comic Urinates on Jesus Painting

I don't see making a joke about some one in good fun to be a problem. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then we may as well not laugh at all. For instance, a joke about Christian hypocrisy does not bother me, but an downright attempt to insult someone using that hypocrisy is different to me. There can be funny "dumb blonde" jokes and then there can be jokes about blondes that are intended to insult.

Basically, I think it is the intention that is the key. One person can tell a "bald" joke, I'm bald... or balding, and it can be funny. Another person, can tell the exact same joke, but if he is using the joke negatively it can be insulting.

Immie

yea.. NOTHING comes to mind regarding Ghook talking about muslims quite like "good fun".

:lol:

oooook.

:thup:

Funny... I wasn't discussing GHook. I was discussing that there is a difference between telling a joke and intentionally insulting someone.

Immie
The pictures of Mo were intentionally insulting. Just putting one in print is considered an insult.

There is no difference.

Thanks, GB, no I had not seen the episode, as I don't get HBO, but I was replying based on what was said here. As I said, I find the idea of peeing on anyone (no, I am not into "watersports" sex) as intentionally insulting and therefore uncalled for. Context is everything.

Immie

No! I refuse to believe it!

yea.. NOTHING comes to mind regarding Ghook talking about muslims quite like "good fun".

:lol:

oooook.

:thup:

Funny... I wasn't discussing GHook. I was discussing that there is a difference between telling a joke and intentionally insulting someone.

Immie
The pictures of Mo were intentionally insulting. Just putting one in print is considered an insult.

There is no difference.

In your opinion. Do you know what the context of those cartoons were? Do you know what the intention of the artist was? Sounds like you think you do.

Immie

It's one thing to question mysticism, but to do that is an insult.

Another insult is that they made Jesus look like this:

Considering what part of the world he came from, he probably looked more like this:

Can you not make points with words?

...a picture is worth a thousand words...people seem to forget where Jesus comes from...

now I have to watch David's show:tongue: he sounds great

Immie

There is no difference.

In your opinion. Do you know what the context of those cartoons were? Do you know what the intention of the artist was? Sounds like you think you do.

Immie
:rofl:

Mo with a bomb in his turban? GMAFB.

It doesn't matter if they were perfectly innocent pictures of the guy...it is forbidden in Islam to print pictures of him. Get it?

There is no difference.

Immie

It doesn't matter if they were perfectly innocent pictures of the guy...it is forbidden in Islam to print pictures of him. Get it?

So what if it is forbidden by them?

Do they respect our beliefs? Get it?

It is not an insult to draw a picture of someone. It is an insult to piss on someone.

Draw a picture of Mo giving Jesus a BJ, now that would be an insult and it would not be funny.

Just because I don't follow Islamic law and draw a picture of Mohammed, does not mean that I am insulting muslims. I could draw a very respectful picture depicting mohammed sitting with Jesus and the 12 Apostles at the Last Supper and not be insulting towards muslims regardless of the fact that many muslims would not like the picture.

Immie

Immie

It is not an insult to draw a picture of someone. It is an insult to piss on someone.

Draw a picture of Mo giving Jesus a BJ, now that would be an insult and it would not be funny.

Just because I don't follow Islamic law and draw a picture of Mohammed, does not mean that I am insulting muslims. I could draw a very respectful picture depicting mohammed sitting with Jesus and the 12 Apostles at the Last Supper and not be insulting towards muslims regardless of the fact that many muslims would not like the picture.

Immie
LOL! You are almost as stupid as Ghook in this instance.

Do they respect our beliefs?

This is very funny. Please continue to excuse insulting Islam because "they" don't respect "our" beliefs and continue to get upset when someone insults Christians because "they" don't respect "our" beliefs.

Have a nice day.

where is the muslim outrage, they believe no prophet is better than other prophets....but no outrage anytime someone does something vile with an image of jesus....

i have a feeling if he pissed on muhammad liberals would be saying...how dare he piss off the muslim world....just like most of them said about the dutch cartoons....

liberals = hypocrites

Immie
LOL! You are almost as stupid as Ghook in this instance.

Do they respect our beliefs?

This is very funny. Please continue to excuse insulting Islam because "they" don't respect "our" beliefs and continue to get upset when someone insults Christians because "they" don't respect "our" beliefs.

Have a nice day.

Talk about stupid?

Where did I say I was upset? I don't find pissing on someone or someone's picture to be funny. I have seen plenty of jokes aimed at me that are funny.

I would have walked out of the performance had he done that TO ANYONE including Mohammed. Once again, it is the intention of the joke.

Obviously, it is you who is stupid in this case.

Have a better day!

Immie

I think this bears repeating, though I think Hitchens is a giant ass. In response to a Muslim reporter asking him "Is nothing sacred?" when he stood by his friend Salman Rushdie after writing the Satanic Versus

“No, nothing is sacred. And even if there were to be something called sacred, we mere primates wouldn’t be able to decide which book or which idol or which city was the truly holy one. Thus, the only thing that should be upheld at all costs and without qualification is the right of free expression, because if that goes, then so do all other claims of right as well.”
- Christopher Hitchens

where is the muslim outrage, they believe no prophet is better than other prophets....but no outrage anytime someone does something vile with an image of jesus....

i have a feeling if he pissed on muhammad liberals would be saying...how dare he piss off the muslim world....just like most of them said about the dutch cartoons....

liberals = hypocrites

Yurt...are you outraged that a picture of Jesus was pissed on?

I find it downright hilarious that Larry David peeing on the image of Christ has somehow been made to be about Muslims. :rofl:

I mean shit, I like to bash the slims just as much as the next guy (assuming Ghooknose isn't the next guy), but c'mon man! :lol:

im looking at the news and i cant find a single event, no one covering the huge crowd of christians gathered in the streets all over America calling for this assholes death, burning the prick in effigy, nothing?

im looking at the news and i cant find a single event, no one covering the huge crowd of christians gathered in the streets all over America calling for this assholes death, burning the prick in effigy, nothing?

Because we should always base acceptable behavior on the actions of extremists..........

Because we should always base acceptable behavior on the actions of extremists..........

did you see it on the news? i havent been able to find it.

Apparently the point of my post went over your head like a tent.

And clearly this upsets you huh?

Perhaps you should quit being such a pussy and lead the charge. :cool:

Forum List

Back