comic Urinates on Jesus Painting

I would fear the day that a Jew when on TV and pissed on a picture of Moe! Hell people die just by printing a picture of Moe!
And you weren't critical of the people that printed the pictures, were you? Of course not. :lol:

Except there is a difference between a comic strip joke making someone look like an ape or what ever the depiction of Mohammed was and urinating on someone or even someone's picture. A big difference.

Immie
There's no difference in my mind. Both are disrespecting a religion. How do you see it differently?

And you weren't critical of the people that printed the pictures, were you? Of course not. :lol:

Except there is a difference between a comic strip joke making someone look like an ape or what ever the depiction of Mohammed was and urinating on someone or even someone's picture. A big difference.

Immie
There's no difference in my mind. Both are disrespecting a religion. How do you see it differently?

You call me stupid, but you can't see different levels of disrespect! :eusa_pray:

BTW, since it's obvious that the "outraged" crowd hasn't seen the show, he didn't intentionally whizz on the picture of Jesus. He mistakenly splashed urine on it because he was on a new pill that caused him to piss like a horse. It wasn't a political statement.

Putting the character in awkward situations and watching him bumble around in it is the show's whole shtick.

Deal with it. Or don't. Just save your feaux outrage.

BTW, what the fuck does this have to do with Mohammed?

Some of you people are absurd.

Immie

You call me stupid, but you can't see different levels of disrespect! :eusa_pray:
Printing a picture of Mo and peeing on a picture of Jesus are both equally disrespectful things to do. You can pretend all you want that they aren't, but then you'd have to admit that you are as disrespectful of Muslims as you are claiming this man/show/cable station are disrespectful of Christians.

Yes, you are stupid.

BTW, since it's obvious that the "outraged" crowd hasn't seen the show, he didn't intentionally whizz on the picture of Jesus. He mistakenly splashed urine on it because he was on a new pill that caused him to piss like a horse. It wasn't a political statement.

Putting the character in awkward situations and watching him bumble around in it is the show's whole shtick.

ghook hates to miss an opportunity to bash the muslims. it makes him feel all tingly and assimilated and shit.

ghook hates to miss an opportunity to bash the muslims. it makes him feel all tingly and assimilated and shit.

I guess it's not so fun when you find out that mocking a religion is a two-way street, huh?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Immie

I don't see making a joke about some one in good fun to be a problem. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then we may as well not laugh at all. For instance, a joke about Christian hypocrisy does not bother me, but an downright attempt to insult someone using that hypocrisy is different to me. There can be funny "dumb blonde" jokes and then there can be jokes about blondes that are intended to insult.

Basically, I think it is the intention that is the key. One person can tell a "bald" joke, I'm bald... or balding, and it can be funny. Another person, can tell the exact same joke, but if he is using the joke negatively it can be insulting.

Immie

can you imagine the shit storm if he pissed on Jesus? :lol:

can you imagine the difference of Ghook's response had it been Larry David pissing on a painting of Mohamed?

Not one christian was harmed during the filming of David's show. Let Larry David do what he wants and let those who disagree think about Larry David what they want.

Well he didn't fuckhead, so why bring it up!

Why not stick to defacing Jesus and Christian by as arrogant asshole!

I bring it up to illustrate how worthless your input is due to your overwhelming racist double standard.

David's actions are a matter of free speech. He didn't cross any line, hatemonger. I said the same thing when Mohammed was turned into a cartoon.

ANYONE WANT TO GUESS HOW DIFFERENT GHOOKS RESPONSE WAS TO MOHAMMED BEING LAMPOONED? just take a quick guess at how different his reaction was...

:rofl:

:cuckoo:

can you imagine the difference of Ghook's response had it been Larry David pissing on a painting of Mohamed?

Not one christian was harmed during the filming of David's show. Let Larry David do what he wants and let those who disagree think about Larry David what they want.

Well he didn't fuckhead, so why bring it up!

Why not stick to defacing Jesus and Christian by as arrogant asshole!

how's that ignore button working for you, hooker?

:lol:

no shit.

He also breaks up a baptism by mistake! None of those things compare to pissing on a picture of Jesus!
Are you this stupid in real life? Of course they are, he's poking fun at people's beliefs.

In this instance he's laughing at people that worship pieces of toast or oil slicks in the road because they think they see Jesus in it.

Such fauxrage.

So I'm stupid because I think there are lines that shouldn't be crossed? Note Ravi, lines that shouldn't be crossed also applies to Christians!

but NOT muslims! Scroll up see Ghook thank the guy wondering why David didn't piss on Mohammed.

getting all buddy buddy with christians is nothing more than a zionist attempt and hiding behind the pant leg of the west.

I would fear the day that a Jew when on TV and pissed on a picture of Moe! Hell people die just by printing a picture of Moe!

Immie

yea there is a difference: YOUR OPINION of which is worse. nothing more, nothing less.

Immie

I don't see making a joke about some one in good fun to be a problem. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then we may as well not laugh at all. For instance, a joke about Christian hypocrisy does not bother me, but an downright attempt to insult someone using that hypocrisy is different to me. There can be funny "dumb blonde" jokes and then there can be jokes about blondes that are intended to insult.

Basically, I think it is the intention that is the key. One person can tell a "bald" joke, I'm bald... or balding, and it can be funny. Another person, can tell the exact same joke, but if he is using the joke negatively it can be insulting.

Immie

yea.. NOTHING comes to mind regarding Ghook talking about muslims quite like "good fun".

oooook.

:thup:

Can one of you computer savvy posters make for me three of those Calvin (from calvin & hobbs) pissing gif's? One with him peeing on a crucifix, one on Mohammed and one on the star of David? I'd like to rotate them as my avatar.

Can one of you computer savvy posters make for me three of those Calvin (from calvin & hobbs) pissing gif's? One with him peeing on a crucifix, one on Mohammed and one on the star of David? I'd like to rotate them as my avatar.

Or better yet, one with him pissing on all three. :eusa_pray:

Have you people even seen the episode? You are all getting worked up over nothing. First off, he didnt mean to pee on the painting, and secondly, it was only a single drop of pee that got on the painting which landed right where Jesus's tear duct is, so it appeared as though the painting was crying after that drop went down his face an inch or two. The owners of the painting thought that it was a miracle, not knowing that Larry had accidentally gotten a drop of pee on it.

It was a funny episode. You people need to fucking relax. Yes, people would be up in arms if it had been a picture of mohammed, but that wouldnt make any sense, seeing how muslims dont keep pictures of mohammed in the bathroom, let alone anywhere else.

Immie

yea.. NOTHING comes to mind regarding Ghook talking about muslims quite like "good fun".

oooook.

:thup:

Funny... I wasn't discussing GHook. I was discussing that there is a difference between telling a joke and intentionally insulting someone.

Immie

Have you people even seen the episode? You are all getting worked up over nothing. First off, he didnt mean to pee on the painting, and secondly, it was only a single drop of pee that got on the painting which landed right where Jesus's tear duct is, so it appeared as though the painting was crying after that drop went down his face an inch or two. The owners of the painting thought that it was a miracle, not knowing that Larry had accidentally gotten a drop of pee on it.

It was a funny episode. You people need to fucking relax. Yes, people would be up in arms if it had been a picture of mohammed, but that wouldnt make any sense, seeing how muslims dont keep pictures of mohammed in the bathroom, let alone anywhere else.

Thanks, GB, no I had not seen the episode, as I don't get HBO, but I was replying based on what was said here. As I said, I find the idea of peeing on anyone (no, I am not into "watersports" sex) as intentionally insulting and therefore uncalled for. Context is everything.

Immie

Forum List

Back