Coldest Winter in 100 Years

I've already answered your dodge. If you want another dodge, you have to explain how the last decade could be warmer than the previous decade if warming stopped 11 years ago.

The oceans have warmed, and the land has warmed whether measured by satellites or ground stations. There are no heat islands in the ocean or in satellite readings, so you can't use the urban heat islands canard.

Assuming your Data (and I haven't seen it) isn't Warped by the WANT that there is Warming as has been Illustrated by some of the "Experts" recently, what is 11 Years in Relation to this Planet's Existence?...

And then tell me about Cycles...

:)

peace...
Well, if you want to use cycles as a dodge, the natural cycle of Ice Age and interglacial warm period says we should be well into the next Ice Age, so this 100 year warming period is outside the natural cycle.

Talk about a dodge. Cycle projections are relative averages not concrete occurrences.
(I think I'll go sacrifice a vestal virgin to the weather gods.)

According to the IPCC models, greenhouse gas warming should be greatest over continental interiors and in the middle troposphere, so Coal Creek Canyon is an ideal “global warming” monitoring site. How, then, is the projected 0.7F per decade warming coming along?

Since 1985, the overall trend has been +0.3F per decade, about half of the IPCC projection. Since 2000, the trend has been -3F per decade – four times greater than the IPCC projection, and in the opposite direction!

This is an example of how one station’s data can be significant for assessing climate change, but only if the station is carefully installed and maintained, is in a location relatively free of non-climatic influences, has records that are diligently kept, and, above all, does not have its records mysteriously altered. It would be instructive to see records from other observers who have quality records of long duration.

Richard Keen, Ph.D.

Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado

Coal Creek Redux « Watts Up With That?

I Live in Colorado... It's Fuckin' Cold!

peace...

You guys are getting frozen to death by all that global warming...

According to the IPCC models, greenhouse gas warming should be greatest over continental interiors and in the middle troposphere, so Coal Creek Canyon is an ideal “global warming” monitoring site. How, then, is the projected 0.7F per decade warming coming along?

Since 1985, the overall trend has been +0.3F per decade, about half of the IPCC projection. Since 2000, the trend has been -3F per decade – four times greater than the IPCC projection, and in the opposite direction!

This is an example of how one station’s data can be significant for assessing climate change, but only if the station is carefully installed and maintained, is in a location relatively free of non-climatic influences, has records that are diligently kept, and, above all, does not have its records mysteriously altered. It would be instructive to see records from other observers who have quality records of long duration.

Richard Keen, Ph.D.

Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado

Coal Creek Redux « Watts Up With That?

peace...

And it's NOT just this Season... A Couple of Years ago we had 10 Weeks Straight of Snow on the Ground in D-Town...

Historically we have over 300 Days a Year of Sun and our Average Temps are not that Cold in the Winter...

We get Big Snows and they Melt in the 50 Degreeish Weather that Follows...

This Season we have seen so MANY 30 and 40 Degree BELOW Average Days that it's Concerning...

The Blizzard of Halloween was Unprecedented in 2009, not only for Snow Depth but for Temperatures.

Combine these things with what you are Seeing around the Country and the Globe, from "The Summer that Wasn't" in Chicago, to Snow in Vegas to Snow in Baghdad... To the Return of Year Round Snow in the Colorado Rockies from South to North.

These are not Examples of a "No Ice by 2012"... Or whatever Year aglore is Screaming now as he Ignores Antarctica...

Anyway...

peace...

peace...

And it's NOT just this Season... A Couple of Years ago we had 10 Weeks Straight of Snow on the Ground in D-Town...

Historically we have over 300 Days a Year of Sun and our Average Temps are not that Cold in the Winter...

We get Big Snows and they Melt in the 50 Degreeish Weather that Follows...

This Season we have seen so MANY 30 and 40 Degree BELOW Average Days that it's Concerning...

The Blizzard of Halloween was Unprecedented in 2009, not only for Snow Depth but for Temperatures.

Combine these things with what you are Seeing around the Country and the Globe, from "The Summer that Wasn't" in Chicago, to Snow in Vegas to Snow in Baghdad... To the Return of Year Round Snow in the Colorado Rockies from South to North.

These are not Examples of a "No Ice by 2012"... Or whatever Year aglore is Screaming now as he Ignores Antarctica...

Anyway...

peace...

Ah yes, the always dire predictions of the flat-earth global warmers.

The end is near!!!

Time passes...

The end is near!!!

Yet more time passes...

The end is still near!!!! Really!!!! And only a world-wide tax system can save us!!!!!

