Colin Powell: Iran nuclear deal is a "pretty good deal"

If this deal does not work as promised will you on the left blame Obama or will you somehow try and blame Bush?
If it doesn't work out.....we are no worse off than we are today
That really doesn't answer the question it simply dodges it.
I'm afraid it does answer your concern

What alternative do you propose?
My question was if the deal does not work as promised will you blame Obama or try and pass it to someone else since you continue to dodge answering that question the logical thought is you will try and pass the blame.
If the deal does not work it will be because Iran does not want it to work, right now they very badly want it to work and that is the best anyone could hope for. They have agreed to give up practically all the progress towards a nuclear weapon they have made, we will know before too long if they are actually serious. There is no shame in allowing your enemy an opportunity to exit the battlefield before the shooting starts.
So we can put that down as a no,

If this deal does not work as promised will you on the left blame Obama or will you somehow try and blame Bush?

They wanted something that looked very much like an unconditional surrender and a republican president at whose feet the Iranians would shamelessly grovel begging to recognize Israel for a lifting of sanctions. Never would have happened in a million years.
Pretty much true

Today's Republicans will not accept a win/win proposal because it allows the other guy to win also

Anything short of 100% surrender is unacceptable
So, finally, you're actually in effect, admitting that you are fine with Iran getting nukes.

Well, not only does that explain much, but it's just what I expected. If obama gives them the bomb, it has to be ok with you, because you agree 100% with everything your messiah does, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, like the good little brain dead sheeple you are.

Well, then again, you do get PAID to post the garbage you do so...

Once again powell shows he's BLACK first, and caring about America comes somewhere after that.
Why are you Right wing goons so obsessed with Blacks, and Race?? guess you forgot there are a lot of Whites in Government that support the Iran deal too..

Cons sure never give up their fear mongering ways, remember Condi's Mushroom cloud, or the best one yet is we gotta go fight them over there or they are gonna come get us here:badgrin:

Either way it's gonna pass, Another Obama victory dance coming, don't forget to spike the football:woohoo:

Well, then, I guess that ends all debate, if Colin Powell says it's a pretty good deal. Never mind that there are no firm inspection provisions in the deal. Never mind that in some cases the Iranians get to do their own inspecting and just send us pictures. Never mind that the deal will allow hundreds of billions of dollars to flow into the world's biggest sponsor of terrorism. Never mind that Iran insisted on getting back their scientist whom we caught trying to get military secrets in CA but that we still don't have any of our hostages back. But, well, since Colin Powell says it's a pretty good deal, let's all play the part of the sheeple and say, "baah."

The expert on non nuclear proliferation have said this is good deal.

“It puts a gap between [Iran’s] ability to build a bomb and actually doing it, and the gap is big enough for us to do something about it if we detect them moving toward a bomb,” Lewis said. “At the highest macro level, I think that’s fantastic.”

As to critics who say a better deal should have been reached, Kingston Reif, director for disarmament and threat reduction policy at the Arms Control Association, puts it in simple terms: “A perfect deal was not attainable.

“Overall, it’s a very strong and good deal, but it wasn’t negotiations that resulted in a score of 100-0 for the US,” Reif said. “That’s not how international negotiations go.”

Added James Acton, co-director of the Nuclear Policy Program and senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment: “You can’t compare this to a perfect deal, which was never attainable."

Experts Praise Iran Deal, Despite Congressional Concerns

So Powell listens to experts, a voice of sanity...

This is again the GOP/Righties not listening to experts just spouting hype....Not the first time and probably not the last...
That is why Trump and Bush will not rip it up...
Sorry, but no, Trump will RIP IT UP. He was recently on the steps of congress in protest of it.

America got NOTHING... I repeat... NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO... Lurch and bath house Barry SOLD THE FARM on this "DEAL." There is NOTHING, "GOOD," about it.

Once again powell shows he's BLACK first, and caring about America comes somewhere after that.
Why are you Right wing goons so obsessed with Blacks, and Race?? guess you forgot there are a lot of Whites in Government that support the Iran deal too..

Either way it's gonna pass, Another Obama victory dance coming, don't forget to spike the football:woohoo:
Another victory for bath house Barry, and another loss for America.

You progs are truly some vile America hating trash.

Left wing dumbasses voted for Obama, only because he was black.

