Colin Powell: Iran nuclear deal is a "pretty good deal"

I'm afraid it does answer your concern

What alternative do you propose?
My question was if the deal does not work as promised will you blame Obama or try and pass it to someone else since you continue to dodge answering that question the logical thought is you will try and pass the blame.
If the deal does not work it will be because Iran does not want it to work, right now they very badly want it to work and that is the best anyone could hope for. They have agreed to give up practically all the progress towards a nuclear weapon they have made, we will know before too long if they are actually serious. There is no shame in allowing your enemy an opportunity to exit the battlefield before the shooting starts.
So we can put that down as a no,
Too bad your reading comprehension sucks. Who fights harder? An army cut off from the rear or an army with a clear route of retreat? All we have done is give them an escape hatch from this unending cycle of tension, it is mostly up to them how they use it. They will certainly test our resolve but it is mostly up to Iran if the deal works, it's they who have to grant access, give up their highly enriched U235 and centrifuges, and dismantle their heavy water plant. If they do that there is no problem and no nuclear threat to worry about.
My reading comph

My question was if the deal does not work as promised will you blame Obama or try and pass it to someone else since you continue to dodge answering that question the logical thought is you will try and pass the blame.
If the deal does not work it will be because Iran does not want it to work, right now they very badly want it to work and that is the best anyone could hope for. They have agreed to give up practically all the progress towards a nuclear weapon they have made, we will know before too long if they are actually serious. There is no shame in allowing your enemy an opportunity to exit the battlefield before the shooting starts.
Too bad your reading comprehension sucks. Who fights harder? An army cut off from the rear or an army with a clear route of retreat? All we have done is give them an escape hatch from this unending cycle of tension, it is mostly up to them how they use it. They will certainly test our resolve but it is mostly up to Iran if the deal works, it's they who have to grant access, give up their highly enriched U235 and centrifuges, and dismantle their heavy water plant. If they do that there is no problem and no nuclear threat to worry about.
My reading comprehension is just fine I comprehend that you won't answer the question because the thought of having to admit Obama could have made a mistake is beyond you. I have stated that if the deal works I will give Obama credit you have made it very clear in your world Obama can do no worng.

Actually we went with the experts on this one. A lot of Democrats are not supporting Obama but actually looking at an international agreement which the Nuclear experts say is a very good deal.

If non-nuclear proliferation experts were saying this deal was rubbish I wouldn't be for it... I would be asking for a better deal... But they said this is the best way forward.

Iran could break the deal and we would know about it in weeks. I don't believe Iran would do that as it does not help there own people. Iran is a very young country

Former Republican Secretary of State who had to deal with Iran

Colin Powell: Iran Deal Is a 'Pretty Good Deal'

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell expressed support for the nuclear agreement with Iran on Sunday, calling the various planks Iranian leaders accepted "remarkable" and dismissing critics' concerns over its implementation.

"It's a pretty good deal," he said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Critics concerned that the deal will expedite Iran's pursuit of a nuclear weapon, Powell added, are "forgetting the reality that [Iranian leaders] have been on a superhighway, for the last 10 years, to create a nuclear weapon or a nuclear weapons program, with no speed limit."

He said the reduction in centrifuges, Iran's uranium stockpile and their agreement to shut down their plutonium reactor were all "remarkable."

"These are remarkable changes, and so we have stopped this highway race that they were going down — and I think that's very, very important," Powell said.

He also pushed back on skeptics who have expressed worries about the ability of independent inspectors to verify that Iran is following the agreement. Powell said that, "with respect to the Iranians — don't trust, never trust, and always verify."

"And I think a very vigorous verification regime has been put into place," he said.

Yeah, considering he is the one who advised the first Bush to not depose Sadaam when he had the entire world backing him....not a smart guy......and this shows how stupid he actually is...

My reading comph
My reading comprehension is just fine I comprehend that you won't answer the question because the thought of having to admit Obama could have made a mistake is beyond you. I have stated that if the deal works I will give Obama credit you have made it very clear in your world Obama can do no worng.

