Columbine happened DURING the 1994-2004 Assautl Weapons ban

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
This is gonna come to a massive shock to the lunatic right wingers who call me a liberal now, but, as I've always said, I support the 2nd amendment, and dont believe the Assault Weapons Ban would have much if any affect on these school shootings.

In fact, the 1999 Columbine massacre happened during the 1994-2004 Assault Weapons ban. That law didn't prevent Columbine. It would not have prevented this.

Am I saying that everyone should have an AK47 or M16? No. Im saying that there are so many "assault weapons" out there, and such a massive black market, that no paper law will ever rid our society of them. Thats a lost cause.

The complex answer is gonna need a lot of mental health funding and support (plus a push to stop drugging our kids for displaying normal human emotions), law enforcement staffing and training, school security, and responsible ownership and security of existing weapons in homes.

But the 1994 passing of the Assault Weapons ban didn't stop Columbine from happening, and it wouldnt stop a future incident from happening.

This is gonna come to a massive shock to the lunatic right wingers who call me a liberal now, but, as I've always said, I support the 2nd amendment, and dont believe the Assault Weapons Ban would have much if any affect on these school shootings.

In fact, the 1999 Columbine massacre happened during the 1994-2004 Assault Weapons ban. That law didn't prevent Columbine. It would not have prevented this.

Am I saying that everyone should have an AK47 or M16? No. Im saying that there are so many "assault weapons" out there, and such a massive black market, that no paper law will ever rid our society of them. Thats a lost cause.

The complex answer is gonna need a lot of mental health funding and support (plus a push to stop drugging our kids for displaying normal human emotions), law enforcement staffing and training, school security, and responsible ownership and security of existing weapons in homes.

But the 1994 passing of the Assault Weapons ban didn't stop Columbine from happening, and it wouldnt stop a future incident from happening.

Robyn Anderson, a friend of Klebold and Harris, bought the shotguns and the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine at The Tanner Gun Show in December of 1998 from unlicensed sellers. Because Anderson purchased the guns for someone else, the transition constituted an illegal "straw purchase." Klebold and Harris bought the TEC-DC9 from a pizza shop employee named Mark Manes, who knew they were too young to purchase the assault pistol, but nevertheless sold it to them for $500.

VPC - Where'd They Get Their Guns? - Columbine High School, Littleton, Colorado

Robyn Anderson, a friend of Klebold and Harris, bought the shotguns and the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine at The Tanner Gun Show in December of 1998 from unlicensed sellers. Because Anderson purchased the guns for someone else, the transition constituted an illegal "straw purchase." Klebold and Harris bought the TEC-DC9 from a pizza shop employee named Mark Manes, who knew they were too young to purchase the assault pistol, but nevertheless sold it to them for $500.

VPC - Where'd They Get Their Guns? - Columbine High School, Littleton, Colorado

Which reenforces the OP.

Forum List

Back