Comics Credo

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Isn't it funny how comics-stylized storytelling always highlights 'democracy demonology'?

What does the Middle East think of pro-democracy comics-adapted Hollywood (USA) films such as Captain America: Civil War?

====

Peter Parker, the optimistic Daily Bugle photojournalist born with a speech impediment, was respected widely for his faith in civics and due process. People in NYC sometimes praised him and wondered how a person with an obvious communication handicap was so optimistic about urbanization politics. Peter always wrote captions for his revealing Daily Bugle photographs designed to convey a celebration of democratic values; captions such as, "Cops need a break!" and "Traffic is a sign of safety!"

Peter, bitten by a genetically-experimental spider at Oscorp while on assignment for the Bugle, began changing. He could climb on walls (like a spider), soar to great heights (like a grasshopper), and shoot cobwebs to tie things up and hang onto (like a spider). Peter's love of comic books and fascination with civics and jurisprudence gave him the thought to become a costumed (and masked) vigilante. A specially homemade outfit was all he needed to start calling himself the NYC vigilante Spider-Man.

NYC was being threatened by two new menaces. Doctor Octopus and Doctor Doom. The former, a mutated mad scientist, had mechanical tentacles attached to his body to enhance his ability to grab multiple heavy objects (and hurl them); the latter, an emotionally deformed terrorist, created strange schemes designed to promote panic and subvert the control of the NYPD. Spider-Man was ultra-conscious now of his duty to deal with these two anti-Americans.

Doctor Octopus and Doctor Doom teamed up and sent a notice to the Daily Bugle:

"The Bugle is celebrated for having inspiring photographs captioned by their respected photojournalist Peter Parker, a shrewd visionary who nevertheless suffers from a communication handicap. We want Parker to take photos of Spider-Man and expose the silent vigilante's secret identity to NYC; otherwise, we will plant explosives in the Bugle office building."

Peter was horrified and was unsure about what to do. "Should I show NY that I am indeed Spider-Man, or should I put on my Spidey costume and soar in to simply tackle Octopus and Doom before they have a chance to plant the explosives?" Peter thought greatly and realized that to save NY, he would have to show everyone that Doctor Doom and Doctor Octopus were, as their names implied, anti-democratic --- and that's just what he did.

====

villainy2.jpg

Forum List

Back