Comey's Memos Contained Classified Info

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Oops!

Comey’s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material

How about that. :mellow:

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a Columbia University lawyer friend. He asked that lawyer to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

“So you didn’t consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document?,” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) asked Comey on June 8. “You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?”

“Correct,” Comey answered. “I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.”

Comey?s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material | TheHill

Oops!

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a Columbia University lawyer friend. He asked that lawyer to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

“So you didn’t consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document?,” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) asked Comey on June 8. “You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?”

“Correct,” Comey answered. “I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.”

Comey?s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material | TheHill

This puts Trump in a Catch 22. If the memos are Secret that means the information is facts, and therefore Comey told the truth and Trump is a liar. If Comey lied in the memos then they can't be classified as Secret. So... pick your poison.

Oops!

This puts Trump in a Catch 22. If the memos are Secret that means the information is facts, and therefore Comey told the truth and Trump is a liar. If Comey lied in the memos then they can't be classified as Secret. So... pick your poison.

it doesnt mean that at all

it means comey wrongly released classified information

Oops!

So?

Oops!

The government doesn't classify lies as Secret. If it was classified that means it is true, and Comey told the truth and Trump lied.

More from the OP.

But when the seven memos Comey wrote regarding his nine conversations with Trump about Russia earlier this year were shown to Congress in recent days, the FBI claimed all were, in fact, deemed to be government documents.

While the Comey memos have been previously reported, this is the first time there has been a number connected to the amount of the memos the ex-FBI chief wrote.

Four of the memos had markings making clear they contained information classified at the “secret” or “confidential” level, according to officials directly familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for the FBI on Sunday declined to comment.

FBI policy
forbids any agent from releasing classified information or any information from ongoing investigations or sensitive operations without prior written permission, and mandates that all records created during official duties are considered to be government property.

“Unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or negligent handling of information contained in the files, electronic or paper, of the FBI or which I may acquire as an employee of the FBI could impair national security, place human life in jeopardy, result in the denial of due process, prevent the FBI from effectively discharging its responsibilities, or violate federal law,” states the agreement all FBI agents sign.

But when the seven memos Comey wrote regarding his nine conversations with Trump about Russia earlier this year were shown to Congress in recent days, the FBI claimed all were, in fact, deemed to be government documents.

While the Comey memos have been previously reported, this is the first time there has been a number connected to the amount of the memos the ex-FBI chief wrote.

Four of the memos had markings making clear they contained information classified at the “secret” or “confidential” level, according to officials directly familiar with the matter.

FBI policy
forbids any agent from releasing classified information or any information from ongoing investigations or sensitive operations without prior written permission, and mandates that all records created during official duties are considered to be government property.

“Unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or negligent handling of information contained in the files, electronic or paper, of the FBI or which I may acquire as an employee of the FBI could impair national security, place human life in jeopardy, result in the denial of due process, prevent the FBI from effectively discharging its responsibilities, or violate federal law,” states the agreement all FBI agents sign.

Oops!

Anytime he talks to the President it is considered confidential.....Comey will be sharing the same cell as susan rice, loretta lynch and hilary by the time this is over.

Oops!

The government doesn't classify lies as Secret. If it was classified that means it is true, and Comey told the truth and Trump lied.

Keep dreaming....

Oops!

Anytime he talks to the President it is considered confidential.....Comey will be sharing the same cell as susan rice, loretta lynch and hilary by the time this is over.

I know this is difficult for you to understand so I'll say it again. The government doesn't classify lies as Secret. Trump said Comey was a liar about their conversations. You can't have it both ways. Either what Comey said is the truth and it should be classified under your argument and Trump is the liar, or Comey lied. It's one or the other not both. So which is it? Comey broke rules based on your opinion (not mine), and Trump is a liar, or is Comey a liar like Trump said?

Oops!

I know this is difficult for you to understand so I'll say it again. The government doesn't classify lies as Secret. Trump said Comey was a liar about their conversations. You can't have it both ways. Either what Comey said is the truth and it should be classified under your argument and Trump is the liar, or Comey lied. It's one or the other not both. So which is it? Comey broke rules based on your opinion (not mine), and Trump is a liar, or is Comey a liar like Trump said?

No......you aren't getting it.....

Comey broke the same laws hilary broke.......and he doesn't have obama and loretta lynch to keep him out of jail....

-------

FBI policy forbids any agent from releasing classified information or any information from ongoing investigations or sensitive operations without prior written permission, and mandates that all records created during official duties are considered to be government property.

Comey leaked Classified information and in fact, may now have put his buddy, the guy who gave those classified documents to the press, in serious legal trouble.....

Oops!

I'll ask this in parts since your reading comprehension is busted.

Comey said Trump asked him to quit investigating Flynn... among other things.

Trump said Comey is a liar.

You guys are posting articles saying Comey broke the law and that his memos are classified.

The U.S. does not put a classified stamp on lies.

So, either Comey is telling the truth and Trump is a liar, or Comey is a liar. Pick your poison.

Oops!

You guys are posting articles saying Comey broke the law and that his memos are classified.

So, either Comey is telling the truth and Trump is a liar, or Comey is a liar. Pick your poison.

No...that isn't what he said.

Comey is a liar.

Yes.

Wow.....you are really slow.....

Comey lied, and he included classified information in the documents....both things are true, moron.

Comey is a liar.

Yes.

Comey lied, and he included classified information in the documents....both things are true, moron.

Ok, I've explained it to you several times now and you still don't understand. Trump literally has to admit to being wrong in order to try and bust Comey. Is he dumb enough to do it? Actually yes and I think he is vindictive enough to do it as well.

Comey is a liar.

Yes.

Ok, I've explained it to you several times now and you still don't understand. Trump literally has to admit to being wrong in order to try and bust Comey. Is he dumb enough to do it? Actually yes and I think he is vindictive enough to do it as well.

No moron, he doesn't. Comey lied about what Trump said, and they discussed secret and confidential information......as the FBI states it..........so you are wrong and a moron....all in one thread......

Forum List

Back