voting for the bill by giving some refineries favorable treatment in the administration’s “cap and trade” system, which is expected to generate hundreds of billions of dollars over the coming years. Under the plan, companies would pay for the right to emit carbon dioxide, but Green and other lawmakers are angling to get a free pass for refineries in their districts.

“We’ve been talking,” Green said, referring to a meeting he had with Waxman on Tuesday night. “To put together a bill that passes, they have to get our votes, and I’m not going to vote for a bill without refinery allowances.”

Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, the top Republican on the energy panel, said Waxman and others are also dangling allowances for steel and coal-fired power plants to give political cover to Democrats whose districts rely on these companies.

To get votes, Waxman offers cap-and-trade breaks | Washington Examiner

This just shows how totally moronic this bill is, in order to get it to pass they giving breaks for votes in exchange of their so called green house gas emitters. This bill serves 2 purposes. one it is a tax on energy to pay for a scheme to profit enviro-business and the other was to give Barack Obama the big W in the House. All of which were done at the expense of the American people.

Rep. Gene Green, D-Texas, represents a district with several oil refineries, a huge source of greenhouse gas emissions. He also serves on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which must approve the global warming plan backed by President Barack Obama.

Green says Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., who heads the panel, is trying to entice him into voting for the bill by giving some refineries favorable treatment in the administration’s “cap and trade” system, which is expected to generate hundreds of billions of dollars over the coming years. Under the plan, companies would pay for the right to emit carbon dioxide, but Green and other lawmakers are angling to get a free pass for refineries in their districts.

“We’ve been talking,” Green said, referring to a meeting he had with Waxman on Tuesday night. “To put together a bill that passes, they have to get our votes, and I’m not going to vote for a bill without refinery allowances.”

Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, the top Republican on the energy panel, said Waxman and others are also dangling allowances for steel and coal-fired power plants to give political cover to Democrats whose districts rely on these companies.

This just shows how totally moronic this bill is, in order to get it to pass they giving breaks for votes in exchange of their so called green house gas emitters. This bill serves 2 purposes. one it is a tax on energy to pay for a scheme to profit enviro-business and the other was to give Barack Obama the big W in the House. All of which were done at the expense of the American people.

Hi Navy. This article is very damning of the Democrats and this Cap & Trade BS that was just passed:

Steve Hunyar: Cap and trade bill passes House

But, it would not have passed if some Republicans didn't go along, so just like the economy and Iraq war weren't all the GOP's fault, this isn't all Democrats fault. The GOP have to share in the blame too, right?

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll477.xml

CONTRATS--morons--included in the 1200 page bill for the people you voted for--who inserted another 310 pages last night at 3 a.m. in the morning-- INCLUDED- that YOUR local building department & regulations will be invaded by the Federal Government & be usurped by new regulations according to them. Not only that but you will be assigned a NEW appraisor according to Wash D.C standards that will APPRAISE your home "Prior to the sale of your existing home" to insure that your home is up to Washington D.C regulations before you sell.

ENJOY YOUR BILL! Congrats on making certain that you have elected a goverment with no brakes!

BTW--included in this 3 a.m. amendment--those of us that own forest land will be paid to keep our trees. I own at least 200-300 forest trees on my property- & an additional 500 on our other property-SO I AM WAITING for my check from you! Thanks in advance for my check.

PS--PLEASE do not stop breathing & exhaling (emitting CO2) before those of us with trees--checks come in! Thanks so much for breathing!

Would this have passed without the Republicans who signed in favor of it? If not, then both parties need to share responsibility. Both are to blame. Right?

Same with the Iraq war and everything else that happened on the GOP's watch.

Make no mistake, I am not defending the Dems on Cap & Trade, but don't all of the sudden suggest that there is a difference between the parties. Not after all these years of saying they were all the same.

Hi Navy. This article is very damning of the Democrats and this Cap & Trade BS that was just passed:

But, it would not have passed if some Republicans didn't go along, so just like the economy and Iraq war weren't all the GOP's fault, this isn't all Democrats fault. The GOP have to share in the blame too, right?

You won't hear any disagreement for on the fact that republicans had a part to play in this sealy. For the most part, when I use the word congress I try to mean those that supported this terrible legislation. I know for a fact that you support healthcare and can tell you this legislation here will do a long way in taking much needed funding away from an issue I know is important to you. As a matter of fact I actually salute the democrats that supported that had the courage to say no to this legislation and see it for what it is.