Yet more time passes and we are getting buried in snow...

I laugh harder and harder every day I go over to DRUDGE and read the headlines........................and think about the hopeless dolts still being the true belivers in the biggest fraud ever perpetuated upon mankind = "mad made" global warming................

Right now over at DRUDGE..........................

Winter Could Be Worst in 25 Years for USA...
CHILL MAP...
3 Deaths Due To Cold in Memphis...
PAPER: GAS SUPPLIES RUNNING OUT IN UK...
Vermont sets 'all-time record for one snowstorm'...
Iowa temps 'a solid 30 degrees below normal'...
Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years...
Historic ice build-up shuts down NJ nuclear power plant...
Beijing -- coldest in 40 years...
Miami shivers from coldest weather in decade...

each and individual link............................

Fcukking hysterical..............if anything you fcukking morons, its a fcukking ice age coming!!!!

titanicice-2.jpg

Anyone else get the feeling that Edthecynic is actually an Apple Basic program?

10 Start
20 Make post
30 Say "As I said, when caught lying CON$ just keep on lying."
40 If responded to, then 30
50 If not responded to, declare victory
60 Print "Victory! I have proven Anthropogenic Global Warming true!"
70 End

Assuming your Data (and I haven't seen it) isn't Warped by the WANT that there is Warming as has been Illustrated by some of the "Experts" recently, what is 11 Years in Relation to this Planet's Existence?...

And then tell me about Cycles...

peace...
Well, if you want to use cycles as a dodge, the natural cycle of Ice Age and interglacial warm period says we should be well into the next Ice Age, so this 100 year warming period is outside the natural cycle.

Talk about a dodge. Cycle projections are relative averages not concrete occurrences.
Rather sacrifice 1000 Warmists to make sure that summer comes back. Think it'll work?

But when in Caligula's Rome...

It appears the cynic has limped off with his proverbial tail between his knock-kneed legs...:)

It appears the cynic has limped off with his proverbial tail between his knock-kneed legs...:)
No... he's just recharging as to keep parroting.

Brawk! The earth is warming, it's man's fault, Brawk WHISTLE!!

Headlines lined up on the Drudge Report at 7:53 PM MST Jan 4, 2009

Winter Could Be Worst in 25 Years for USA...
CHILL MAP...
3 Deaths Due To Cold in Memphis...
PAPER: GAS SUPPLIES RUNNING OUT IN UK...
Vermont sets 'all-time record for one snowstorm'...
Iowa temps 'a solid 30 degrees below normal'...
Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years...
Historic ice build-up shuts down NJ nuclear power plant...
Beijing -- coldest in 40 years...
Miami shivers from coldest weather in decade...

And we have set several records for cold here on the high desert in New Mexico already this last 30 days with no relief in sight. Our heating bill was the highest it has ever been this last 30 days even adjusting for rate increase.

Maybe those predicting an approaching ice age are on to something?

Rather sacrifice 1000 Warmists to make sure that summer comes back. Think it'll work?

Yup. We'll keep up the sacrifices till April, May at the latest. That should do the trick.

Yup. We'll keep up the sacrifices till April, May at the latest. That should do the trick.
Just to make sure.... eh, Vern?

Just to make sure.... eh, Vern?

Hey Vern. I found the problem under your hood. looks like it's your catastrophic converter. Here, let me fix it, Pzzzzzzzzttttttttttt!

FOOLS, NAY SAYERS, UNBELIEVERS, DOUBTERS ! Global warming is here. Do not be fooled by the right-wing zealots who are manipulating the weather reports. The POLAR ICE CAP is melting..oh woooooooooooo is me ! The end is near.

10 Start
20 Make post
70 End

See the first quote in my sig. :rofl:

10 Start
20 Make post
70 End
If you CON$ don't like having your lies exposed, then you CON$ should stop lying.

And please show where I have said anything about AGW. The closest I have ever come is to point out that the present 100 year warming trend is outside the natural cycle of the last 450,000 years. But I never said the cause.
I have gone after the deniers spreading their "global cooling" hoax, so you are caught lying yet again.

10 Start
20 Make post
70 End
If you CON$ don't like having your lies exposed, then you CON$ should stop lying.

And please show where I have said anything about AGW. The closest I have ever come is to point out that the present 100 year warming trend is outside the natural cycle of the last 450,000 years. But I never said the cause.
I have gone after the deniers spreading their "global cooling" hoax, so you are caught lying yet again.

And yet it was forecast long before anyone claimed man was causing global warming that there would be about a 1 degree raise during the century. And Guess what? That is about what we had.

Forum List

Back