Condi Rice Takes Lawrence O'Donnell To School

So what does that mean? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Means nothing to who?

Like I previously posted the UN would not authorize an invasion of Iraq. That's pretty significant.

And there's plenty of UN resolutions..that get ignored. Israel was suppose to withdraw it's forces from occupied terrorities.

How's that working out?

But you just said the UN is guided by the US. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Which is it?

Which is what?

It is guided by the United States. Heck..the United States started it. It's headquarters is in New York.

It is guided by the United States and the Iraq invasion was a bridge to far.

As Condi told O'Dummell.......The UN had 17 resolutions saying Saddam was a threat. Go talk to them.
The terrorist apartheid state of Israel has far more resolutions against it then Saddam ever had.

When are we going to invade them?? :doubt:

During the 61th Session of the General Assembly (2006-2007), the time spent by ambassadors on enacting the 22nd anti-Israel resolution of the year was time not spent on passing a single resolution on Sudan's genocide in Darfur.

What Israel does to defend it's people, 20% of them arab muslims, is self defense and can in no way be compared too or called genocide.

The UN is dominated by anti-semetic third world countries and spends millions of dollars every year condemning Israel, many times for nit picking nonsense.

Means nothing to who?

Like I previously posted the UN would not authorize an invasion of Iraq. That's pretty significant.

And there's plenty of UN resolutions..that get ignored. Israel was suppose to withdraw it's forces from occupied terrorities.

How's that working out?

But you just said the UN is guided by the US. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Which is it?

Which is what?

It is guided by the United States. Heck..the United States started it. It's headquarters is in New York.

You're not making sense. If the US guides the UN then why would the UN go against our wishes to invade Iraq?

These asswipes have got themselves tangled up. Pathetically sad.

Why would ANY American refuse facts?

Why do you love your party and your failed ideas MORE than you love your country?

I don't belong to any political party. Yes, let's discuss the facts.

Who won Florida, Bush or Gore?

Gore won if all the people who wanted to vote that day were allowed to vote.

Now remember that Gore also won MORE American votes that day than GWB did.

Bush won the electorial college and Gore won more American votes.

All the right had to do was knockoff enough legal voters to keep gore from winning the electorial college.

You can pretend to yourself that he was not handed the election by a biased scotus but that doesnt make you right.

Elections are about the will of the American people and NOT about who can cheat the best to keep Americans from voting.

Did all the lurkers notice what happened here? It was very interesting. All I had to do was show one of the left's propaganda tools getting schooled by someone in the know and they swarmed and attacked like mad hornets. It's pretty much over now and things are settling down. The truth is not the goal with the lefty. The goal is to shout down anything that deviates from the party line. That's why O'Dummbell kept interrupting Dr. Rice.

Why would ANY American refuse facts?

Why do you love your party and your failed ideas MORE than you love your country?

I don't belong to any political party. Yes, let's discuss the facts.

Who won Florida, Bush or Gore?

Gore won if all the people who wanted to vote that day were allowed to vote.

Now remember that Gore also won MORE American votes that day than GWB did.

Bush won the electorial college and Gore won more American votes.

All the right had to do was knockoff enough legal voters to keep gore from winning the electorial college.

You can pretend to yourself that he was not handed the election by a biased scotus but that doesnt make you right.

Elections are about the will of the American people and NOT about who can cheat the best to keep Americans from voting.

Let's take your first statement about Gore winning if all the people who wanted to vote were allowed to vote. That's a good place to start. Let's see your evidence that people were not allowed to vote.

And none of them were named Clinton you silly git.

The Clintons got took in whitewater.

Hey, we're not talking about Whitewater. We were talking about Clinton turning down opportunities to get OBL. Clinton turned down the kill of OBL and then 9/11 happens. Shame, shame.

Not true..and 9/11 happened 8 months into the Bush presidency.

Which goes back to the OP.

Condi Rice..and the Bush administration was not focused on Al Qaeda. They were, however, focused on "thwarting" the rise of China and Russia as military and economic super powers. They started breaking treaties like the anti-missile defense, and making provocative moves against each..like sending spy planes into Chinese air space despite protests from the Chinese government.

Which is why Condi Rice was an utter failure as Secretary of State and a poor choice.

Did all the lurkers notice what happened here? It was very interesting. All I had to do was show one of the left's propaganda tools getting schooled by someone in the know and they swarmed and attacked like mad hornets. It's pretty much over now and things are settling down. The truth is not the goal with the lefty. The goal is to shout down anything that deviates from the party line. That's why O'Dummbell kept interrupting Dr. Rice.

O'Donnell kept interrupting Dr. Rice because she kept giving boilerplate, and incorrect, answers. We've heard this all before.

And I've addressed all her points in previous posts.

Which is what?

You're not making sense. If the US guides the UN then why would the UN go against our wishes to invade Iraq?[/QUOTE
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 is a United Nations Security Council resolution adopted unanimously by the United Nations Security Council on November 8, 2002, offering Iraq under Saddam Hussein "a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations" that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284).

The "final opportunity" was not complied with so the appropriate action to disarm Saddam Hussein was taken by the US and a coalition of other states.

What part of UNANiMOUS do you not understand?

Last edited:
And none of them were named Clinton you silly git.

The Clintons got took in whitewater.

Hey, we're not talking about Whitewater. We were talking about Clinton turning down opportunities to get OBL. Clinton turned down the kill of OBL and then 9/11 happens. Shame, shame.

Not true..and 9/11 happened 8 months into the Bush presidency.

Which goes back to the OP.

Condi Rice..and the Bush administration was not focused on Al Qaeda. They were, however, focused on "thwarting" the rise of China and Russia as military and economic super powers. They started breaking treaties like the anti-missile defense, and making provocative moves against each..like sending spy planes into Chinese air space despite protests from the Chinese government.

Which is why Condi Rice was an utter failure as Secretary of State and a poor choice.

I never said 9/11 didn't happen in the Bush presidency? Clinton turns down OBL and then 9/11 happens. Who was President when it happened is immaterial. It happened because Clinton didn't get OBL. That's the point and that's a fact. No rabbit trails.

O'Donnell kept interrupting Dr. Rice because she kept giving boilerplate, and incorrect, answers. We've heard this all before.

What did Dr. Rice say that was incorrect? Specifically.

Which is what?

You're not making sense. If the US guides the UN then why would the UN go against our wishes to invade Iraq?

For numerous reason..the most important was the evidence presented by the United States simply wasn't compelling enough. And it was a tough case to make. Iraq was a nation that had been through several wars and withering sanctions that killed hundreds of thousands of their people. It was hard to believe that a nation so depleted of all it's resources, somehow, was able to re-constitute an ability to make weapons powerful enough to be a threat to anyone.

In other words..a bridge to far.

I dealt with that..here..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-lawrence-odonnell-to-school.html#post3639437

Which is what?

For numerous reason..the most important was the evidence presented by the United States simply wasn't compelling enough. And it was a tough case to make. Iraq was a nation that had been through several wars and withering sanctions that killed hundreds of thousands of their people. It was hard to believe that a nation so depleted of all it's resources, somehow, was able to re-constitute an ability to make weapons powerful enough to be a threat to anyone.

In other words..a bridge to far.

Nope. Interests were the motivating factor. Dr. Rice gave O'Dummbell the reasons and all the nations in the coalition. France and Russia had a special interest in Iraq. Right?

I dealt with that..here..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-lawrence-odonnell-to-school.html#post3639437

I said "specifically". Give me the quote that deals with it.

Forum List

Back