You won't hear any disagreement for on the fact that republicans had a part to play in this sealy. For the most part, when I use the word congress I try to mean those that supported this terrible legislation. I know for a fact that you support healthcare and can tell you this legislation here will do a long way in taking much needed funding away from an issue I know is important to you. As a matter of fact I actually salute the democrats that supported that had the courage to say no to this legislation and see it for what it is.

Why are the Dems committing political suicide? Did you see how much the costs are going to go up for average Americans with Cap and Trade? If it is true, they are toast. And they did a HORRIBLE job explaining themselves on this one. Perhaps they didn't want to explain it because its a horrible idea.

Not to mention everything else they have not delivered on yet. No job coming back home, they haven't done enough for small business', interest rates for seniors suck, they aren't increasing s.s. benefits for the next few years, all the spending, economy not turning around, they haven't backed the unions enough and of course they can't get healthcare done either?

Now I can defend them on some of these things, or any one of these things, but all of them? No. So we shall see what they do. But this is my bar. At least I have a bar. The righties kept lowing the bar more and more for the GOP. I won't for the Dems. Thus the difference. The righties will join us in kicking out the bad Dems, but they won't join us to kick out their scum. And we will put back into office the party that gave us the last 8years? Obama is right. Change doesn't come from Washington. The Dems can't, the GOP won't. No, not unless we demand they do. I'm letting my voice be heard.

But then if the Dems are spineless and not going to do anything we voted them in to do, screw them too. We need all new leadership. Remember the whole thing about superdelegates in the Democratic party? Yea, we need to boot every one of them. Party elders. They are owned by the Corporations too. And heavily invested in this Cap and Trade. So no change.

But then how have we gotten change in the past? How did FDR get his new deal thru? And how did Unions come to be? I guess at the time, it was what the people wanted.

But today half of our society is arguing for the companies, not the labor. All the lobbyists with all the money represent them, not us.

Its a bunch of things. Wedge issues, brainwashing, spin, corportate/mainstream media, people think they won't be affected, and then Dems behaving badly.

Why are the Dems committing political suicide? Did you see how much the costs are going to go up for average Americans with Cap and Trade? If it is true, they are toast. And they did a HORRIBLE job explaining themselves on this one. Perhaps they didn't want to explain it because its a horrible idea.

Not to mention everything else they have not delivered on yet. No job coming back home, they haven't done enough for small business', interest rates for seniors suck, they aren't increasing s.s. benefits for the next few years, all the spending, economy not turning around, they haven't backed the unions enough and of course they can't get healthcare done either?

Now I can defend them on some of these things, or any one of these things, but all of them? No. So we shall see what they do. But this is my bar. At least I have a bar. The righties kept lowing the bar more and more for the GOP. I won't for the Dems. Thus the difference. The righties will join us in kicking out the bad Dems, but they won't join us to kick out their scum. And we will put back into office the party that gave us the last 8years? Obama is right. Change doesn't come from Washington. The Dems can't, the GOP won't. No, not unless we demand they do. I'm letting my voice be heard.

But then if the Dems are spineless and not going to do anything we voted them in to do, screw them too. We need all new leadership. Remember the whole thing about superdelegates in the Democratic party? Yea, we need to boot every one of them. Party elders. They are owned by the Corporations too. And heavily invested in this Cap and Trade. So no change.

But then how have we gotten change in the past? How did FDR get his new deal thru? And how did Unions come to be? I guess at the time, it was what the people wanted.

But today half of our society is arguing for the companies, not the labor. All the lobbyists with all the money represent them, not us.

Its a bunch of things. Wedge issues, brainwashing, spin, corportate/mainstream media, people think they won't be affected, and then Dems behaving badly.

Maybe there's hope for you yet bobo.

I don't know if Obama is just incredibly power hungry or incredibly naive. I just can't wrap my head around what the guy is thinking. He is hurting the very people he said he was going to help in the campaign. Higher energy costs woll hit the poor the hardest and no body, on the left or right disagrees that they will go up. The question is how much. How on Earth can you ask people to stomach an increase in their basic living expenses during a recession that doesn't look like is going to see a major upswing any time soon? One of these days, maybe the media will start doing it's job and show what this man is doing to our country.

