Communist regimes killed some 100 million people — roughly 4 times the number killed by the Nazis

Communist regimes killed some 100 million people — roughly 4 times the number killed by the Nazis. I just wonder what Stalinists´ whitewashers will say about this fact ...

"The 20th century was "red" indeed — red with the blood of communism's victims. The death toll of communism, cited in "The Black Book of Communism," is simply staggering: In the USSR, nearly 20 million dead; China, 65 million; Vietnam, 1 million; Cambodia, 2 million; Eastern Europe, 1 million; Africa, 1.7 million; Afghanistan, 1.5 million; North Korea: 2 million (and counting). In all, Communist regimes killed some 100 million people — roughly four times the number killed by the Nazis — making communism the most murderous ideology in human history. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...9f28e0-c5c3-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html

related EP calls to counter Russia's attempts to whitewash Soviet crimes and rewrite history - LRT
The fails as a false comparison fallacy.

For the comparison to be valid you need to identify a specific communist regime to compare with the Nazis.

Or you’d need to compare all fascist regimes with all communist regimes.

Historian and author Stephen Kotkin of Princeton University and Stanford University's Hoover Institution talks with EconTalk host Russ Roberts about the historical significance of the life and work of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Solzhenitsyn's birth. https://www.econtalk.org/stephen-kotk...

....you are another idiot that confuses members stating facts with emotion
hahahhahahah
You stated no facts. You got angry that Communism was criticized.

What a piece of shit you are.
laughs and laughs today from you people--I'm loving it!!
.....so--I ask you, Russia's, China's Vietnam's Cambodia's and all the countries that were named in the OP were NOT four times greater than Germany's???!!!!!!
hahahhahahaha
Russian population 1940 alone was about THREE times Germany
So...that makes people killed by Communists...somehow less dead?

You done fucked up in this thread. Perhaps you should stop compounding it.
hahahahhahahahah--you also need to learn some math
hitler and stalin weren't that bad--they just went a little too far
Math has nothing to do with it.
!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!
hahahahahahh = then why all the numbers in the title????!!!
'''four times''....''100 million''!!!!!
yes--math has everything to do with it!!!!

i see your point your dirty commie Stalinist whitewasher 100 million people killed , raped , etc is nothing big deal for you

Bingo!
Mentally ill Leftists see no value in individual Human rights. But they worship the iron fist of the State because they believe Utopia only can exists where people are strictly controlled.

i see your point your dirty commie Stalinist whitewasher 100 million people killed , raped , etc is nothing big deal for you

Bingo!
Mentally ill Leftists see no value in individual Human rights. But they worship the iron fist of the State because they believe Utopia only can exists where people are strictly controlled.
this guy is a stalinist , what else we can say ....

Stalinism - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Stalinism

Stalinism is the means of governing and related policies implemented from 1927 to 1953 by Joseph Stalin (1878–1953). Stalinist policies and ideas that were ..

Bingo!
this guy is a stalinist , what else we can say ....

Stalinism - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Stalinism

Stalinism is the means of governing and related policies implemented from 1927 to 1953 by Joseph Stalin (1878–1953). Stalinist policies and ideas that were ..
your math is wrong--plain and simple

its not my math

The Black Book of Communism - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_Black_Book_of_Communism

The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression is a 1997 book by Stéphane Courtois, Nicolas Werth, Andrzej Paczkowski and several other European academics documenting a history of political repressions by Communist states, including genocides, extrajudicial executions, deportations, killing population in labor ...
..so you agree---the commies have not killed as many per capita--...you pit one country vs MANY......???!!!!

9780674076082.jpg

Former Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin received a renewed uptick of popularity ahead of this year’s Victory Day celebrations on May 9, a day celebrated in some former Soviet countries marking the anniversary of the surrender of the Nazis to the Allied Forces in 1945.

A record 70 percent of Russians hold a favorable view of Stalin and his policies and methods, according to the latest Levada Center polls published on April 16, 2019. Under Stalin’s rule, millions of Soviet citizens suffered mass arrests, deportations, starvation, and executions at the hands of the regime.