Actually we went with the experts on this one. A lot of Democrats are not supporting Obama but actually looking at an international agreement which the Nuclear experts say is a very good deal.

If non-nuclear proliferation experts were saying this deal was rubbish I wouldn't be for it... I would be asking for a better deal... But they said this is the best way forward.

Iran could break the deal and we would know about it in weeks. I don't believe Iran would do that as it does not help there own people. Iran is a very young country

yeah...and the experts after the first gulf war were bribed by sadaam......

Bullshit. Not only will Iran have nukes in a couple years, but so will Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, and ISIS. This stupid deal will cause war in the mideast. Watch.

Sorry but this was the same advice that was said around Iraq war... Another spoofer argument....

What is your solution to this... The world has made a deal now, it was happening with or without US....

The rest of the world as I explained before considers the GOP/Righties a joke... You have been consistently wrong.

Wrong on Climate Change, Wrong on Iraq, Wrong on the shutdown, Wrong on small arms proliferation, Wrong on the Drug .... Just wrong
Conservatives suck at forecasting the future because they only use their worst fears to inform their opinions.

Ahahaha look fool who fear mongered the Republican war on women, seniors, and minorities? We are still waiting for this war and its been decades now.
Tell me something the republican leaders are saying about an issue that is more optimism than pessimism.

Trump: "We can make America great again" eat it!
Trump's campaign slogans are not an issue. Issues are things like the economy, or jobs, or trade or anything like that. It's all doom and gloom with them all the time. It's been so long since a republican had an optimistic outlook that optimism itself has become an unwanted liberal thing in your eyes.

Former Republican Secretary of State who had to deal with Iran

Colin Powell: Iran Deal Is a 'Pretty Good Deal'

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell expressed support for the nuclear agreement with Iran on Sunday, calling the various planks Iranian leaders accepted "remarkable" and dismissing critics' concerns over its implementation.

"It's a pretty good deal," he said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Critics concerned that the deal will expedite Iran's pursuit of a nuclear weapon, Powell added, are "forgetting the reality that [Iranian leaders] have been on a superhighway, for the last 10 years, to create a nuclear weapon or a nuclear weapons program, with no speed limit."

He said the reduction in centrifuges, Iran's uranium stockpile and their agreement to shut down their plutonium reactor were all "remarkable."

"These are remarkable changes, and so we have stopped this highway race that they were going down — and I think that's very, very important," Powell said.

He also pushed back on skeptics who have expressed worries about the ability of independent inspectors to verify that Iran is following the agreement. Powell said that, "with respect to the Iranians — don't trust, never trust, and always verify."

"And I think a very vigorous verification regime has been put into place," he said.
Powell is not a Republican.
But he is black, and that meant he could be stigmatized as an "Uncle Tom" by the Left when they disagreed with him.
Fuck you very much.

Powell's former Chief of Staff, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, recently told Thom Hartmann that Cheney, who rants against the Iran deal, belongs in jail.

My reading comph

You do realize how much money those countries are looking at making as they let Iran loose of the sanctions..right....and those "experts"....you better check the large deposits in their bank accounts...

My reading comph

Iran is one of the oldest countries in the world with a distinct cultural identity, something every other country in the region lacks. It's what has held them together all this time through brutality, war and western meddling. They trace their history to the founding of the Persian empire in 500BC and it is an intense source of national pride, you can't bomb away something like that, they would fight us until the last breath of their last man.

My reading comph

Iran is one of the oldest countries in the world with a distinct cultural identity, something every other country in the region lacks. It's what has held them together all this time through brutality, war and western meddling. They trace their history to the founding of the Persian empire in 500BC and it is an intense source of national pride, you can't bomb away something like that, they would fight us until the last breath of their last man.
The Japanese had an even older culture. Couple of nukes fixed that shit.

