Colin Powell Jumping Ship?

Colin Powell Jumping Ship?

In the CNN interview to be aired Sunday on "State of the Union with John King" Powell cautioned Mr. Obama about "budgets that are running into the multi-trillions of dollars" and "a huge, huge national debt that, if we don't pay for in our lifetime, our kids and grandkids and great-grandchildren will have to pay for it."

Mr. Powell, you ignorant slut. You supported a tax-and-spend Marxist for President. You got exactly what you voted for. Now we ALL have to pay for it.

Just for that, you get Obama's 'Evil Eye':

obama.jpg

Drudge Goes There:Obama’s Evil Eye « Nice Deb

Actually Colin Powell's position illustrates once again the Obama was elected for reasons other than his positions. It's become obvious that Powell and others voted for him for reasons other than what he said.

Why would I say that? Well everything he proclaimed to think necessary, he's proposed. Most are now approved or are up for votes. Collin Powell is either an idiot, which I don't believe, or he voted for reasons beyond what Obama promised. He shouldn't be bitching now.

Annie, you are really being too nice in your post. Call it for what it is, Colin Powell voted for Obama because he was black.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: And you fucking racist Republicans keep proving my point with every press of a key, thank you

Actually Colin Powell's position illustrates once again the Obama was elected for reasons other than his positions. It's become obvious that Powell and others voted for him for reasons other than what he said.

Why would I say that? Well everything he proclaimed to think necessary, he's proposed. Most are now approved or are up for votes. Collin Powell is either an idiot, which I don't believe, or he voted for reasons beyond what Obama promised. He shouldn't be bitching now.

Annie, you are really being too nice in your post. Call it for what it is, Colin Powell voted for Obama because he was black.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: And you fucking racist Republicans keep proving my point with every press of a key, thank you

And you f'ing democrat voters are seriously not only closed minded, but want to quash any freedom of speech.

fuck off asshole. if you posted more often, you could challenge sealy for the biggest douchebag on the board, you whiney little bitch.

Actually you illustrate your prejudice with each of your posts. You think you are liberal, however you are a racist that is evident to all.

I'm not being racist at all, I am merely stating the truth. If it's the truth, it isn't being racist. If your so stupid you can't see that, then there is nothing anyone can do for you. Pretty pathetic attempt on your part, but I expect nothing less Daddeo :lol:

Was Powell ever a republican anyway? When he contemplated running for President in 96 or 2000, he considered running on the democratic ticket.

I'm not being racist at all, I am merely stating the truth. If it's the truth, it isn't being racist. If your so stupid you can't see that, then there is nothing anyone can do for you. Pretty pathetic attempt on your part, but I expect nothing less Daddeo :lol:

Nope, you are not being racist. Others may be. Perhaps there was something beyond race, but seems Powell is clearing that up?

Obama is spending us into oblivion. Powell gets that, as would any right thinking person.

fuck off asshole. if you posted more often, you could challenge sealy for the biggest douchebag on the board, you whiney little bitch.

Exactly. A liberals day is not complete unless they can play the race card.

Maybe, probably. At the same time I do believe he wanted the chance for inner city kids to realize the dream, the one he had, the one he thought Obama did.

Powell blew his reputation by lying for Bush so that Bush could go to war in Iraq.
Powell, Tenet, Bush, Blair all believed at the time what was said at the UN. If Powell couldn't stand the heat he should've stayed out of the kitchen; screw him.

In regard to Iraq, Powell did not lie for anyone. When he stood in front of the UN he believed what he presented.

In regard to Powell's politics, if there was any respect for him on substance he blew it by supporting Obama. Not because he supported him, but, for the reason he did. The man should have owned up then that he was doing it because of race and for personal gain.

Powell had one huge shining moment, when he was given the job of building a war plan to retake Kuwait he let his generals and military do their job as they should. He delegated well and trusted those under him.

Other than that, his career though notable, has been fairly par for the course.

Just another in the long line of American Black Theater Commanders, Black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Black Secretaries of Defense and Black Secretaries of State. That the notion of being the first Black anything is breaking down as a mile stone is in great part a monument to both Powell and men like him who, with dignity and courage overcame the barriers that being Black still present, but in the past could not be ignored.

As a winner of more medals and awards than most of us have years of life including the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart, he has demonstrated time and again the unassailable strength of charachter and will that is always a part of the make up of great men.

On what course is this only par?

Obama did not indicate that he would be a left of Jesse Jackson Liberal. He promised to reach across the aisle and work with both parties to create a consensus and govern from there.

It's possible that he meant what he said. Perhaps, he did not know for sure that he would have the kind of majorities in both houses that he has. Comprimise is not needed when you have this kind of majority. That aside, however, he is a now quite unapologetically a left of Jessie Jackson Liberal and there is no getting away from it.

He was a member of that church because he was comfortable in that church.

It's obvous now that his words that conjure domestic diplomacy are empty. Only his actions can be used to divine his intention. Now we know, or at least should know. With luck, the Blue Dogs can delay the worst of the actions.