Former Republican Secretary of State who had to deal with Iran

Colin Powell: Iran Deal Is a 'Pretty Good Deal'

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell expressed support for the nuclear agreement with Iran on Sunday, calling the various planks Iranian leaders accepted "remarkable" and dismissing critics' concerns over its implementation.

"It's a pretty good deal," he said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Critics concerned that the deal will expedite Iran's pursuit of a nuclear weapon, Powell added, are "forgetting the reality that [Iranian leaders] have been on a superhighway, for the last 10 years, to create a nuclear weapon or a nuclear weapons program, with no speed limit."

He said the reduction in centrifuges, Iran's uranium stockpile and their agreement to shut down their plutonium reactor were all "remarkable."

"These are remarkable changes, and so we have stopped this highway race that they were going down — and I think that's very, very important," Powell said.

He also pushed back on skeptics who have expressed worries about the ability of independent inspectors to verify that Iran is following the agreement. Powell said that, "with respect to the Iranians — don't trust, never trust, and always verify."

"And I think a very vigorous verification regime has been put into place," he said.
He also agreed Iraq was a good idea.

louis-farrakhan_colin-powell.jpg

Colin P loves him some death to America

Look what Powell has turned into what and embarrressment

My question was if the deal does not work as promised will you blame Obama or try and pass it to someone else since you continue to dodge answering that question the logical thought is you will try and pass the blame.
If the deal does not work it will be because Iran does not want it to work, right now they very badly want it to work and that is the best anyone could hope for. They have agreed to give up practically all the progress towards a nuclear weapon they have made, we will know before too long if they are actually serious. There is no shame in allowing your enemy an opportunity to exit the battlefield before the shooting starts.
Too bad your reading comprehension sucks. Who fights harder? An army cut off from the rear or an army with a clear route of retreat? All we have done is give them an escape hatch from this unending cycle of tension, it is mostly up to them how they use it. They will certainly test our resolve but it is mostly up to Iran if the deal works, it's they who have to grant access, give up their highly enriched U235 and centrifuges, and dismantle their heavy water plant. If they do that there is no problem and no nuclear threat to worry about.

Once again...the world moves on and Teapublicans sit on the outside pouting
Yes it's a done deal, thing is, if it works as advertised they will not even remember there ever was an Iran deal in a few years.
Give them a few years and they will take credit
Yeah when Iran tests a nuclear bomb next year, we'll give all the credit to bath house Barry and his bubble headed ass kissing minions.

The world will be so much safer when Iran gets nukes, thanks to Barry and Kerry.
More nonsense from the right

If we follow your advice, they will have a weapon in a year. Obama just bought us ten years

Bullshit. Not only will Iran have nukes in a couple years, but so will Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, and ISIS. This stupid deal will cause war in the mideast. Watch.

Sorry but this was the same advice that was said around Iraq war... Another spoofer argument....

What is your solution to this... The world has made a deal now, it was happening with or without US....

The rest of the world as I explained before considers the GOP/Righties a joke... You have been consistently wrong.

Wrong on Climate Change, Wrong on Iraq, Wrong on the shutdown, Wrong on small arms proliferation, Wrong on the Drug .... Just wrong

Yes it's a done deal, thing is, if it works as advertised they will not even remember there ever was an Iran deal in a few years.
Yeah when Iran tests a nuclear bomb next year, we'll give all the credit to bath house Barry and his bubble headed ass kissing minions.

The world will be so much safer when Iran gets nukes, thanks to Barry and Kerry.

If we follow your advice, they will have a weapon in a year. Obama just bought us ten years

Bullshit. Not only will Iran have nukes in a couple years, but so will Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, and ISIS. This stupid deal will cause war in the mideast. Watch.

Sorry but this was the same advice that was said around Iraq war... Another spoofer argument....

What is your solution to this... The world has made a deal now, it was happening with or without US....

The rest of the world as I explained before considers the GOP/Righties a joke... You have been consistently wrong.

Wrong on Climate Change, Wrong on Iraq, Wrong on the shutdown, Wrong on small arms proliferation, Wrong on the Drug .... Just wrong
Conservatives suck at forecasting the future because they only use their worst fears to inform their opinions.

Well, then, I guess that ends all debate, if Colin Powell says it's a pretty good deal. Never mind that there are no firm inspection provisions in the deal. Never mind that in some cases the Iranians get to do their own inspecting and just send us pictures. Never mind that the deal will allow hundreds of billions of dollars to flow into the world's biggest sponsor of terrorism. Never mind that Iran insisted on getting back their scientist whom we caught trying to get military secrets in CA but that we still don't have any of our hostages back. But, well, since Colin Powell says it's a pretty good deal, let's all play the part of the sheeple and say, "baah."

