Compromise?

How does it feel to know that the Liberals objecting to keeping everyones taxes the same have no problem raising poor and middle class taxes as long as it hurts the rich as well?

well, that would have been the fiscally responsible thing to do, at this point....

we overspent and borrowed $ 6 trillion in just the Bush years and another 2 trillion since then....

Do you believe that you don't have to pay your bills? That you can borrow all you want and just renege on paying it back?

I can't pay my bills if the government takes all my money. What about that is difficult for you to understand?

It's not fiscally responsible to steal from the citizenry. It's not fiscally responsible to make it so they can't pay their bills. It's not fiscally responsible to continue growing a government that cannot be supported by the citizenry.

How does it feel to know that the Liberals objecting to keeping everyones taxes the same have no problem raising poor and middle class taxes as long as it hurts the rich as well?

well, that would have been the fiscally responsible thing to do, at this point....

we overspent and borrowed $ 6 trillion in just the Bush years and another 2 trillion since then....

Do you believe that you don't have to pay your bills? That you can borrow all you want and just renege on paying it back?

No. I simply understand that you pay things back, not by forcing the people to labor more, but by cutting the spending that is likely 80% unnecessary and merely going to the friends of those in power.

how do you pay back what we already owe by cutting spending?

Say we take in $100 and we are currently spending $130. If that's the case we are going into debt for $30.

If we cut the spending from $130 to $60. And we take in another $100. We can not only pay off the $30 debt we had, but we will have a $10 surplus.

I am very surprised I have to explain this. If you spend less than what you take in, then you can use the remaining money to pay off debt.

And it's not like this is impossible to do. We simply need to stop pretending we can spend like a drunken sailior on heroin.

Say we take in $100 and we are currently spending $130. If that's the case we are going into debt for $30.

If we cut the spending from $130 to $60. And we take in another $100. We can not only pay off the $30 debt we had, but we will have a $10 surplus.

I am very surprised I have to explain this. If you spend less than what you take in, then you can use the remaining money to pay off debt.

And it's not like this is impossible to do. We simply need to stop pretending we can spend like a drunken sailior on heroin.

avatar....we are bringing in income taxes, 1 trillion.....we are spending over 2.0 trillion.

your example is not reality.

our interest payment on our debt in just a couple of years will be 700 billion a year....almost all of what is spent JUST ON THE INTEREST PAYMENT of our debt, NOT even paying it down is our entire amount of income tax revenues....let alone the 700 billion a year we spend on our total Defense, incl homeland security.

I am SURPRISED you are soooo unaware of the reality we face???

you can dream all ya want and give all the fake examples ya want....but you sure aren't even in the ballpark on what we face imo.

Anyone who thinks that we are getting out of this hole by just cutting spending is delusional and not living in reality.

No, those who think that creating an impoverished citizenry and military will somehow bring us out of this are living in lala land.

When things reach this level, you CANNOT CONTINUE TO TAKE MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE. Have you ever dipped your fingers in history? As in the histories of France, Russia, England...fucking America? Maybe you should.

Last edited:
Oh. My. God.

well? how do you?

we can't even cut enough to STOP adding to the debt, let alone cut enough to pay down the debt we already owe?

REALITY has to come in to play at some point, eh?

Yes, it does. Which is what we keep telling you.

But you won't acknowledge it, and there's no point in arguing it with you.

no point in telling me what allie? Tell me ANYTHING that makes sense, and i am all on board....

we have to cut spending...yes, OF COURSE....but THAT still will NOT pay down the debt we have accrued....it won't even pay for the interest payment on that debt, let alone pay it down....

if we cut our yearly spending by 1 TRILLION a year, we still will go in to debt by 400 billion a year....

you need to get some sort of grasp on what big big trouble we are in....

No, those who think that creating an impoverished citizenry will somehow bring us out of this are living in lala land.

When things reach this level, you CANNOT CONTINUE TO TAKE MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE. Have any of you people read history? Read the histories of France, of Russia, of fucking England...even America. See what happens when you tax the people past their ability to pay it.

Fuck China and whomever else we owe money to. At this point, it's time to flip them the bird, beef up the military, and CUT TAXES.

well? how do you?

we can't even cut enough to STOP adding to the debt, let alone cut enough to pay down the debt we already owe?

REALITY has to come in to play at some point, eh?

no point in telling me what allie? Tell me ANYTHING that makes sense, and i am all on board....

we have to cut spending...yes, OF COURSE....but THAT still will NOT pay down the debt we have accrued....it won't even pay for the interest payment on that debt, let alone pay it down....

if we cut our yearly spending by 1 TRILLION a year, we still will go in to debt by 400 billion a year....

I have a very good grasp of it.

Check your history, nitwit. See what happens when governments tax their people beyond what they can bear, while at the same time dismantling their militaries and removing power from the people.

You end up with revolt. Starvation. Invasion. Death. Destruction. Historically speaking. Slaughter. Famine. Horror.

Is that simple enough?

I have a very good grasp of it.

Check your history, nitwit. See what happens when governments tax their people beyond what they can bear, while at the same time dismantling their militaries and removing power from the people.

You end up with revolt. Starvation. Invasion. Death. Destruction. Historically speaking. Slaughter. Famine. Horror.

Is that simple enough?

Speaking of history check out what has happened to our marginal tax rates over the last 100 years.

No, those who think that creating an impoverished citizenry will somehow bring us out of this are living in lala land.

When things reach this level, you CANNOT CONTINUE TO TAKE MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE. Have any of you people read history? Read the histories of France, of Russia, of fucking England...even America. See what happens when you tax the people past their ability to pay it.

Fuck China and whomever else we owe money to. At this point, it's time to flip them the bird, beef up the military, and CUT TAXES.

foolish dear....

if we skip out on our bills then our credit rating hits the crapper, for everyone....interest rates go sky high.....so instead of taxes it will be interest rates that strap us and keeps us in the crapper only worse, the sewer.

and where in the heck do you get the MONEY to beef up our military?

sheesh.....silly silly silly!

Fuck off, Artie. Who gives a rusty fuck? Why not try addressing the actual subject matter instead of interjecting silly ad hominems? If you have a point, make it. Otherwise, shut the fuck up, punk.

foolish dear....

if we skip out on our bills then our credit rating hits the crapper, for everyone....interest rates go sky high.....so instead of taxes it will be interest rates that strap us and keeps us in the crapper only worse, the sewer.

and where in the heck do you get the MONEY to beef up our military?

sheesh.....silly silly silly!

Don't condescend to me, you stupid bitch. It won't make me nicer to somebody who will dance to the guilloitine because she has no comprehension of how the real world works.

China won't get their money if the people are starving.

Get it?

Fuck off, Artie. Who gives a rusty fuck? Why not try addressing the actual subject matter instead of interjecting silly ad hominems? If you have a point, make it. Otherwise, shut the fuck up, punk.

:lol:

Looks like someone didn't like their narrative getting derailed with facts.

What is factual about telling me to look up nonsensical crap? Without making a point of his own, incidentally. There's nothing more annoying than a little shit who comes late to the party and goes "Oh YEAH!" like they have some inkling of what is going on at the fight.

I'll stand by while you and Care stroke each other in private, and try to come up with some intelligent debate.

Forum List

Back