My reading comph

I believe Japan actually declared war on us and set their armies against us, and guess what? They are still Japan with the same history they are proud of, the same language and a distinct culture. That nationalism and cultural pride of theirs made certain that we could only defeat them at a very high cost to ourselves. It would be utter foolishness to commit to that cost against a country that has not declared war on us or set their armies against our interests.

If it doesn't work out.....we are no worse off than we are today
That really doesn't answer the question it simply dodges it.

Just as much as you will shower praise on Obama when it does work
If this deal works as advertised I will give him credit for it the question still remains if it does not will you give him the blame for it? A simple yes or no will suffice.
If the deal does not work, we reimpose sanctions. End up where we are today

Sorry but this was the same advice that was said around Iraq war... Another spoofer argument....

What is your solution to this... The world has made a deal now, it was happening with or without US....

The rest of the world as I explained before considers the GOP/Righties a joke... You have been consistently wrong.

Wrong on Climate Change, Wrong on Iraq, Wrong on the shutdown, Wrong on small arms proliferation, Wrong on the Drug .... Just wrong
Conservatives suck at forecasting the future because they only use their worst fears to inform their opinions.

Ahahaha look fool who fear mongered the Republican war on women, seniors, and minorities? We are still waiting for this war and its been decades now.
Tell me something the republican leaders are saying about an issue that is more optimism than pessimism.

Trump's campaign slogans are not an issue. Issues are things like the economy, or jobs, or trade or anything like that. It's all doom and gloom with them all the time. It's been so long since a republican had an optimistic outlook that optimism itself has become an unwanted liberal thing in your eyes.

This why your posts are so,irrelevant. If you don't think "make America great again" is a positive upbeat slogan than you really don't care about this country especially after the hope and change scam we just went through.

My reading comph

I believe Japan actually declared war on us and set their armies against us, and guess what? They are still Japan with the same history they are proud of, the same language and a distinct culture. That nationalism and cultural pride of theirs made certain that we could only defeat them at a very high cost to ourselves. It would be utter foolishness to commit to that cost against a country that has not declared war on us or set their armies against our interests.
You are a dunce, is the problem.
You claim they would fight us to the last man. People said the same about Japan and it wasnt true. Two nukes and they were done.
This time will be much more efficient, warfare having changed considerably. Iran has repeatedly declared its intention to destroy us.

My reading comph

You are a dunce, is the problem.
You claim they would fight us to the last man. People said the same about Japan and it wasnt true. Two nukes and they were done.
This time will be much more efficient, warfare having changed considerably. Iran has repeatedly declared its intention to destroy us.
How about we try something else before we commit to a war no one but you people actually want to fight (by "want to fight" I mean you want to watch someone else fight on TV).

My reading comph

Sorry had to walk away... Meant to say young population who want jobs....

My reading comph

Sorry had to walk away... Meant to say young population who want jobs....
I see, in that you are correct, they lost so many men in their war with Iraq that their male population has never really recovered, median age: 28.

^^^ that's some stage 10 liberal projection right there. Do we need to roll video on the Democratic party leaders preaching economic doom and gloom for like the last 4 years of Bush presidency? This war is lost ring a bell? Dem's claimed the sky was falling when the unemployment rate hit 5%.

If this deal does not work as promised will you on the left blame Obama or will you somehow try and blame Bush?
If it doesn't work out.....we are no worse off than we are today
That really doesn't answer the question it simply dodges it.

Huh? How does that answer the question? Are you in love with Obama or something?

^^^ that's some stage 10 liberal projection right there. Do we need to roll video on the Democratic party leaders preaching economic doom and gloom for like the last 4 years of Bush presidency? This war is lost ring a bell? Dem's claimed the sky was falling when the unemployment rate hit 5%.
I didn't tell you to find liberal pessimism, I know that exists and is not always unwarranted, I told you to find me some conservative optimism on an issue. Trump's slogan does not count because even that implies America is not presently great and cannot ever be great until he is charge, a very pessimistic statement.

Forum List

Back