colin kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

Not really. He made no announcement. All this speculation is just something ignorant people do when they cant understand a man quietly going about his business with no fanfare.

He made the statement by standing, we are all given the right to respond. He made statements afterwards, he made another statement in the middle of the week. He is not quietly protesting, and he has brought a lot of fanfare. Now, what will he do to better the situation?
He actually sat so it appears you are confused as to what actually happened. No one claimed you didnt have a right to respond. I said he didnt do it to get into the spotlight. I thought I made it pretty clear that he got into the spotlight because ignorant people didnt understand why he sat?

He knew not standing for the anthem would cause attention to him and it did. He knew wearing the pig socks would attract attention. He is not stupid. I believe it was to attract attention to a cause and to make the statement he knew the press would be all over it.
So basically you believe he went through all of that instead of just having a press conference? You sound like a conspiracy theorist.

He made a political statement, it happens all the time, St. Louis had there players do a hands up don't shoot protest. Did they have a press conference before? Players are always trying to put an emblem on their uniform before a game and the league puts a stop to it, no press conference held by the players. The Olympics, players protest, no press conference.

Kaepernick is a smart guy, he knew it would spark a debate. After sitting during the anthem, then him talking to the press and expressing his opinions, how could he possibly think wearing the pig socks would go unnoticed?

If he sat during the anthem and no one noticed, wouldn't be much of a protest.
its kind of obvious that your hands are up in the classic dont shoot postiion. Your claim was that Cap did it to get attention. Has nothing to do with Cap sitting down where no one even noticed him doing it the first couple of games. Using your logic he should have been doing pushups or something to draw attention. Your logic leaves a lot to be desired.

He made the statement by standing, we are all given the right to respond. He made statements afterwards, he made another statement in the middle of the week. He is not quietly protesting, and he has brought a lot of fanfare. Now, what will he do to better the situation?
He actually sat so it appears you are confused as to what actually happened. No one claimed you didnt have a right to respond. I said he didnt do it to get into the spotlight. I thought I made it pretty clear that he got into the spotlight because ignorant people didnt understand why he sat?

He knew not standing for the anthem would cause attention to him and it did. He knew wearing the pig socks would attract attention. He is not stupid. I believe it was to attract attention to a cause and to make the statement he knew the press would be all over it.
So basically you believe he went through all of that instead of just having a press conference? You sound like a conspiracy theorist.

He made a political statement, it happens all the time, St. Louis had there players do a hands up don't shoot protest. Did they have a press conference before? Players are always trying to put an emblem on their uniform before a game and the league puts a stop to it, no press conference held by the players. The Olympics, players protest, no press conference.

Kaepernick is a smart guy, he knew it would spark a debate. After sitting during the anthem, then him talking to the press and expressing his opinions, how could he possibly think wearing the pig socks would go unnoticed?

its kind of obvious that your hands are up in the classic dont shoot postiion. Your claim was that Cap did it to get attention. Has nothing to do with Cap sitting down where no one even noticed him doing it the first couple of games. Using your logic he should have been doing pushups or something to draw attention. Your logic leaves a lot to be desired.

That's not what I said. In today's day and age with media ever present, he was seen the first time he sat. Also, he wore the pig socks after meeting with the media. Isn't the intent of protesting to get attention on what you are protesting? Otherwise there is no reason to protest.

That's not what I said. In today's day and age with media ever present, he was seen the first time he sat. Also, he wore the pig socks after meeting with the media. Isn't the intent of protesting to get attention on what you are protesting? Otherwise there is no reason to protest.
No actually he wasnt spotted the first time. He did it all preseason. Thats exactly where your logic falls down. No sometimes you do a silent protest for yourself. Some people fast. Some people wear all white or all Black. Either way you fail in your logic.

So he sat once and didn't get noticed and he thought all through the season he would not get notice, come on you are smarter than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So he sat once and didn't get noticed and he thought all through the season he would not get notice, come on you are smarter than that.

