Condi Rice Takes Lawrence O'Donnell To School

Hey, we're not talking about Whitewater. We were talking about Clinton turning down opportunities to get OBL. Clinton turned down the kill of OBL and then 9/11 happens. Shame, shame.

Not true..and 9/11 happened 8 months into the Bush presidency.

Which goes back to the OP.

Condi Rice..and the Bush administration was not focused on Al Qaeda. They were, however, focused on "thwarting" the rise of China and Russia as military and economic super powers. They started breaking treaties like the anti-missile defense, and making provocative moves against each..like sending spy planes into Chinese air space despite protests from the Chinese government.

Which is why Condi Rice was an utter failure as Secretary of State and a poor choice.

I never said 9/11 didn't happen in the Bush presidency? Clinton turns down OBL and then 9/11 happens. Who was President when it happened is immaterial. It happened because Clinton didn't get OBL. That's the point and that's a fact. No rabbit trails.

First off..you've done nothing or very little to "prove" Clinton "turned down OBL". In fact you skipped over a direct question to you.

Second..even if Osama bin Laden had been killed..do you really think that 9/11 would not have happened? The plans were in motion for quite some time. And it seems..he had very little to do with the tactical planning.

9/11 might have been stopped had the focus not shifted from "swatting flies" to provoking super powers. Which is what happened once the Bush administration started working.

Which is what?

It is guided by the United States. Heck..the United States started it. It's headquarters is in New York.

It is guided by the United States and the Iraq invasion was a bridge to far.

You're not making sense. If the US guides the UN then why would the UN go against our wishes to invade Iraq?[/QUOTE
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 is a United Nations Security Council resolution adopted unanimously by the United Nations Security Council on November 8, 2002, offering Iraq under Saddam Hussein "a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations" that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284).

The "final opportunity" was not complied with so the appropriate action to disarm Saddam Hussein was taken by the US and a coalition of other states.

What part of UNANiMOUS do you not understand?

What part of "Never Authorized an Invasion of Iraq" do you not understand?

Condi Rice..and the Bush administration was not focused on Al Qaeda. They were, however, focused on "thwarting" the rise of China and Russia as military and economic super powers. They started breaking treaties like the anti-missile defense, and making provocative moves against each..like sending spy planes into Chinese air space despite protests from the Chinese government.

Which is why Condi Rice was an utter failure as Secretary of State and a poor choice.

I never said 9/11 didn't happen in the Bush presidency? Clinton turns down OBL and then 9/11 happens. Who was President when it happened is immaterial. It happened because Clinton didn't get OBL. That's the point and that's a fact. No rabbit trails.

First off..you've done nothing or very little to "prove" Clinton "turned down OBL". In fact you skipped over a direct question to you.

Second..even if Osama bin Laden had been killed..do you really think that 9/11 would not have happened? The plans were in motion for quite some time. And it seems..he had very little to do with the tactical planning.

9/11 might have been stopped had the focus not shifted from "swatting flies" to provoking super powers. Which is what happened once the Bush administration started working.

I gave a link. Bill Clinton confirmed it in an interview. Your denial is your problem. Clinton had opportunities to capture and kill OBL and turned it down. You're just gonna have to deal with reailty. I can't fix it for you.

You're not making sense. If the US guides the UN then why would the UN go against our wishes to invade Iraq?[/QUOTE

The "final opportunity" was not complied with so the appropriate action to disarm Saddam Hussein was taken by the US and a coalition of other states.

What part of UNANiMOUS do you not understand?

What part of "Never Authorized an Invasion of Iraq" do you not understand?

The foreign policy of the USA is not dictated by the UN. The congress of the USA voted to invade Iraq.

O'Donnell kept interrupting Dr. Rice because she kept giving boilerplate, and incorrect, answers. We've heard this all before.

True. The only appropriate criticism of O'Donnell would be why he bothered with this pointless interview at all.

Basically..yeah..in this case.

But she's smart and photogenic. It would have been more interesting to talk about the shifting of US policy toward Russia and China.

O'Donnell kept interrupting Dr. Rice because she kept giving boilerplate, and incorrect, answers. We've heard this all before.

True. The only appropriate criticism of O'Donnell would be why he bothered with this pointless interview at all.

But she's smart and photogenic. It would have been more interesting to talk about the shifting of US policy toward Russia and China.

