Combat Hopak

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Ever heard of it? Practiced by the Cossacks who came from Russia Ukraine and the Baltic states it is martial disguised as a dance like Capoeria from Africa. Hopak is practiced in Ukraine today where else? Capoeira which comes from Angola is practiced in Africa and Brazil today.

I have not seen Hopak in the Octagon so I do not know how effective it is against other styles such as Muay Thai. Anyone here familiar with it?

I have trained in combat Sambo which is used by both Russian and Ukrainian armies. it combines Judo with Kut wrestling from Mongolia and other wrestling styles from central Asia. Combat is different from sport Sambo because in combat you have kicks and strikes. Sport Sambo is grappling only.

From this video they do a lot of boxing and I thought I saw a spin hook kick which is used in karate but some of the kick technique looks original have not seen it before.

Ever heard of it? Practiced by the Cossacks who came from Russia Ukraine and the Baltic states it is martial disguised as a dance like Capoeria from Africa. Hopak is practiced in Ukraine today where else? Capoeira which comes from Angola is practiced in Africa and Brazil today.

I have not seen Hopak in the Octagon so I do not know how effective it is against other styles such as Muay Thai. Anyone here familiar with it?

yes

Forum List

Back