Coloradomtnman Is Leaving!

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
But, only temporarily. And don't let me steal any of Bootneck's thunder here.

My girlfriend and I have been saving up for a couple of years for this dream trip.

We bought an old rv for $1400, put a lot of money into fixing it up, loading it up with our climbing gear and next Tuesday we're taking off on a six month tour of the West. We're stopping in beautiful Leadville, Colorado for a couple of days to say goodbye to our friends there, then driving through the Rockies, across Utah and then taking Highway 50 (The Loneliest Highway) through Nevada, stopping at Great Basin National Park (the least visited National Park in the lower 48) on the way to Lake Tahoe, then heading south to Yosemite National Park for a week or so, over the Sierra Nevadas to Mono Lake, south on Hwy 395 just east of the Sierras (stopping at the many natural hot springs in the area) to Bishop, California for a week of climbing, then visiting Death Valley National Park, continuing south hitting a few climbing areas here and there, before eventually arriving in Joshua Tree National Park to spend the winter climbing in 70 degree temps. We'll be taking a few forays from Joshua Tree to Mexico, Las Vegas, LA, San Diego and with a good possibility of heading to Fort Bragg, California (Northern California coast) for Thanksgiving with friends and returning via the Coast Highway and visiting the Haigh-Ashbury in San Fran (we're Dead Heads) on the way. Around April we'll be driving to Kalispell, Montana (just west of Glacier National Park) to see if we like it and maybe settling down to live there.

So, I won't be on USMB quite as often, but I'll check in every once in a while to make sure the Right Wingnuts and Christian Extremists haven't taken over and to post a few pictures and see how everyone is doing.

P.S. Don't worry, strollingbones, we'll be safe.

Be sure to map it out of Mapquest or something, save the map, and upload it so we can all see where you is at.

Still be my heart! I was afraid that one of the posters I mostly disagree with, but who is rational, was leaving for good.

Glad to hear it's just temporary. Have a great time.

My girlfriend and I have been saving up for a couple of years for this dream trip.

We bought an old rv for $1400, put a lot of money into fixing it up, loading it up with our climbing gear and next Tuesday we're taking off on a six month tour of the West. We're stopping in beautiful Leadville, Colorado for a couple of days to say goodbye to our friends there, then driving through the Rockies, across Utah and then taking Highway 50 (The Loneliest Highway) through Nevada, stopping at Great Basin National Park (the least visited National Park in the lower 48) on the way to Lake Tahoe, then heading south to Yosemite National Park for a week or so, over the Sierra Nevadas to Mono Lake, south on Hwy 395 just east of the Sierras (stopping at the many natural hot springs in the area) to Bishop, California for a week of climbing, then visiting Death Valley National Park, continuing south hitting a few climbing areas here and there, before eventually arriving in Joshua Tree National Park to spend the winter climbing in 70 degree temps. We'll be taking a few forays from Joshua Tree to Mexico, Las Vegas, LA, San Diego and with a good possibility of heading to Fort Bragg, California (Northern California coast) for Thanksgiving with friends and returning via the Coast Highway and visiting the Haigh-Ashbury in San Fran (we're Dead Heads) on the way. Around April we'll be driving to Kalispell, Montana (just west of Glacier National Park) to see if we like it and maybe settling down to live there.

So, I won't be on USMB quite as often, but I'll check in every once in a while to make sure the Right Wingnuts and Christian Extremists haven't taken over and to post a few pictures and see how everyone is doing.

Waving to you from San Diego.

good luck and have fun! and I will bet you a $100 that you will decide to stay in Kallispell, there isn't too many places in this country that are more beautiful then that area. Plus it is only a five or less hour drive from here which means it is only about seven maybe seven and half hours away from the Gorge.:razz:

Obviously you are living in sin. I will pray for your souls at Mass. May God forgive your lustful sins.

Last edited:
and if you go the right way from california you will be driving through spokane, I will wave to ya! :)

Company I worked for used to own Miner's Park Apartments in Leadville, CO I visited it once, really nice country up there

God be with you! Sounds like a great trip! Bring a telescope for sure! And try to not get abducted by any UFO's,

Forum List

Back