The expert on non nuclear proliferation have said this is good deal.

“It puts a gap between [Iran’s] ability to build a bomb and actually doing it, and the gap is big enough for us to do something about it if we detect them moving toward a bomb,” Lewis said. “At the highest macro level, I think that’s fantastic.”

As to critics who say a better deal should have been reached, Kingston Reif, director for disarmament and threat reduction policy at the Arms Control Association, puts it in simple terms: “A perfect deal was not attainable.

“Overall, it’s a very strong and good deal, but it wasn’t negotiations that resulted in a score of 100-0 for the US,” Reif said. “That’s not how international negotiations go.”

Added James Acton, co-director of the Nuclear Policy Program and senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment: “You can’t compare this to a perfect deal, which was never attainable."

Experts Praise Iran Deal, Despite Congressional Concerns

So Powell listens to experts, a voice of sanity...

This is again the GOP/Righties not listening to experts just spouting hype....Not the first time and probably not the last...
That is why Trump and Bush will not rip it up...
Sorry, but no, Trump will RIP IT UP. He was recently on the steps of congress in protest of it.

America got NOTHING... I repeat... NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO... Lurch and bath house Barry SOLD THE FARM on this "DEAL." There is NOTHING, "GOOD," about it.

Time to eat Humble pie
WATCH: Trump bucks Republican line on Iran deal, says will not 'tear it up' - Video

"I love to buy bad contracts where key people go bust, and I make those contracts good," he said, adding that he would strictly enforce the Iran deal.
read more: WATCH: Trump bucks Republican line on Iran deal, says will not 'tear it up' - Video

That what he said yesterday... :dig:

Too bad your reading comprehension sucks. Who fights harder? An army cut off from the rear or an army with a clear route of retreat? All we have done is give them an escape hatch from this unending cycle of tension, it is mostly up to them how they use it. They will certainly test our resolve but it is mostly up to Iran if the deal works, it's they who have to grant access, give up their highly enriched U235 and centrifuges, and dismantle their heavy water plant. If they do that there is no problem and no nuclear threat to worry about.
My reading comph

My reading comprehension is just fine I comprehend that you won't answer the question because the thought of having to admit Obama could have made a mistake is beyond you. I have stated that if the deal works I will give Obama credit you have made it very clear in your world Obama can do no worng.

Conservatives suck at forecasting the future because they only use their worst fears to inform their opinions.

You got to laugh, these guys can't even figure out that the deal stay US in or out....

Experts say while not perfect is a slam dunk deal for the US.

Iran want the deal because they have bigger fish to fry. There economy(not the nuclear program) has been weakened by their hardline stance and now the moderates in Iran are winning. They will deliver a better economy out of this deal.

:cuckoo::offtopic:, Just like the Cons, and Tea Maggots, voted for Mccain, and Romney because they are old white men..

My reading comprehension is just fine I comprehend that you won't answer the question because the thought of having to admit Obama could have made a mistake is beyond you. I have stated that if the deal works I will give Obama credit you have made it very clear in your world Obama can do no worng.

Being wrong implies that he is 100% confident that Iran will never become a nuclear nation, this is not what he has been saying. He is saying that this is the best chance we have to turn Iran away from it's nuclear weapons program without resorting to war. He is entirely correct about that. He is also correct that IF Iran lives up to it's end of the bargain it puts a Bomb at least ten or more years away. What he not saying is that Iran has every chance of gradually becoming a secular democracy now that an easing of tensions will rob the Iranian government of it's main basis of power, the "imminent" military attack the west has in store for Iran.

Last edited:

:cuckoo::offtopic:, Just like the Cons, and Tea Maggots, voted for Mccain, and Romney because they are old white men..
No, because they weren't Obama.

Ahahaha look fool who fear mongered the Republican war on women, seniors, and minorities? We are still waiting for this war and its been decades now.

Ahahaha look fool who fear mongered the Republican war on women, seniors, and minorities? We are still waiting for this war and its been decades now.
Tell me something the republican leaders are saying about an issue that is more optimism than pessimism.

Tell me something the republican leaders are saying about an issue that is more optimism than pessimism.

Trump: "We can make America great again" eat it!

Forum List

Back