Last edited:

I don't if Obama is just incredibly power hungry or incredibly naive. I just can't wrap my head around what they guy is thinking. He is hurting the very people he said he was going to help in the campaign. Higher energy costs woll hit the poor the hardest and no body, on the left or right disagrees that they will go up. The question is how much. One of these days, maybe the media will start doing it's job and show what this man is doing to our country.

Well I've been telling you guys all along I'm not a brainwashed lefty like my neo con brothers. I've said all along I am more anti GOP than I am pro Democrat. But I do agree with the Dem/Liberal/Progressive position on most issues. Just like conservs lean right because those issues really resonate with them. Like guns, fiscal responsibility, morality, pro defense, etc. Nothing wrong with any of those issies. But you and i both know what the GOP did on all those issues.

Instead they sent too many jobs overseas, grew the government, got hit on 9-11 and used it for political purposes, bankrupt the treasury, broke the military, i could go on and on. And the righties on these boards defended everything.

Now I won't defend Cap & Trade, unless I hear something like a $1200 tax break to make up for $1200 added heat bills this winter. To be continued. I don't believe the Dems would commit suicide like this. Stay tuned.

Lot of seats up for grabs next year. I won't vote GOP, but maybe I just won't vote. Fuck it, they win.

So Dems:

Start bringing jobs back home

Give Unions what they want

Fix healthcare

Stop fucking Seniors

Take control back of the Federal Reserve, they just gave themselves $9 trillion in the last 8 months. No one seems to care Bern. Everyone you tell should care. Know why they don't? Clueless.

No way I defend Dems acting badly. Welcome aboard Al Franken. You give the Dems 1 less excuse on why they can't get anything done.

GOP, you just keep obstructing any and all progress/change. :clap2:

I don't if Obama is just incredibly power hungry or incredibly naive. I just can't wrap my head around what they guy is thinking. He is hurting the very people he said he was going to help in the campaign. Higher energy costs woll hit the poor the hardest and no body, on the left or right disagrees that they will go up. The question is how much. One of these days, maybe the media will start doing it's job and show what this man is doing to our country.

Well I've been telling you guys all along I'm not a brainwashed lefty like my neo con brothers. I've said all along I am more anti GOP than I am pro Democrat. But I do agree with the Dem/Liberal/Progressive position on most issues. Just like conservs lean right because those issues really resonate with them. Like guns, fiscal responsibility, morality, pro defense, etc. Nothing wrong with any of those issies. But you and i both know what the GOP did on all those issues.

Instead they sent too many jobs overseas, grew the government, got hit on 9-11 and used it for political purposes, bankrupt the treasury, broke the military, i could go on and on. And the righties on these boards defended everything.

Now I won't defend Cap & Trade, unless I hear something like a $1200 tax break to make up for $1200 added heat bills this winter. To be continued. I don't believe the Dems would commit suicide like this. Stay tuned.

Lot of seats up for grabs next year. I won't vote GOP, but maybe I just won't vote. Fuck it, they win.

So Dems:

Fix healthcare

Stop fucking Seniors

Take control back of the Federal Reserve, they just gave themselves $9 trillion in the last 8 months. No one seems to care Bern. Everyone you tell should care. Know why they don't? Clueless.

No way I defend Dems acting badly. Welcome aboard Al Franken. You give the Dems 1 less excuse on why they can't get anything done.

hey moron, if the GOP doesnt obstruct, then all this shit you've bitching about would pass

So Dems:

Fix healthcare

Stop fucking Seniors

hey moron, if the GOP doesnt obstruct, then all this shit you've bitching about would pass

I want them to bring jobs home, fix nafta, fix healthcare, and help unions. The right gets to play bad cop with these issues. The Dems get to be the big tax and spenders. :lol:

CONTRATS--morons--included in the 1200 page bill for the people you voted for--who inserted another 310 pages last night at 3 a.m. in the morning-- INCLUDED- that YOUR local building department & regulations will be invaded by the Federal Government & be usurped by new regulations according to them. Not only that but you will be assigned a NEW appraisor according to Wash D.C standards that will APPRAISE your home "Prior to the sale of your existing home" to insure that your home is up to Washington D.C regulations before you sell.

