College Football Playoff picture

I'm a West coast fan. If it ain't the Rose bowl it don't count!
I miss the days when the Rose Bowl was the ultimate destination, for us too. Pasedena is the best place in the world to watch a football game. I love that place in ways that are unnatural. Pretty fond of Thousand Oaks too. My boys Johnny, Carmine and Daren are there. Nothing like crazy Italians to watch a football game or boxing match with. The food, the laughter, the energy are second to none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus freinds that will help freinds,Ha,Ha

In January of 2010, this happened in the Rose Bowl.

alabama-national-champions.jpg

Bama wins 31-24! Roll Tide!!

Yeah, they squeaked by a MSST team that Auburn beat by 39 points 6 weeks ago.

Are you a Bama graduate or just a bandwagon rider?

You know the main difference between an Alabama fan and an Auburn fan? Auburn fans actually went to college at Auburn.

I graduated from Alabama. And my 2 sons graduated from Alabama.

Know what the difference between and auburn cheerleader and a catfish? One has whiskers and smells bad. The other is a fish.

So we both beat MS St, but only one of us beat LSU. Bama put them down 24-10, but auburn lost to them.

Kudos for being a true Alabama fan! I run into so many wearing Alabama gear and 9 times out of 10, they say , "Oh, I didn't go there. I am just a fan!"

Auburn grad is looking for a place to live and only place available is a farmer's outhouse. The farmer notices a satellite dish after he moves in. The next day, he notices another satellite dish, so he asks the Auburn grad why there were two. The Auburn grad told him, "I hope you don't mind but I sublet the basement to an Alabama fan."

Most, if not all, major college football programs have fans that never attended that school. One measure of what Saban has done, and to the credit of our fans, is the money brought in to the school. When Nick Saban was hired for $4 million, people were going crazy. They screamed about how no college coach should be paid that much. By the 8th game of Saban's second season, the University of Alabama had made $32 million through merchandising alone.

Bama wins 31-24! Roll Tide!!

Yeah, they squeaked by a MSST team that Auburn beat by 39 points 6 weeks ago.

Are you a Bama graduate or just a bandwagon rider?

You know the main difference between an Alabama fan and an Auburn fan? Auburn fans actually went to college at Auburn.

I graduated from Alabama. And my 2 sons graduated from Alabama.

Know what the difference between and auburn cheerleader and a catfish? One has whiskers and smells bad. The other is a fish.

So we both beat MS St, but only one of us beat LSU. Bama put them down 24-10, but auburn lost to them.

Kudos for being a true Alabama fan! I run into so many wearing Alabama gear and 9 times out of 10, they say , "Oh, I didn't go there. I am just a fan!"

Auburn grad is looking for a place to live and only place available is a farmer's outhouse. The farmer notices a satellite dish after he moves in. The next day, he notices another satellite dish, so he asks the Auburn grad why there were two. The Auburn grad told him, "I hope you don't mind but I sublet the basement to an Alabama fan."

Most, if not all, major college football programs have fans that never attended that school. One measure of what Saban has done, and to the credit of our fans, is the money brought in to the school. When Nick Saban was hired for $4 million, people were going crazy. They screamed about how no college coach should be paid that much. By the 8th game of Saban's second season, the University of Alabama had made $32 million through merchandising alone.

Saban has done an amazing job no doubt. And has done it without major NCAA violations, which in itself is admirable.

I found this article interesting as to the all time college elite programs ranking Alabama just behind Oklahoma. Great coaches make great teams:

AP College Football Rankings: Greatest Programs Of All-Time

Did you go and experience Pasadena? I have seen some great footbal games there! Also took my California State Surveyors Test there , Great memories there!

Unfortunately, I was unable to go. I have heard it is an amazing place to see a game.

A line from the Alabama fight song is "Remember the Rose Bowl we’ll win then!". So winning the national championship there was special.

Did you go and experience Pasadena? I have seen some great footbal games there! Also took my California State Surveyors Test there , Great memories there!

Unfortunately, I was unable to go. I have heard it is an amazing place to see a game.

A line from the Alabama fight song is "Remember the Rose Bowl we’ll win then!". So winning the national championship there was special.
I hope yo get a chance to go some day. I would like to see a game at Byant Denny stadium some day too. I have done the shoe, the big house,the Rosebowl, and the Collseum so far for football. I am mainly a college fan. Majors for baseball, I have been to every stadium except Wrigley, Fenway, and the New Yankees stadium. I will check off Wrigley and Fenway next summer.