Yep, she's smart and she is strong. She shut the liar right down and spanked his ass. Talk about a school boy.......

I gave a link. Bill Clinton confirmed it in an interview. Your denial is your problem. Clinton had opportunities to capture and kill OBL and turned it down. You're just gonna have to deal with reailty. I can't fix it for you.

Osama had not yet killed thousands of American had he?

Now when your guy walked away from thge hunt for Osama to go into Iraq based on lies why did you think that was a great idea?

Osama had not yet killed thousands of American had he?

Now when your guy walked away from thge hunt for Osama to go into Iraq based on lies why did you think that was a great idea?

What does the fact 9/11 had not happened yet have to do with anything? You're gonna make yourself dizzy. Stop the spinning. OBL was wanted and Clinton was told OBL was available for the taking and Clinton turned it down. Deal with the facts and turn off the recording in your head. You'll be less confused.

Denial of what?

I addressed your link.

And Sudan denied ever making those overtures.

Yep, she's smart and she is strong. She shut the liar right down and spanked his ass. Talk about a school boy.......

She did no such thing.

She looked like somepone who refused to answer the tuff questions as well as admitted they dropped the Ball on OBL and allowed us to be hit on their watch.

Gore would not have dropped the ball, the Clinton admin was already tracking OBL and AQ.

911 very well may have NEVER taken place if Gore and the people had not been cheated out of the election.

Go Ask Richard Clarke

So it doesn't matter what the UN says as whether we should invade Iraq or not. Are you confused?
Again.

The UN basically deals with foreign issues that the United States deems to messy to get involved with..or needs help with.

It also acts as a method of avoiding war. It's success on that is debatable..but I would say it's gotten us out of some pretty big pickles.

If this is to complicated for you to understand..please let me know.

Last edited:

that's about right.

add the fact that they bushies refused to be briefed on OBL and only wanted to be briefed on iraq... along with baby bush ignoring the PDB and saying "ok, you covered your ass" to the intel people who warned him obl was using planes... and further ignoring the fact they KNEW there were people taking flying lessons who asked to be taught how to STEER jets but not be taught how to take off and land them.

yeah, hang 9/11 on clinton... and take the credit for killing obl from obama.

the rightwingnuts are delusional.

Denial of what?

I addressed your link.

And Sudan denied ever making those overtures.

Let me get this straight. You are denying Bill Clinton turned down opportunities to capture or kill OBL. Is that correct?

that's about right.

add the fact that they bushies refused to be briefed on OBL and only wanted to be briefed on iraq... along with baby bush ignoring the PDB and saying "ok, you covered your ass" to the intel people who warned him obl was using planes... and further ignoring the fact they KNEW there were people taking flying lessons who asked to be taught how to STEER jets but not be taught how to take off and land them.

yeah, hang 9/11 on clinton... and take the credit for killing obl from obama.

the rightwingnuts are delusional.

Bill Clinton turned down opportunities to capture OBL and kill him. Fact. To argue otherwise is delusional.

This pretty much made my day.

msnbc.com Video Player
".....after 9/11...."

handjob.gif

What great fuckin' timing!!!!

"As the new Administration took office, Rice kept Clarke in his job as counterterrorism czar. In early February, he repeated to Vice President Dick Cheney the briefing he had given to Rice and Hadley. There are differing opinions on how seriously the Bush team took Clarke's warnings. Some members of the outgoing Administration got the sense that the Bush team thought the Clintonites had become obsessed with terrorism. "It was clear," says one, "that this was not the same priority to them that it was to us."

For other observers, however, the real point was not that the new Administration dismissed the terrorist theat. On the contrary, Rice, Hadley and Cheney, says an official, "all got that it was important." The question is, How high a priority did terrorism get? Clarke says that dealing with al-Qaeda "was in the top tier of issues reviewed by the Bush Administration." But other topics got far more attention.

The whole Bush national-security team was ob$e$$ed with setting up a national $y$tem of mi$$ile defen$e."

Hell....Condi Rice was a TOKEN-APPOINTEE.....as reward for all her years in....

If you Teabaggers weren't so History-challenged, ya' wouldn't seem so fuckin' DUMB!!!

eusa_doh.gif
eusa_doh.gif
eusa_doh.gif
eusa_doh.gif
eusa_doh.gif

Forum List

Back