Yes I am smarter than you. Thats why I said if he wanted attention he would have held a press conference instead of hoping someone saw him sitting down.

Yes I am smarter than you. Thats why I said if he wanted attention he would have held a press conference instead of hoping someone saw him sitting down.

I disagree with you and you haven't said anything that has persuaded me. We just disagree.

I disagree with you and you haven't said anything that has persuaded me. We just disagree.
You have my permission to disagree and I have no desire to persuade you. Its more fun laughing at your attempts to convince me he was trying to get attention by sitting down instead of having a press conference and telling the world before he ever did anything. :laugh:

You have my permission to disagree and I have no desire to persuade you. Its more fun laughing at your attempts to convince me he was trying to get attention by sitting down instead of having a press conference and telling the world before he ever did anything. :laugh:

You are amusing as well, I've had a good laugh also, thanks for the entertainment.

You are amusing as well, I've had a good laugh also, thanks for the entertainment.

Youre welcome. BTW was Brady trying to get attention too?

Tom Brady Played Preseason Games Without NFL Decal on Helmet

I want to ask you both an honest question. Is he a starting QB or is he 2nd string? Is he just about done in the NFL and guaranteed his salary the rest of the year as long as he doesn't break any rules? Maybe he's made enough he feels he has nothing to lose to speak up for a cause he relates to.

This could even make him famous long after football. Maybe one day Colin will be governor of Illinois and clean it up.

I want to ask you both an honest question. Is he a starting QB or is he 2nd string? Is he just about done in the NFL and guaranteed his salary the rest of the year as long as he doesn't break any rules? Maybe he's made enough he feels he has nothing to lose to speak up for a cause he relates to.

This could even make him famous long after football. Maybe one day Colin will be governor of Illinois and clean it up.
Colin is not done by a long shot and i havent been watching football this year yet but i think he is not starting. Kap just doesnt give fuck what people think of him which i admire. He will deal with any consequences that come. i dont know why you want to make him a politician in a state he isnt even from. Kinda weird suggestions since he is from out by my way in a town called Lodi.

Colin is not done by a long shot and i havent been watching football this year yet but i think he is not starting. Kap just doesnt give fuck what people think of him which i admire. He will deal with any consequences that come. i dont know why you want to make him a politician in a state he isnt even from. Kinda weird suggestions since he is from out by my way in a town called Lodi.
I just picked Illinois because chicgo has so many problems. Ok, ID like Dwayne Wade to run for politics after he retires.

At least I'm seeing that Colin is right and in the long run people will look back and see he was right. It's like I would have liked Ali when most of white America was mad at him. No Viet Cong ever called him a nigga. That resonated with me. I agreed with him.

What do you mean he's far from being done but he's second string? How many years he have left? I wish I knew how much money he's potentially costing him? And hopefully he goes on to be a community organizer.

I just picked Illinois because chicgo has so many problems. Ok, ID like Dwayne Wade to run for politics after he retires.

At least I'm seeing that Colin is right and in the long run people will look back and see he was right. It's like I would have liked Ali when most of white America was mad at him. No Viet Cong ever called him a nigga. That resonated with me. I agreed with him.

What do you mean he's far from being done but he's second string? How many years he have left? I wish I knew how much money he's potentially costing him? And hopefully he goes on to be a community organizer.
You do watch football and know that even second string players have long careers in the NFL dont you? Kap is athletic and young. He is also someone that will put butts in seats. My guess is he will be starting for some other team in a few years.

I see. You think because someones famous and has an opinion that they should run for office? I disagree. Kap is not a politician. He is a football player. Same with Dwade. He is a basketball player. Thats what they chose to do as a profession. It takes a specific skill set to lead people that dont have to follow you.

You do watch football and know that even second string players have long careers in the NFL dont you? Kap is athletic and young. He is also someone that will put butts in seats. My guess is he will be starting for some other team in a few years.

