Colin Powell Denies Affair with Romanian Politician

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Something is very wrong when hackers have this easy of a time hacking our leaders email accounts. Bush, Palin, Powell etc...

Colin Powell is denying that he had an affair with a female Romanian politician after a hacker posted a series of personal emails sent between the two for a period of several years.

In a statement to the website The Smoking Gun, which was confirmed by ABC News, Powell acknowledges that his correspondences with Corina Cretu, 46, became “of a very personal nature” over the course of 10 years.

“Those type of emails ended a few years ago,” Powell, 72, wrote in the statement. “There was no affair then and there is not one now.”

The two met when Powell served as secretary of state during the Bush administration, and Cretu worked in various positions in the Romanian government. She is now a senator in the European Parliament.

Powell blames a hacker for sifting through his email for the correspondences and according to The Smoking Gun, the hacker, known as “Guccifer” made a series of posts on Powell’s Facebook page that linked to the emails and several photos that appear to have been sent by Cretu to Powell. The emails document correspondences dating as far back as 2011, and as recently as this Wednesday.

Guccifer also claimed responsibility for hacking the Bush family’s emails, including publicly releasing George W. Bush’s private self-portraits.

Colin Powell Denies Affair with Romanian Politician - ABC News

Last edited:
Something in very wrong when hackers have this easy of a time hacking our leaders email accounts. Bush, Palin, Powell etc...

Colin Powell is denying that he had an affair with a female Romanian politician after a hacker posted a series of personal emails sent between the two for a period of several years.

In a statement to the website The Smoking Gun, which was confirmed by ABC News, Powell acknowledges that his correspondences with Corina Cretu, 46, became “of a very personal nature” over the course of 10 years.

“Those type of emails ended a few years ago,” Powell, 72, wrote in the statement. “There was no affair then and there is not one now.”

The two met when Powell served as secretary of state during the Bush administration, and Cretu worked in various positions in the Romanian government. She is now a senator in the European Parliament.

Powell blames a hacker for sifting through his email for the correspondences and according to The Smoking Gun, the hacker, known as “Guccifer” made a series of posts on Powell’s Facebook page that linked to the emails and several photos that appear to have been sent by Cretu to Powell. The emails document correspondences dating as far back as 2011, and as recently as this Wednesday.

Guccifer also claimed responsibility for hacking the Bush family’s emails, including publicly releasing George W. Bush’s private self-portraits.

Colin Powell Denies Affair with Romanian Politician - ABC News

They should hire the hackers.

When there was talk of Powell running for president he refused saying he did not want his backgound examined. This might have been what he was hiding.

Interesting in a TMZ sort of way. MAYBE if you think this compromised national security I suppose. But there is more to hate (or like I guess) him for than his sex life.

Hell, maybe he just had a virtual affair.

I take it Powell doesn't believe cyber sex is cheating. Wonder what his wife thinks of that?

They always deny, right before they beg forgiveness, understanding, and privacy...

Reminds me of Patraeus. Sad, really. Great men, with egos that just won't quit.

I think it's kind of foolish that we elevate Alpha Males up to positions of power and importance and then act all surprised when they act like.. Alpha males.

Alpha Males with a willing harem who all are looking for a piece of the action. Tiger Woods wasn't doing any raping.

Reminds me of Patraeus. Sad, really. Great men, with egos that just won't quit.

I think it's kind of foolish that we elevate Alpha Males up to positions of power and importance and then act all surprised when they act like.. Alpha males.

Alpha Males with a willing harem who all are looking for a piece of the action. Tiger Woods wasn't doing any raping.

True enough.

One of those great moments that makes Conservatives Hypocrites.

The week Tiger got caught was the week a convict pardoned by Mike Huckabee went on a shooting spree and killed four cops, Old Mike spent about five minutes talking about how that was totally not his fault. Then he spent the rest of the show talking about how Tiger Woods engaging in consensual relationships with women other than his wife was a big deal.

I think a guy you let out of the clink because he found Jesus killing four cops was a bigger deal, Mike. But that's just me.

(And I kind of like Huckabee, he only rates a 2 on the Conservative Douchebag Scale.)

Forum List

Back