Since coming to power in the early 2000s, Russian President Vladimir Putin has led the charge in building a cult of personality around Stalin, whom he appears to view as an ideological lodestar for post-Soviet Russia. During his presidency, Putin has referred to Stalin as an “effective manager” and directed the replacement of the Russian national anthem with an adapted version of the USSR anthem. Furthermore, various symbols of Stalin can be found across the country, including monuments, souvenirs, and even a church icon. Movies glorifying Stalin are well-received in Russia, while those ridiculing him are lambasted. In 2018, for example, the Ministry of Culture banned the 2017 political satire movie “The Death of Stalin,” labeling it “part of a Western plot to destabilize the country.”
1*WfKmZBzceVgfd2SvCYmiOQ.png

I'm not sure I understand what this thread is about. Is someone trying to make the point that the Nazi's weren't so bad--no worse than a bunch of other people....
or that Stalin should be resurrected and imprisoned for his crimes....

or what?
Everybody agrees that the actions of Nazism were evil and should never be repeated

A lot of people, however, make excuses for the evil actions of Communism...and suggest we try it again.

To that, rational people say "No."
bullshit---there is no proof/etc of excusing in that link....the link just talks about the EP--they provide NO evidence
The excusing is going on in the American left. Do try to keep up.
proof?
I could provide none you'd accept. You keep praising Communism with faint damns.

Just so you know -- your acceptance is not required.

You stated no facts. You got angry that Communism was criticized.

What a piece of shit you are.
laughs and laughs today from you people--I'm loving it!!
.....so--I ask you, Russia's, China's Vietnam's Cambodia's and all the countries that were named in the OP were NOT four times greater than Germany's???!!!!!!
hahahhahahaha
Russian population 1940 alone was about THREE times Germany
So...that makes people killed by Communists...somehow less dead?

You done fucked up in this thread. Perhaps you should stop compounding it.
hahahahhahahahah--you also need to learn some math
hitler and stalin weren't that bad--they just went a little too far
Math has nothing to do with it.
!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!
hahahahahahh = then why all the numbers in the title????!!!
'''four times''....''100 million''!!!!!
yes--math has everything to do with it!!!!
If that lets you feel better about yourself, sure.

What hypocritical cowards they are.
Praising the Communists and licking their boots....but hiding behind and hugging the American flag for protection.

Maybe some Communist regime will harvest their organs and put them out of their misery.
Their brain and heart could be extracted with no noticeable changes.

I'm not sure I understand what this thread is about. Is someone trying to make the point that the Nazi's weren't so bad--no worse than a bunch of other people....
or that Stalin should be resurrected and imprisoned for his crimes....

or what?
Everybody agrees that the actions of Nazism were evil and should never be repeated

A lot of people, however, make excuses for the evil actions of Communism...and suggest we try it again.

bullshit---there is no proof/etc of excusing in that link....the link just talks about the EP--they provide NO evidence
proof?
I could provide none you'd accept. You keep praising Communism with faint damns.

so -your post are really crap--got it

proof?

My posts are really crap -- to you.

To normal people, people who see what's going on, people who recognize the threat posed by people programmed with Marxist ideas -- my posts are spot-on.

Now this is the part where you unoriginally say BUT THE COLD WARS OVER WHY ARE YOU LIVING IN THE PAST.

Do me a favor. Skip it this time. It was boring the first time I heard a Commie apologist say it, and it hasn't gotten any more entertaining since.

proof?

My posts are really crap -- to you.

To normal people, people who see what's going on, people who recognize the threat posed by people programmed with Marxist ideas -- my posts are spot-on.

Now this is the part where you unoriginally say BUT THE COLD WARS OVER WHY ARE YOU LIVING IN THE PAST.

Do me a favor. Skip it this time. It was boring the first time I heard a Commie apologist say it, and it hasn't gotten any more entertaining since.
and in your above post you also have NO proof---hahahahahhah
and you wonder why your posts are crap..hahahahhah

its not my math

The Black Book of Communism - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_Black_Book_of_Communism

The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression is a 1997 book by Stéphane Courtois, Nicolas Werth, Andrzej Paczkowski and several other European academics documenting a history of political repressions by Communist states, including genocides, extrajudicial executions, deportations, killing population in labor ...
..so you agree---the commies have not killed as many per capita--...you pit one country vs MANY......???!!!!
no, dont you know that 20 000 000 is an outdated number , dirty "russian" commies killed around 40 000 000 people its for sure

Forum List

Back