Colleges dropping health plans - Thank you Mr. President

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Don't worry though, eventually Obamacare will save somebody, somewhere, some money.

Some colleges are dropping student health-insurance plans for the coming academic year and others are telling students to expect sharp premium increases because of a provision in the federal health law requiring plans to beef up coverage.The demise of low-cost, low-benefit health plans for students is a consequence of the 2010 health-care overhaul. The law is intended to expand coverage to tens of millions of uninsured Americans, but it is also eliminating some insurance options.
Many students already have coverage through their parents and aren't affected by the changes. Parents who get insurance from an employer have traditionally been able to enroll dependents on their plans up to the age of 22 if they are full-time college students, and about two-thirds of students have that kind of coverage, according a 2008 study by the Government Accountability Office. The health-care law has since increased the age at which children can be on their parents' coverage to 26.

Big Changes in College Health Plans - WSJ.com

I was on one those low cost health insurance plans.....I never really saw how it saved me money. It was cheaper to get birth control at Planned Parenthood, then get it through my low cost low benefit insurance plan.

This is another situation like where McDonald's was dropping "policies" that we were basically a scam.

This is another situation like where McDonald's was dropping "policies" that we were basically a scam.

Yep, they take money out of your pay check for crap insurance. I was on one of these plans when I worked at Albertson's.
I never even used it to get prescriptions, it was cheaper to go to Walmart. Then it took me six months to get them to cover a doctor's visit.

Yeah those policies were all a complete joke to begin with, and most people are better off now that most of them are being dropped

Forum List

Back