"common Sense Gun Laws"

Throughout these forums I see people calling for the need for "common sense" gun laws. Some have claimed we need to prosecute gun dealers whether they follow the rules or not.

I am curious, what "common sense" gun laws do you think we need to pass and why?

I can see where requiring a safe storage of loaded firearms, in houses where children live or can be reasonably expected to be, might be a good idea. That would cut down on the number of accidental deaths.

What else?

Keep the second amendment.

Mandatory gun training when purchasing certain (if not all) firearms..

See...when the conservatives want to have voter I.D. to protect the vote...the left bitches and moans that voting is a right and that you can't force people to pay for I.D. to use a right...of course they always forget that local governments offer free I.D. to the poor so they can still vote...but let's not quibble over the truth...

So...when you charge fees just to practice a right, you are essentially creating a "poll tax" on that right...the thing the democrats did to free blacks to keep them from voting after the republicans freed the slaves...

So mandatory gun training sounds nice, sounds smart...but it is an infringement on a right if you charge money for it...since the poor and sometimes the middle class can't afford the training...

Throughout these forums I see people calling for the need for "common sense" gun laws. Some have claimed we need to prosecute gun dealers whether they follow the rules or not.

I am curious, what "common sense" gun laws do you think we need to pass and why?

I can see where requiring a safe storage of loaded firearms, in houses where children live or can be reasonably expected to be, might be a good idea. That would cut down on the number of accidental deaths.

What else?

I feel the same way about voting. or what about women wanting an abortion having to watch films of fetuses?

or what about women wanting an abortion having to watch films of fetuses?

Well, an abortion is not a right...it is killing another human being...so there is no problem with requiring it...before they give permission for another human life to be taken...

or what about women wanting an abortion having to watch films of fetuses?

Well, an abortion is not a right...it is killing another human being...so there is no problem with requiring it...before they give permission for another human life to be taken...

many gun banners believe abortion is a constitutional right

they crap their shorts if someone suggests a waiting period before a D&C

What else?
What do you think that would accomplish, and why?

Last edited:
Miller was granted standing in his argument that the 2nd protected his right to own the weapon in question.
This necessarily means that the court saw the 2nd as a protection of a right of the individual, not tied to service in the militia.
And so, while Miller does not literally express the sentiment, in practice it states exactly that.
Correct.
Jillian would do well to take a class in basic law or attempt to gain an understanding of how American Jurisprudence works.
Jillian claims to be an attorney.
Yeah, I laughed too.

i know it makes you idiots feel better about your lack of education and knowledge to say that. but no worries, loon.

i really miss when this board had decent people on it. there used to be place for decent discussion. you trash mouth loons are useless
who is this malodorous snatch and why is she insulting patriotic gun owners?
Who's the trash who thinks he's a patriot?
What a thoughtful response -- a clear indication of your intelligence and education.
:lol:

Thanks for generously letting free people keep a right. But this is a shall issue state, no training required. We are not having the problems the fearful left projects. So either reality is in error or you are.

My ex-boyfriend's son just went through an NRA training course and is going to apply for his license to carry. Now, here in MA, you have to get your application approved through the chief of police. One of my neighbors (who used to drive an armored truck and has a CCW license) said that the chief is a real bastard, so we don't know what is going to happen with this license. I will keep you updated as to what happens. Should be interesting. :)

My ex-boyfriend's son just went through an NRA training course and is going to apply for his license to carry. Now, here in MA, you have to get your application approved through the chief of police. One of my neighbors (who used to drive an armored truck and has a CCW license) said that the chief is a real bastard, so we don't know what is going to happen with this license. I will keep you updated as to what happens. Should be interesting. :)

If you want an example of lack of equal protection, this is it. the SAME person can move from one county to another in the same state, and depending on the mood of the Sheriff, he can or cannot get a CCW.

If you want an example of lack of equal protection, this is it. the SAME person can move from one county to another in the same state, and depending on the mood of the Sheriff, he can or cannot get a CCW.

Well, the instructor of the class my "stepson" took said that if he is denied, he should go to the NRA for help. :dunno: He said they have lawyers that will help you in situations like that.

I remember that a month or so ago, I had posted an article on one of the gun threads about Massachusetts new law regarding the chiefs of police having so much power and that if an application is denied, it is to be looked over by some kind of review board or something to that effect (I can't really remember and would have to search for that article again). Anyways, I don't know if that has taken effect yet or not. We'll see. ;)

Firearms training should be part of high school curriculum. EVERYONE should know the basics of how a firearm works. Just teaching the fact that dropping the magazine from a semi-auto does NOT make it safe would save lives. Or that the hammer resting on a cartridge in a rimfire revolver can cause it to discharge, days, weeks, or years after it's stored. These are things everyone should know, regardless of whether they plan to purchase a firearm.

Firearms training should be part of high school curriculum. EVERYONE should know the basics of how a firearm works. Just teaching the fact that dropping the magazine from a semi-auto does NOT make it safe would save lives. Or that the hammer resting on a cartridge in a rimfire revolver can cause it to discharge, days, weeks, or years after it's stored. These are things everyone should know, regardless of whether they plan to purchase a firearm.
I agree with all that and they used to have firing ranges at some schools but the libs have been busy changing America and need more changes to fix their changes, it never ends with them.

Well, my step son has found out that the application to get his license to carry costs $100!! I was actually kind of shocked. Does that sound right to any of you, and how can they get away with that?

Well, my step son has found out that the application to get his license to carry costs $100!! I was actually kind of shocked. Does that sound right to any of you, and how can they get away with that?

It's called a "Sin Tax".

It's $60 here last I did it but it's good for 5 years, so it amounts to $12 a year.

It's called a "Sin Tax".

I didn't realize that would apply to a right. Are you sure about that? Regardless, I can't believe they can get away with that. It just doesn't seem right IMO.

Forum List

Back