Columbine survivor becomes legislator introduces bill to arm teachers.

Maybe it will at least give some pause for thought...
I've already paused and thought. I hope the teachers take lessons on how to shoot and quick-draw, Maybe faculties can even compete with quick-draw and target shooting contests. Laws limiting liability should also be passed. I only hope they give Mrs. Brown a light pistol she had trouble with her lipstick.

I've already paused and thought. I hope the teachers take lessons on how to shoot and quick-draw, Maybe faculties can even compete with quick-draw and target shooting contests. Laws limiting liability should also be passed. I only hope they give Mrs. Brown a light pistol she had trouble with her lipstick.
As a parent of 2 soon to be 3 kids in school and as a son of a former teacher I find comfort in a teacher having a pistol to defend her students in case of something happening. I know the background checks teachers go through and including FBI background checks.

I'm a substitute teacher and am permitted to carry a concealed firearm. The thought has crossed my mind to approach the school board and request permission to carry while on the job, but I have no doubt I would be blacklisted.

Many teachers are former military... and are at least as well versed in the effective use of their firearms as the local sheriff's deputy... .

But the idea of teachers joining in local firearm competition is a good one. Same for the students.

I actually qualified with the M-16, M-14, 1911 and the Thompson sub-machine gun IN HIGH SCHOOL back in the mid 70s. The Rifles were fully automatic and the training included many live fire exercises, including the clearing of structures. It was a blast... and no doubt provided a sound foundation for sustaining expert level marksmanship throughout my military service.

But much of the training was given on school grounds... LOL! Can you IMAGINE the pant wetting if such were even SUGGESTED in today's schools?

Forum List

Back