Colorado governor signs gun control bill

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011

Hickenlooper’s signature came less than a day after the head of the state’s department of corrections, Tom Clements, was shot dead in his home.

From the AP:

The governor of Colorado signed bills Wednesday that put sweeping new restrictions on sales of firearms and ammunition in a state with a pioneer tradition of gun ownership and self-reliance.

The bills thrust Colorado into the national spotlight as a potential test of how far the country might be willing to go with new gun restrictions after the horror of mass killings at an Aurora movie theater and a Connecticut elementary school.

GOOD FOR HIM and I hope other governors will follow his lead!

Note that the bill does not take away anyone's right to own guns and note as well, that the governor also owns guns.

(I'm surprised there's not already a whining thread for the gun nutters on this.)

Exclusive: Poll shows 55 percent of Coloradans favor stricter gun laws | KDVR.com
More than half of Coloradans, including 60 percent of unaffiliated voters, support stricter gun laws across the board, according to a new poll first reported by FOX31 Denver.

3 new gun bills on the books in Colorado despite its Wild West image - The Denver Post

One bill limits ammunition magazines to 15 rounds, another requires universal background checks, and the third charges gun customers for the cost of the checks.

Read more: 3 new gun bills on the books in Colorado despite its Wild West image - The Denver Post 3 new gun bills on the books in Colorado despite its Wild West image - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

BUT

Colorado sheriff says new state gun laws won't be enforced | Fox News

Weld County Sheriff John Cooke won’t enforce new state gun measures expected to be signed into law by Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper, arguing the proposed firearms restrictions give a "false sense of security."

Read more: Colorado sheriff says new state gun laws won't be enforced | Fox News

Yet another nutter who wants to arm criminals, mentals, terrorists and illegals.

Luckily, the nutter's days are numbered.

Over 90 percent of Americans support gun background checks: poll | Reuters

Poll: More Americans favor stricter gun controls - Washington Times

Strong Majority of Americans, NRA Members Back Gun Control - US News and World Report

Deal with it.

Hickenlooper’s signature came less than a day after the head of the state’s department of corrections, Tom Clements, was shot dead in his home.

From the AP:

The governor of Colorado signed bills Wednesday that put sweeping new restrictions on sales of firearms and ammunition in a state with a pioneer tradition of gun ownership and self-reliance.

The bills thrust Colorado into the national spotlight as a potential test of how far the country might be willing to go with new gun restrictions after the horror of mass killings at an Aurora movie theater and a Connecticut elementary school.

Note that the bill does not take away anyone's right to own guns and note as well, that the governor also owns guns.

(I'm surprised there's not already a whining thread for the gun nutters on this.)

Too bad for the Governor that a growing list of law enforcement in his state refuse to enforce the law.

I don't expect Rs to grow a pair and actually do their job but hopefully, the Ds will.

After all, it IS what the constituents want.

I don't expect Rs to grow a pair and actually do their job but hopefully, the Ds will.

After all, it IS what the constituents want.

The D's grow a pair? LOL They're a bunch of pant pissing pussies who think that self defense is waiting for the police to arrive while they take it up the keester.

Short term victory, and they will pay for it at election time. Sure, Bloomberg won a great victory, but there is already a huge movement to get New York politics out of Colorado. Old Hicki the studder box is already counting days on his short timers calendar.

Colorado Peak Politics - NEW POLL: Gun Control Legislation Could Cost Dems Votes

Despite advancing five new gun control bills in the Senate on Friday, Democrats may be, ahem, shooting themselves in the feet with voters, according to new polling data. Two-thirds of Coloradans (65%) say these new gun control laws won’t reduce crime or make the state any safer, and nearly half (48%) of voters say they would be less likely to vote for their State Senator if he or she supports gun control bills.

Public Opinion Strategies pollster Rob Autry warned Democrats of some of the perils of pursuing this radical legislation in a memo outlining the poll results:

“Democratic legislators also have to be mindful that even members of their own partisan coalition are conflicted about this proposed legislation. While only 8% of Democrats oppose all of the gun control measures we tested, 70% of Democratic voters oppose one or some combination of the proposals (either the comprehensive package, the background checks, the liability claim, or the high-capacity magazine ban).”

From the AP:

Too bad for the Governor that a growing list of law enforcement in his state refuse to enforce the law.

Darn that is liberal of them law enforcement folks deciding not to enforce what is currently a constitutional law.

;)

States rights sure do suck.

From the AP:

You think it is a good thing that he just signed a law that will cause an employer in his state to leave?

Forum List

Back