Comey's Memos Contained Classified Info

Oops!

Comey’s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material

How about that. :mellow:

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a Columbia University lawyer friend. He asked that lawyer to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

“So you didn’t consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document?,” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) asked Comey on June 8. “You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?”

“Correct,” Comey answered. “I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.”

Comey?s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material | TheHill

This puts Trump in a Catch 22. If the memos are Secret that means the information is facts, and therefore Comey told the truth and Trump is a liar. If Comey lied in the memos then they can't be classified as Secret. So... pick your poison.

it doesnt mean that at all

it means comey wrongly released classified information

The government doesn't classify lies as Secret. If it was classified that means it is true, and Comey told the truth and Trump lied.

you dont know what is on the memos that is classified

Oops!

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a Columbia University lawyer friend. He asked that lawyer to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

“So you didn’t consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document?,” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) asked Comey on June 8. “You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?”

“Correct,” Comey answered. “I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.”

Comey?s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material | TheHill
So?

He gave them to a friend

A real no no

-Geaux

Oops!

This puts Trump in a Catch 22. If the memos are Secret that means the information is facts, and therefore Comey told the truth and Trump is a liar. If Comey lied in the memos then they can't be classified as Secret. So... pick your poison.
You're kidding, right?

I'm not sure the Republicans have the stones to go after Comey. And its a real stretch that Mueller will

-Geaux

And Comey lied to Congress about it.
No, he didn't. He told Congress some of his memos contained classified information.
He lied

Comey in June: My Trump Memos Were Unclassified, Not a ‘Government Document’
Comey testified some of the meetings with the president were classified and that some of the memos were also classified.

HEINRICH: The memos that you wrote, you wrote — did you write all nine of them in a way that was designed to prevent them from needing classification?

COMEY: No. On a few of the occasions, I wrote — I sent emails to my chief of staff on some of the brief phone conversations I had. The first one was a classified briefing. Though it was in a conference room at Trump Tower, it was a classified briefing. I wrote that on a classified device. The one I started typing in the car, that was a classified laptop I started working on.

Oops!

Anytime he talks to the President it is considered confidential.....Comey will be sharing the same cell as susan rice, loretta lynch and hilary by the time this is over.
Bullshit

Oops!

Anytime he talks to the President it is considered confidential.....Comey will be sharing the same cell as susan rice, loretta lynch and hilary by the time this is over.

I know this is difficult for you to understand so I'll say it again. The government doesn't classify lies as Secret. Trump said Comey was a liar about their conversations. You can't have it both ways. Either what Comey said is the truth and it should be classified under your argument and Trump is the liar, or Comey lied. It's one or the other not both. So which is it? Comey broke rules based on your opinion (not mine), and Trump is a liar, or is Comey a liar like Trump said?

No......you aren't getting it.....

Comey broke the same laws hilary broke.......and he doesn't have obama and loretta lynch to keep him out of jail....

-------

But when the seven memos Comey wrote regarding his nine conversations with Trump about Russia earlier this year were shown to Congress in recent days, the FBI claimed all were, in fact, deemed to be government documents.

While the Comey memos have been previously reported, this is the first time there has been a number connected to the amount of the memos the ex-FBI chief wrote.

Four of the memos had markings making clear they contained information classified at the “secret” or “confidential” level, according to officials directly familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for the FBI on Sunday declined to comment.

FBI policy forbids any agent from releasing classified information or any information from ongoing investigations or sensitive operations without prior written permission, and mandates that all records created during official duties are considered to be government property.

Comey leaked Classified information and in fact, may now have put his buddy, the guy who gave those classified documents to the press, in serious legal trouble.....
Great, now prove any of the memos he released were classified...

Oops!

So?

He gave them to a friend

A real no no

-Geaux
Prove he gave them all to a friend. Prove the ones he gave to a friend were classified. You people have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Oops!

I know this is difficult for you to understand so I'll say it again. The government doesn't classify lies as Secret. Trump said Comey was a liar about their conversations. You can't have it both ways. Either what Comey said is the truth and it should be classified under your argument and Trump is the liar, or Comey lied. It's one or the other not both. So which is it? Comey broke rules based on your opinion (not mine), and Trump is a liar, or is Comey a liar like Trump said?
Don't be silly. It has nothing to do with whether Comey was trying to set Trump up or not as a way to save himself in a future anticipated firing by writing fake memo's. Every single word in those memos could be lies. But the fact that they are CONFIDENTIAL "interpretations" of conversations between the president and the FBI director does make them classified. Just as a possible email that may have been sent by the Russians to a US govt. person, that is filled with lies and deception. It is still classified.

oh oh so he is as guilty as Hillary on letting loose

classified info

--LOL
He might be guiltier than Hillary. "Intentionally" leaking classified information.

But I thought Mueller had all the power in the investigation, which means nothing will come of it.

Washington is nothing but a poo slinging contest. They are all a bunch of monkeys

classified info

--LOL
He might be guiltier than Hillary. "Intentionally" leaking classified information.

But I thought Mueller had all the power in the investigation, which means nothing will come of it.

Washington is nothing but a poo slinging contest. They are all a bunch of monkeys
Yes of course Mueller isn't going to throw his protege and good friend who actually caused him to get hired for this job by the govt. under the bus. Nor is he touching Hillary or any Democrat if all the attorneys on his staff are ex-Hillary Democratic Party goons.

classified info

--LOL

Yes of course Mueller isn't going to throw his protege and good friend who actually caused him to get hired for this job by the govt. under the bus. Nor is he touching Hillary or any Democrat if all the attorneys on his staff are ex-Hillary Democratic Party goons.

The funny thing with all of these "investigations" is, looking at how many people have turned up guilty on the left from these investigations, Trump may be the most honest President we have ever had in some time.

"If the memos are Secret (lol) then the information is facts"? That isn't sane.

What law did Comey claim Trump broke?

"If the memos are Secret (lol) then the information is facts"? That isn't sane.

What law did Comey claim Trump broke?

Laws?

He does not need no stinking laws.

Forum List

Back