Exactly. A liberals day is not complete unless they can play the race card.

Posted this earlier today in "Understanding White Privilege", but it's definitely appropriate here.

[excerpt]
Liberals aren’t actually interested in diversity, they’re interested in using the pursuit of diversity as a weapon.

When naming the first woman or minority to a particular position, if democrats cannot in some way benefit from it they don’t talk about it or pretend it didn’t happen.

Justice Clarence Thomas is a prime example of this. Because he’s not a radical leftist nothing he does counts for anything in the eyes of most liberals and more importantly most blacks.

Sen. Claire McCaskill made the stunning claim yesterday on Fox News that Obama’s nomination of Sotomayor was important, because no one currently on the court comes from an impoverished background. “That’s something new,” she added.

I suspect that was the moment Justice Clarence Thomas kicked his TV over. Not only is Thomas a black man sitting on the Supreme Court (appointed by a republican), but he comes from the poorest background imaginable.

In his memoirs, Thomas recounts a childhood of poverty that judge Sotomayor could not in her wildest dreams imagine. She grew up like royalty compared to the adversity that Thomas faced.

McCaskill’s claim is one of the most ignorant statements ever uttered. But it speaks to the larger point that in McCaskill’s eyes and in the eyes of most liberals Sotomayor really would be the first.

Clarence Thomas is a black conservative which makes him both an enemy to democrats and an enemy to most blacks.

What he believes and what he’s accomplished in life mean nothing. As far as most liberals are concerned there is no black man on the Supreme Court.

You see the same kind of treatment when it comes to Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice.

Colin Powell was the first black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the first black Secretary of State, but did you ever hear the media cooing about that? Nope. Never.

Did you get a chance to read all those columns in the NY Times during the last eight years about what a progressive guy Bush was for putting so many black people in positions of power? Me either, I’m still trying to find them.

Had he been a democrat appointed by a democrat you would hear about it ad nauseam for years even decades to come.

Dr. Condoleezza Rice who herself came from very impoverished beginnings in the south when racism was at its very worst.

Rice was the first black national security adviser and a woman to boot. She went on to be the first black female Secretary of State. Once again, did you hear the media gushing about any of that? Not just no, but hell no!

Like Powell, she’s a republican appointed to a position of power by republicans. Therefore, those “firsts” don’t count. Like Clarence Thomas, Rice and Powell are also heretics and enemies of both democrats (Powell not so much lately) and most blacks.

Think about how significant it is that both of president Bush’s Secretary of State picks were African-American. I don’t remember ever reading a column or magazine article applauding president Bush for appointing so many minorities to his cabinet. You can imagine the books, movies, documentaries, and monuments that would have been created to honor a democratic president for doing the exact same thing.

It’s interesting that the party most often labeled “racist” is also the party that has put more minorities in positions of power. Unlike democrats, this wasn’t done to make a political statement they were simply the best people for the job.

Republicans should not bow to political correctness on Sonia Sotomayor. They should ignore her ethnicity and gender (no matter how many times liberals bring it up) and focus on her judicial record.

It’s pointless to fret about being called a racist, because liberals are always going to call throw that bomb around no matter what.

If you’re a republican and you dare to question a liberal you WILL be labeled racist, sexist, homophobe, bigot, hatemonger, and any combination of those. Get over it.

I believe the American people by and large can see through the race baiting and identity politics the democrats so often play.

The important thing is for republicans to challenge Sotomayor’s record and show the American people why judicial activists like her are bad for the country.

There’s little doubt that Sotomayor will eventually be confirmed. However, republicans can still count it as a win if they present an effective case to the public about why she’s a judicial activist and what that means for them.

The most important thing for republicans to remember is that by not engaging on issues the democrats have labeled as racially sensitive it only make things worse.

Playing the race and gender card has been such a success for democrats over the years that they’re using it more and more.

Republicans need to aggressively make their case and let the chips fall where they may.

Minorities Only Count If They’re Liberal - Clarence Thomas - Zimbio

Powell is a scrumbag,, kicked his best liberal friend McCain to the Curb,, so he could vote along racial lines.. no respect left for him.

So its not because he liked him, its only cause he's black? And you wonder why Republicans are known WIDELY as the racist party, black people aren't bright enough to make a real educated opinion(like you show that you have all the time:lol:), they just voted for Barack cause he's mixed

I don't particularly care who you choose to call racist.. the fact that Colin Powell along with 98% of the rest of the African American people and all the dead people they could register is proof to me who the real racists are! so go suck lemons. Colin Powell called himself a Rep. his best friend McCain fit all Powell's criteria for being a "reformed" Republican and he still kicked him to the curb.yep all other things being equal he voted along racial lines.

Actually you illustrate your prejudice with each of your posts. You think you are liberal, however you are a racist that is evident to all.

he is 100% totally a racist!

Meister...have you gone Republican on us?....and a FUCKING RACIST one at that....:eusa_eh:

No Harry, I'm still not a republican, nor am I a racist. The lib just jumped before he looked on that one. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back