Colorado black Democrat Lawmaker Introduces ‘Pet Tax’ for All Animals and It’s Worse Than You Think

The motive behind this bill isn't to protect pets; it's to eliminate them.

Regina English = DIEversity!
2024a_englishregina.jpg

Exactly who would pay the tax on pets with no caregivers? Dog pounds? She would be putting them out of business.

Colorado is insane. I lived in Denver for 3 years…so happy to move back to Florida.

I visit CO, fuck living there.

After reading the actual bill, I kind of get WHY they are proposing it, but it is poorly written, completely unworkable and penalizes those who can’t afford it. There is a bit of elitism there.
It really doesn't seem viable. I mean we have to pay $5/year for a dog license but that is more to make sure you get them vaccinated for rabies which they have to be current on to have the license. You should get your cat vaccines too but we don't require those be licensed. My city has a quirky rule that livestock kept as pets like pigs have to be vaccinated and licensed as well, but I am not sure how often people actually do that.

It really doesn't seem viable. I mean we have to pay $5/year for a dog license but that is more to make sure you get them vaccinated for rabies which they have to be current on to have the license. You should get your cat vaccines too but we don't require those be licensed. My city has a quirky rule that livestock kept as pets like pigs have to be vaccinated and licensed as well, but I am not sure how often people actually do that.
Agree, it is completely unworkable. People don’t think things through sometimes.

I read in the thread featuring historical photos that in 1920s Germany, there was a pet tax.

The photo shows well-dressed ladies and gentlemen who felt that they could not afford an increase in the tax, so they have lined up with their dogs to have them euthanized.

(I am an elderly computer illiterate who does not know how to link to that photo. Sorry.)
The British euthanizing their pets because they feared food shortages in WWII

jan_willemsen.jpg

Here we go with Gateway pulling people's chains and people being to stupid even after reading their crap to understand it.

The bill’s intent is to connect pets with their owners or designated caregivers during emergencies, and while this goal may seem laudable, the method — a tax — has been met with skepticism.

Consider the financial burden on a family with a diverse array of pets: 100 aquarium fish could cost the owner up to $2,500 annually without designated caregivers, according to US Ark.

Is there some issue here with aquarium fish roaming around unhoused in an emergency? No? Then this is nothing more than Gateway being unhinged as they generally are and understanding they can manipulate the low thinkers.

In most places there are already taxes on pets. Every year we buy our pet license. It helps go to fund the animal shelters and we get a tag to help identify our animals in an emergency situation.

After reading the actual bill, I kind of get WHY they are proposing it, but it is poorly written, completely unworkable and penalizes those who can’t afford it. There is a bit of elitism there.

yet it’s OK for those who can afford it? Pound sand.

It SOUNDS like they want to make sure care, costs or placement of pets are covered in the case of death or disability of owner.

Sounds great, but why not make it voluntary, why force people to pay for something they might not need or want?

The WEF/Democrats are planning to ban all private livestock ownership

Democrats = WEF

A Dem will eventually tax the air you breathe. It will go there. We will wear masks that measure your breath volume and you will be taxed by a progressive rate based on income.

Don't bet on it, commierado is getting as bad as commiefornia.

I only get out there, once a year, if that much, but the locals where I go, (mostly shopkeeper/clerks, bar tenders, lease company maintenance, weed store clerk/operators, etc, seem like pretty normal people. I can't see it actually see it making it to the Governor's desk. Of course, no good judgement on my part, as mostly meeting and dealing with people that want to support me spending money by providing goods and services or fellow ski tourists.

Forum List

Back