Coloradomtnman Is Leaving!

I have done this many years ago. I wandered the countryside as a vagabond for two years in an attempt to learn from God if I should stay in the Priesthood. God spke to me and told me I should leave and do His work amongst all of mankind and just not limit my teaching only to Roman Catholics.

You will know when you must roam for God will tell you.

But, only temporarily. And don't let me steal any of Bootneck's thunder here.

My girlfriend and I have been saving up for a couple of years for this dream trip.

We bought an old rv for $1400, put a lot of money into fixing it up, loading it up with our climbing gear and next Tuesday we're taking off on a six month tour of the West. We're stopping in beautiful Leadville, Colorado for a couple of days to say goodbye to our friends there, then driving through the Rockies, across Utah and then taking Highway 50 (The Loneliest Highway) through Nevada, stopping at Great Basin National Park (the least visited National Park in the lower 48) on the way to Lake Tahoe, then heading south to Yosemite National Park for a week or so, over the Sierra Nevadas to Mono Lake, south on Hwy 395 just east of the Sierras (stopping at the many natural hot springs in the area) to Bishop, California for a week of climbing, then visiting Death Valley National Park, continuing south hitting a few climbing areas here and there, before eventually arriving in Joshua Tree National Park to spend the winter climbing in 70 degree temps. We'll be taking a few forays from Joshua Tree to Mexico, Las Vegas, LA, San Diego and with a good possibility of heading to Fort Bragg, California (Northern California coast) for Thanksgiving with friends and returning via the Coast Highway and visiting the Haigh-Ashbury in San Fran (we're Dead Heads) on the way. Around April we'll be driving to Kalispell, Montana (just west of Glacier National Park) to see if we like it and maybe settling down to live there.

So, I won't be on USMB quite as often, but I'll check in every once in a while to make sure the Right Wingnuts and Christian Extremists haven't taken over and to post a few pictures and see how everyone is doing.

P.S. Don't worry, strollingbones, we'll be safe.

Have a great trip, I hope it goes well.

RoadTripMapTerrain.jpg

Last edited:
I have done this many years ago. I wandered the countryside as a vagabond for two years in an attempt to learn from God if I should stay in the Priesthood. God spke to me and told me I should leave and do His work amongst all of mankind and just not limit my teaching only to Roman Catholics.

You will know when you must roam for God will tell you.

When God tells me to take a shit, I take a shit.

My girlfriend and I have been saving up for a couple of years for this dream trip.

We bought an old rv for $1400, put a lot of money into fixing it up, loading it up with our climbing gear and next Tuesday we're taking off on a six month tour of the West. We're stopping in beautiful Leadville, Colorado for a couple of days to say goodbye to our friends there, then driving through the Rockies, across Utah and then taking Highway 50 (The Loneliest Highway) through Nevada, stopping at Great Basin National Park (the least visited National Park in the lower 48) on the way to Lake Tahoe, then heading south to Yosemite National Park for a week or so, over the Sierra Nevadas to Mono Lake, south on Hwy 395 just east of the Sierras (stopping at the many natural hot springs in the area) to Bishop, California for a week of climbing, then visiting Death Valley National Park, continuing south hitting a few climbing areas here and there, before eventually arriving in Joshua Tree National Park to spend the winter climbing in 70 degree temps. We'll be taking a few forays from Joshua Tree to Mexico, Las Vegas, LA, San Diego and with a good possibility of heading to Fort Bragg, California (Northern California coast) for Thanksgiving with friends and returning via the Coast Highway and visiting the Haigh-Ashbury in San Fran (we're Dead Heads) on the way. Around April we'll be driving to Kalispell, Montana (just west of Glacier National Park) to see if we like it and maybe settling down to live there.

So, I won't be on USMB quite as often, but I'll check in every once in a while to make sure the Right Wingnuts and Christian Extremists haven't taken over and to post a few pictures and see how everyone is doing.

Leadville is beautiful. Have a good and safe trip.

I'm jealous sounds like a damn good time! One suggestion, go to Arizona, nothing like camping (although I considered an RV not to be roughing it) in the AZ desert, do some tubing in the salt river, a hippie like you will thank me! Have a good time, don't forget the dank weed and shrooms!

I hope you got a steal on the RV for $1,400. The last $1,400 (actually $1800) car I saw (my buddy purchased it back in college), was a huge lemon it made it 1 month! I am not saying, but I am just saying!

I'm jealous sounds like a damn good time! One suggestion, go to Arizona, nothing like camping (although I considered an RV not to be roughing it) in the AZ desert, do some tubing in the salt river, a hippie like you will thank me! Have a good time, don't forget the dank weed and shrooms!

I hope you got a steal on the RV for $1,400. The last $1,400 (actually $1800) car I saw (my buddy purchased it back in college), was a huge lemon it made it 1 month! I am not saying, but I am just saying!

No, we ain't roughin' it at all! We're traveling in style! If we decide on a whim to go to AZ, we'll head that way. I hear the Salt is really warm - it had better be because if we go we'll be there this Fall, Winter, or early Spring. I have friends who guide rafting on the Salt and they're hippies. Trust me, we won't forget the "supplies" including the "lsd" wink wink.

We got the rv for $1400, and put another $2000 into it and we have an awesome mechanic: rebuilt the engine, replaced all the hoses, new front shocks, new brakes, new carburetor, new fuel pump, new oil pump, all synth tranny and differential fluid, synth oil, new thermostat, lots of other tweaks, lubes, and stuff, etc. etc., good radials, and some self-done interior renovation. The thing is like a new vehicle (except for the outside and cab). A friend of mine bought a '70 Suburban for $500 and drove it for 3 years (most recently in the Leadville Boom Days parade painted and made to look like a US tank - he won the best float trophy because of the long-haired bearded hippies dressed like Taliban- who threw candy for the kids - that he shot with fireworks from the mounted, fake-.50 cal). After it finally died he bartered a '91 Mazda car or some sort for an 1/8 of weed and drove that for a year!

Hippies!

Hey man, have a WONDERFUL trip.

I have friends who guide rafting on the Salt and they're hippies. Trust me, we won't forget the "supplies" including the "lsd" wink wink.

The good old LSD! How I enjoyed it, hated it and enjoyed and hated in at the same time. To intense for me now! I think I could probably shroom if the situation was right!:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back