I see. You think because someones famous and has an opinion that they should run for office? I disagree. Kap is not a politician. He is a football player. Same with Dwade. He is a basketball player. Thats what they chose to do as a profession. It takes a specific skill set to lead people that dont have to follow you.
You call them football or basketball players but did Dave Bing or Michael strahan or Jim bunning listen to you?

Maybe Colin doesn't have the skills but I could see Wade going into politics.

I think you forget being a politician is somewhat easy. In fact it shouldn't even be a full time job. I think you give politicians too much credit.

Kap has this year, if he doesn't pan out at SF he will get cut at the end of the season. Then he might catch on as a back up somewhere else. The Denver Broncos had a chance to sign Kap and took Sanchez. The 49ers tried to trade him and they had no takers.

No they don't but one stands whenever and wherever it is played.
But Kap is BLACK!!! He's been put down by THE MAN!! He gets to sit. :D

Yes, I've seen how much money he makes, his cars, his home. He has really suffered.
He isnt talking so much about himself dummy. You silly white lap dogs are funny. :laugh:
Kap sat because he's upset at not being the starter. Do you think he'd do that if he was leading the team? Not a chance.
Did he tell you that or did you come up with that on your own? If he didnt tell you that then we know your just doing youre usual monkey jabber in an attempt to make sense of something you cant understand.
Coincidence that he waited until he was about to be cut to protest? I think not. Now he can say he was cut not because he was beat out for a job, but because he protested. Loser.

Kap has this year, if he doesn't pan out at SF he will get cut at the end of the season. Then he might catch on as a back up somewhere else. The Denver Broncos had a chance to sign Kap and took Sanchez. The 49ers tried to trade him and they had no takers.

I'm trying to understand the risk vs. reward for him speaking up.

Colin Kaepernick signed a 6 year, $114,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a$12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000

Yea, this is an athlete who doesn't care. He's set. And who knows. Maybe he'll even get a chance on another team and prove he's still got it. If not, F the NFL. That's probably what he's thinking.

But if it were me I'd shut up till the gravy train ran out.

I'm trying to understand the risk vs. reward for him speaking up.

Colin Kaepernick signed a 6 year, $114,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a$12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000

Yea, this is an athlete who doesn't care. He's set. And who knows. Maybe he'll even get a chance on another team and prove he's still got it. If not, F the NFL. That's probably what he's thinking.

But if it were me I'd shut up till the gravy train ran out.

When you realize that Mark Sanchez was preferred by the Broncos and Gabbert is getting the start over him, in a system that favors Kaps style of play, that says a lot. I hope he gets his career back on track, I liked his style of football.

You call them football or basketball players but did Dave Bing or Michael strahan or Jim bunning listen to you?

Maybe Colin doesn't have the skills but I could see Wade going into politics.

I think you forget being a politician is somewhat easy. In fact it shouldn't even be a full time job. I think you give politicians too much credit.
i've never spoken to any of the people you just mentioned so no they havent listened to me.

Being a politician is hard. Thats why the good ones make it look easy. Not many people can do what they do in dealing with the public and leading people. They are usually excellent people persons which such a valuable and underated skill.

But Kap is BLACK!!! He's been put down by THE MAN!! He gets to sit. :D

Yes, I've seen how much money he makes, his cars, his home. He has really suffered.
He isnt talking so much about himself dummy. You silly white lap dogs are funny. :laugh:
Kap sat because he's upset at not being the starter. Do you think he'd do that if he was leading the team? Not a chance.
Did he tell you that or did you come up with that on your own? If he didnt tell you that then we know your just doing youre usual monkey jabber in an attempt to make sense of something you cant understand.
Coincidence that he waited until he was about to be cut to protest? I think not. Now he can say he was cut not because he was beat out for a job, but because he protested. Loser.
That was a stupid post. No one cares why someone is cut or why they say they were cut.

Forum List

Back