ENJOY YOUR BILL! Congrats on making certain that you have elected a goverment with no brakes!

BTW--included in this 3 a.m. amendment--those of us that own forest land will be paid to keep our trees. I own at least 200-300 forest trees on my property- & an additional 500 on our other property-SO I AM WAITING for my check from you! Thanks in advance for my check.

PS--PLEASE do not stop breathing & exhaling (emitting CO2) before those of us with trees--checks come in! Thanks so much for breathing!

Would this have passed without the Republicans who signed in favor of it? If not, then both parties need to share responsibility. Both are to blame. Right?

Same with the Iraq war and everything else that happened on the GOP's watch.

Make no mistake, I am not defending the Dems on Cap & Trade, but don't all of the sudden suggest that there is a difference between the parties. Not after all these years of saying they were all the same.

I'll give Republicans a very small amount of credit here, they wouldn't even PROPOSE something like this DEMOCRATS do .......:eusa_whistle:

You know after a great deal of thought on this issue, I have to say that if it does pass, it can be repealed as soon as the Democrats get the boot from congress and you as democrats should hope this one doesn't go through, This one is a sure jobs killer. I understand the "green jobs" mantra holds great appeal especially now, but can assure , that won't make up for the number of companies that will not be able to afford the cost of doing business here thats just for starters. As for proposing something like this well in fact whats really funny about this, the republicans proposed and energy plan too and it had all the buzz words in it, that would have made the most staunch greenie sit up and listen had a democrat proposed it. It got shot down because, in the words, of Mr. Waxman, " the Republican plan will cancel this one out". The facts are democrats you don't want this cap and trade bill anymore than republicans want it. If you are for jobs, a strong economy, then you should not support this bill, because there is nothing in it that wil put Americans back to work....

How exactly are did Republicans send jobs overseas? Are we supposed to impose government into our lives even more by restricting where people can and can't do business? Meanwhile the dems controlled house just passed the best encouragement it could to get energy producers to overseas.

Even if they did that you should oppose it because it would be yet another layer of new government in our lives. If Obama proposed such lunacy it would only show even more so how stupid an idea cap and trade is as it would simply be cover up for the negative consequences of it. More government equals less freedom, it's that simple. Not simple enough for Obama I guess.

In what shape would GM be in now if the union had got it way?

Fix healthcare

Apparently dems think making it cheaper is the same thing as fixing.

Oh we're getting change all right bobo. Cap and trade is change after all. How do you like your change now? This is exactly what Obama said he would do in the campaign. To his credit he had the balls to admit then that it would result in skyrocketing energy costs (his words). Where were you then? Do busy fawning at his feet as I recall.

There are only two reasons this is happening. The dems with nearly uncontestible power are going for the biggest power grab most of us will see resulting in an unparalleled level of government control in our lives. You were this boneheads biggest cheerleader so own up to it. The other is that the dems are amazingly naive and stupid. Take your pick.

My dad put it well the other day. Obama needs to have a sit down with his daughters and tell them 'you know what? All in and all we had it pretty good growing up, but I just don't believe you should get to have it that good. In the land of the free I think i should get to take more of your money the more it you earn. i think I should get to tell you what doctors you can see and under what conditions. And I think I should get to tell you how to consume energy and how much you have to pay for it." (I'm paraphrasing a bit)

That is what he needs to have the balls to say because it is difficult to argue that we are heading in any other direction.

Having listened to the debate in the house on this particular odorous piece of feces that is the House version of environmental salvation I wondered at that time the claims that many of the Democrats were making about what this bill would accomplish.

Even days after the bill had been passed, White House spokespeople were saying that the claim of an average of 2.8 million jobs lost per year for 10 years was wrong and that the bill would actually create jobs.

And again I wondered, how is it they know this?

You see, the big guns on the Democrat side during the debate were saying things like, "We should have done this decades ago", and that "We would not be in this mess today if we had acted in the past 8 years!".

Surely these Congress people must be clairvoyant because not a one of the bastards read the effin thing.

So, I ask you. And those of you here making claims that this bill is going to do this and that. How is it you can even say that if you

HAVE

NOT

READ

THE

BILL?

Forum List

Back