I hope yo get a chance to go some day. I would like to see a game at Byant Denny stadium some day too. I have done the shoe, the big house,the Rosebowl, and the Collseum so far for football. I am mainly a college fan. Majors for baseball, I have been to every stadium except Wrigley, Fenway, and the New Yankees stadium. I will check off Wrigley and Fenway next summer.

I hope you get to attend a game at Bryant Denny Stadium. If you do, get there early. The tailgating on the Quad is the best!

I hope you get to attend a game at Bryant Denny Stadium. If you do, get there early. The tailgating on the Quad is the best!
I will definately get there early and leave late, I treasure these types of experiences in a big way and give it my all when I show up!!!!

I was raised a Washington Husky!
Sonny Sixkiller
Warren Moon
Don James

GO DAWGS!!!
Born and raised a Buckeye. My father tought physics and begining surveying there back in the seventies. I had great seats while pops was working there. I loved watching the buckeyes destroy opponents and then go to Appolos on High for a Gyro and walnut baklava after. My sister is now a shrink for Harding Hospital and has gotten tens years there, which means access to good seats again. Can not wait to take advantage of that again.

Sonny Sixkiller
Warren Moon
Don James

GO DAWGS!!!
Born and raised a Buckeye. My father tought physics and begining surveying there back in the seventies. I had great seats while pops was working there. I loved watching the buckeyes destroy opponents and then go to Appolos on High for a Gyro and walnut baklava after. My sister is now a shrink for Harding Hospital and has gotten tens years there, which means access to good seats again. Can not wait to take advantage of that again.

I grew up about 9 block from the UA campus. We used to ride our bikes over to watch practice and see Bear Bryant in his tower.

Tuscaloosa High School made an arrangement with the UA, so they could avoid the expense of building a decent football field/stadium. We played our home game at Bryant Denny Stadium (then it was just Denny Stadium). It was cool to have played on the same field as the likes of Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, Ozzie Newsome ect.

Sonny Sixkiller
Warren Moon
Don James

GO DAWGS!!!

I grew up about 9 block from the UA campus. We used to ride our bikes over to watch practice and see Bear Bryant in his tower.

Tuscaloosa High School made an arrangement with the UA, so they could avoid the expense of building a decent football field/stadium. We played our home game at Bryant Denny Stadium (then it was just Denny Stadium). It was cool to have played on the same field as the likes of Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, Ozzie Newsome ect.
I got to go to a punt pass and kick contest at the shoe, but never got to play a game on it. I will bet that was an awsome experience for you, one you will treasure till the very end. I did not get to go to OSU for pregrad. I went to Univerity of Toledo on a baseball scholorship. I did recieve my masters there though. By the time I got to OSU I had a child and did not get to participate the college experience there. I sure did at UT though.

With only 3 games left in the regular season, things are beginning to shape up for some great games in the playoffs.

Current CFP rankings:

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn

Notre Dame plays Miami this weekend.
1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4?
Oklahoma

With only 3 games left in the regular season, things are beginning to shape up for some great games in the playoffs.

Current CFP rankings:

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4?
Oklahoma
Why? What's their record and who'd they beat? And can they beat bama?

Current CFP rankings:

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4?
Oklahoma

They are 9-1, with a win over Ohio State, and have a QB considered the leading Heisman contender, So I say yes, they could beat Alabama.

Current CFP rankings:

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4?
Oklahoma

They are 9-1, with a win over Ohio State, and have a QB considered the leading Heisman contender, So I say yes, they could beat Alabama.

I would bet on Alabama in that game. Yes, OU is a top level team. And Mayfield is an excellent QB. But Oklahoma's defends isn't that great. While Alabama has some issues on defense (having lost 4 starters to injury), they are still very good against the pass and at getting to the QB.

Plus, the smashmouth run game not only eats up the clock, it wears the defense down.

Current CFP rankings:

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4?
Oklahoma

I would bet on Alabama in that game. Yes, OU is a top level team. And Mayfield is an excellent QB. But Oklahoma's defends isn't that great. While Alabama has some issues on defense (having lost 4 starters to injury), they are still very good against the pass and at getting to the QB.

Plus, the smashmouth run game not only eats up the clock, it wears the defense down.

I agree with you about Alabama. I think they would beat Oklahoma. But it is hard to predict what will happen. I did not see Auburn crushing Georgia this past weekend, or Miami dominating Notre dame. But as an old SEC guy, I have to stick with the Tide.

Forum List

Back